Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

tags
Topic Author

edible oil trading position

February 25th, 2011, 10:14 pm

anyone here can describe his day-to-day role as an edible oil trader ?

plus

February 26th, 2011, 6:18 am

Working for a tribe of cannibals you get eaten if you dont make enough profit?

tags
Topic Author

February 26th, 2011, 11:43 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: plusWorking for a tribe of cannibals you get eaten if you dont make enough profit?thank you, plus. now, i feel more confident as preparing for my job interview. "what else ?"
Last edited by tags on February 25th, 2011, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frenchX

February 26th, 2011, 12:21 pm

First you should ask "Is there any edible oil trader here ?". I don't think it's a common position. For preparing the job interview I would say :-be aware of the latest economic news in this area and of the background of the company-prepare a nice speech about what you have done in your previous job (if you were a trader before talk about your P&L ,your Sharpe ratio and other numbers to show that you are a kick ass money machine ). -I guess that you would mainly trade futures so be ready to have some technical questions on the topic-don't hesitate to ask some questions and to make suggestions, it shows your interest and it's HIGHLY appreciated.Good luck lucky man !!

tags
Topic Author

February 26th, 2011, 1:20 pm

hey FrenchX !look what i've got for you.here is a 1L bottle of sunflower oil. it actually worths 2EUR.but, d'ya know what ?because, you're a good guy, and because we're fellow countrymen, i am going to sell it to you for only 4EUR.OH ! you don't see the point ? don't worry, it's ok. calm down, calm down.you probably feel nervous because you realize it's a good deal. but everything is under control. don't worry.now, i'm going to pass you throught the compliance guy. he's going to review together with you all the details of this trade. is that ok for you ? [just answer "yes"].and, to conclude with, let me say one more thing. congratulations, it's a pleasure to deal with you.woow ! i'm impressive. i think i'm in a good shape to land this job
Last edited by tags on February 25th, 2011, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frenchX

February 26th, 2011, 1:43 pm

LOL You are trying to misleading me in a wrong deal ! Me! A fellow comrad ! SHAME ON YOU !By the way do you know a bit about edible oil ? (tech, market view, applications and so on).Here a small presentation about oleochemical industry.HereKeep your head cold, show that you are motivated and informed and stay pro at each instant and it will be perfect

tags
Topic Author

February 26th, 2011, 9:29 pm

QuoteHere a small presentation about oleochemical industry.yep ! i have to know more on industrial oil production ....

ppauper

February 27th, 2011, 12:04 pm

wilmar is the world's biggest palm oil trader