SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Caesaria
Topic Author

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 2nd, 2011, 12:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: capafan2QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: demhaQuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehi just looked at the web site. it's quite startling. it makes you think twice whether you want to go to CMU MSCF. the field is dead. you can't compete with asians.Asians do it better and cheaper. First came the Japanese, now the Chinese and the Indians...japanese are different. they don't have a tendency to hire only japanese. did you see a group where all employees were japanese only? unlikely when you compete with japanese, you compete with japanese. when you compete with asians, you're simply filtered out. you can swing your bat as much as you want, nobody will pitch you a ball.That is brazenly true about Russian Jews as well. The only difference is they will hire you to do the grunt work but will shamelessly take the credit. I know one investment back (Huge one) where even the IT managers are practically all jewish. The same place they will expect the rest to do the work and without shame only hoard it for their russian jewish counterparts. If you are a russian jew who came here on political asylum you have more status there.As far as I have seen it Caucasians are about the only truly open lot. Asians will filter you out, but the sub-race I mentioned above will actively abuse your efforts.Interesting, are they american russian jews? or fresh off the boat? Or you mean israeli's of russian decent (of which there are many)?

demha

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 2nd, 2011, 12:58 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehjapanese are different. they don't have a tendency to hire only japanese. did you see a group where all employees were japanese only? unlikely when you compete with japanese, you compete with japanese. when you compete with asians, you're simply filtered out. you can swing your bat as much as you want, nobody will pitch you a ball.Ah, now I see what you meant.

stali

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 2nd, 2011, 6:31 pm

An MFE is not needed to get a good job in finance. But for Asians it is the only way to enter/immigrate to US.

quantmeh

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 2nd, 2011, 8:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: staliAn MFE is not needed to get a good job in finance. But for Asians it is the only way to enter/immigrate to US.much easier to do it in IT, no need for MS at all, BS will do. it's just they figured out that IT is overcrowded. obviously, now quant field is overcrowded, or will be shortly. i always say that asians can saturate any field. if you have 3bln people at disposal, it's a piece of cake

GiusCo

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 2nd, 2011, 8:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: staliAn MFE is not needed to get a good job in finance. But for Asians it is the only way to enter/immigrate to US.much easier to do it in IT, no need for MS at all, BS will do. it's just they figured out that IT is overcrowded. obviously, now quant field is overcrowded, or will be shortly. i always say that asians can saturate any field. if you have 3bln people at disposal, it's a piece of cakewe're coming to the core herethere is a limit to the number of bees and ants you can put into western cubicles, but there is no such a limit to liberal arts and pure researchthat's why the feeling I have for our friends at carnegie mellon 2011 is mixed: on one side, I guess they're not going to do anything noticeable, apart of becoming extremely efficient at something intrinsically stupid; on the other side, I'm sure the smartest among them will wake up soon and start living for real, making a real difference (one girl, I can see, already gives back to the community in her spare time)

Errrb

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 12:10 am

The title of this thread is missleading. After reading quantmeh and capafan2 posts I think it should be renamed to "Support group of anonymous dumb nazis who want to whine how their quant carriers are screwed up by asians and jews"
Last edited by Errrb on June 2nd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantmeh

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 12:23 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Errrbasians and jewsjewish people are asians

bearmf

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 12:26 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ErrrbThe title of this thread is missleading. After reading quantmeh and capafan2 posts I think it should be renamed to "Support group of anonymous dumb nazis who want to whine how their quant carriers are screwed up by asians and jews"Asians and Ashkenazi Jews probably have the highest IQ of all ethnic groups, so their fears are well founded!

quantmeh

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 12:52 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: bearmfAsians and Ashkenazi Jews probably have the highest IQ of all ethnic groupslet's not be racists here. American Psychological Association disagrees with youQuoteBecause ethnic differences in intelligence reflect complex patterns , no overall generalization about them is appropriate. T h e m e a n IQ s cor e s o f C h i n e s e a n d J a p - a n e s e A m e r i c a n s , f o r e x a m p l e , di f f e r l i t t l e f r o m t h o s e o f W h i t e s t h o u g h t h e i r spa t i a l a b i l i t y s c o r e s t e n d t o b e s o m e w h a t higherintelligence
Last edited by quantmeh on June 2nd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Errrb

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 12:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmeh QuoteOriginally posted by: Errrbasians and jewsjewish people are asiansI understand, quantmeh, that English and abstract thinking are not your strong side. Asians in this context meant chinese, japanese, vietnamese and others who come to live and study in US and work hard to get somewhere. Kasakhs are also asians of course, I don't think you complained about them so they are not implied here. After your extreme racists remarks about asians you want to teach everybody not to be racists? Quote when you compete with asians, you're simply filtered out. you can swing your bat as much as you want, nobody will pitch you a ball
Last edited by Errrb on June 2nd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbhiJ

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 9:44 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: bearmfAsians and Ashkenazi Jews probably have the highest IQ of all ethnic groupslet's not be racists here. American Psychological Association disagrees with youIts not racism but competition. You have to look at what is the prerequisite in standard 1(post nursery) in Indian schools. 5 year old children are expected to know addition, multiplication, substraction and should be able to write 7-8 sentence essays in english.

quantmeh

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 10:32 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: AbhiJYou have to look at what is the prerequisite in standard 1(post nursery) in Indian schools. 5 year old children are expected to know addition, multiplication, substraction and should be able to write 7-8 sentence essays in english.India has the largest illiterate population in the world.

capafan2

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 11:35 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehQuoteOriginally posted by: AbhiJYou have to look at what is the prerequisite in standard 1(post nursery) in Indian schools. 5 year old children are expected to know addition, multiplication, substraction and should be able to write 7-8 sentence essays in english.India has the largest illiterate population in the world.But you are not worried about them are you? Where I live the school with max Asian Kids(Not indians) are usually the best and me and my wife prefer to send our kids to those schools as the competition is very stiff (Neither one of us is Asian i.e from china, korea, japan , you get the point)

scmjsd2

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 11:37 am

haha, explosive thread about RACE. see, i said its a fascinating subject and obviously being a taboo also marred with much controversy. i find provocative the guy/girl who posted that 'race' doesn't exist. a recent liberal concept so ridiculous it's almost not worth countering. even my dog can identify it. i understand that most geneticists when able to voice a view without liberal thought police looking over their shoulder agree that race does exist. it's a continuous variable. there's been a lot of genetic research the last decade on it too. most of the European mtnDNA and y DNA markers have been identified - fascinating. we can even date most of the European races to within 10000 yr of their appearance by the rate of genetic mutation in mitochondrial dna. i think its been done for the japenese too. the other comment was the absurd idea that all races are statistically equal and that these differences are not caused (at least partly) by race. IQ is the most explored human attribute on this subject. i think it's accepted even by left wing academics that IQ is mainly inherited.

quantmeh

caucasians in CMU MSCF

June 3rd, 2011, 12:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: capafan2But you are not worried about them are you? i'm not worried about these things at all american education is the best in the world, in my opinion. Soviet education was awesome, but it's gone now. US has no competition in this area.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On