SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

QuantOrDie
Topic Author

jpm quant research...

December 17th, 2011, 1:30 am

From your experience/knowledge/shit you've heard, how do they treat their people relative to other places on the street (top tier bb)?Assume I would be coming in as a juniorish vp on a flow desk. Pay? Advancement? Hours? Respect?

capafan2

jpm quant research...

December 17th, 2011, 1:57 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: QuantOrDieFrom your experience/knowledge/shit you've heard, how do they treat their people relative to other places on the street (top tier bb)?Assume I would be coming in as a juniorish vp on a flow desk. Pay? Advancement? Hours? Respect?It all depends on your boss and unique culture of your sub-group. JPM may treat people great in general but you could still find yourself in a bad group. Or it may be a shittiest place to work for, but your group might be the best. One guy I know in an IB was happy where he was right out of school. He got promoted to VP, changed groups to get more experience and lost his peace of mind. Same guy,different group,different state of mind.

QuantOrDie
Topic Author

jpm quant research...

December 17th, 2011, 2:13 am

That is always true. However, I am unwilling to get more specific, and even if I did, there would probably be nobody around who could give me any feedback. I know what I think of my prospective boss, and I'm trying to update my priors with info on the group as a whole.

QuantOrDie
Topic Author

jpm quant research...

December 22nd, 2011, 4:18 am

Is there really nobody here with any input on this group?
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On