SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
twiceasnice
Topic Author
Posts: 21
Joined: July 8th, 2008, 10:07 pm

Actuary with risk modelling experience and coding expertise

December 14th, 2010, 8:54 pm

What are the prospects for a newly qualified actuary who has been working for a risk modelling department and has been exposed to financial modelling software coding? About 30% of the work is mathematical, the other 70% is client faced and consultancy work. 29 years old with a first in maths from imperial and a masters in maths.Are quant roles in banks a possibility for this candidate?Thanks.
 
User avatar
endian675
Posts: 143
Joined: March 11th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Actuary with risk modelling experience and coding expertise

December 15th, 2010, 8:17 am

Quant dev would be my best guess, which is a good job.
 
User avatar
spv205
Posts: 478
Joined: July 14th, 2002, 3:00 am

Actuary with risk modelling experience and coding expertise

December 15th, 2010, 9:33 pm

twiceasniceThe first in maths should help ...I would try getting in on the quant graduate schemes (despite your age). Contact imperial (and their finance society... and attend their networking/introductions to finance etc.) and apply online to the banks..i don't know what the deadlines are.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...


GZIP: On