SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Hansi

Global Quant Pay Survey RC1 Tell me what you think

May 14th, 2011, 3:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: frattyquantTried to check out the survey but the link seems to be down! (Also the one in your signature)Remove the duplicate http

AndyNguyen

May 14th, 2011, 3:54 pm

CrashedMint said it extremely well.I'm not survey expert, just very interested in this kind of survey, but I stopped clicking after the first 2, 3 pages whose size make the whole process seem rather daunting. Dominic said he reaches 90% of people in this line of work so obviously, many people will feel no need to do the survey or complete them (if they get curious enough to click on it). People can assure themselves that because the sample size is huge, there is no need for them to spend 5 minutes going through this task.I'm interested in just a subset of potential people surveyed i.e people who got an MFE degree so I do learn a lot from reading CrashedMint suggestions on how a survey should be done.

DominicConnor
Topic Author

May 14th, 2011, 4:24 pm

OK, there's a later version here It's two questions shorter, and I think I've killed all the logic glitches. Which question in the current version do you think I could delete without harming the quality too much ?I have to take some risks here if I am to get useful results.It may be mildly interesting to know that on average quants at Morgan Stanley earn more than at Deutsche bank, but unless we are comparing relatively similar people, then it is less useful.@Andy yes I do reach most people in this line of work but for any given person, I probably hit a quite small number of similar people that he could compare himself to.I need to separate by rank, by product area, by location, by So if you opt out, the number is less useful to you personally. The pages are quite big because ther are lots of specialities in this field.A quant dev and a quant trader may both call themselves Quants, but typically earn quite different amounts of cash.I am faced with the choice of either blurring too much or risking some people not filling it in.However, these are all mostly just tick boxes, I've timed it and it's about three minutes.
Last edited by DominicConnor on May 14th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DominicConnor
Topic Author

May 16th, 2011, 8:04 pm

This is pretty much what I'm going with, unless someone spots a horrid bug,
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On