Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn

finding the time to study while working full time

November 11th, 2012, 9:27 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: capafan2QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteThis way you can use the information or study while driving to work [...]Now I see; you're the guy who causes all those crashes on the A9.Ho Ho! I once struggled with a HW problem for hours and finally decided to drive to my friends house to have a drink. And worked out a very intricate derivation in my head while driving. The added risk made my brain work like a charm. If you need to do it in a car, you are not using your time properly. Taking a train tends to focus the mind. Biggest risk is you might forget to get off at the destination.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 10th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

capafan2

November 11th, 2012, 8:33 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: capafan2QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteThis way you can use the information or study while driving to work [...]Now I see; you're the guy who causes all those crashes on the A9.Ho Ho! I once struggled with a HW problem for hours and finally decided to drive to my friends house to have a drink. And worked out a very intricate derivation in my head while driving. The added risk made my brain work like a charm. If you need to do it in a car, you are not using your time properly. Taking a train tends to focus the mind. Biggest risk is you might forget to get off at the destination.You Europeans have been spoiled by you lovely public transportation system as well as your very well functioning healthcare system. We in the USA believe that driving your own cars all the time and dying in poverty after a prolonged illness is an expression of our unfettered freedom.

Cuchulainn

November 12th, 2012, 7:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: capafan2QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: capafan2QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteThis way you can use the information or study while driving to work [...]Now I see; you're the guy who causes all those crashes on the A9.Ho Ho! I once struggled with a HW problem for hours and finally decided to drive to my friends house to have a drink. And worked out a very intricate derivation in my head while driving. The added risk made my brain work like a charm. If you need to do it in a car, you are not using your time properly. Taking a train tends to focus the mind. Biggest risk is you might forget to get off at the destination.You Europeans have been spoiled by you lovely public transportation system as well as your very well functioning healthcare system. We in the USA believe that driving your own cars all the time and dying in poverty after a prolonged illness is an expression of our unfettered freedom.We Europeans are pampered. I always said that.

farmer

April 2nd, 2014, 3:28 pm

QuoteWASHINGTON (WNEW) - Going for runs on a regular basis has been linked to a multitude of health benefits in countless research studies, but recent research suggests that too much running is tied to a shorter lifespan....Dr. James O'Keefe, director of preventive cardiology at the Mid-American Heart Institute in Kansas City, said that although the health risk factors still don't explain high-mileage runners' shorter longevity, excessive amounts of running were still potentially related to life-shortening effects.
Last edited by farmer on April 1st, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

April 2nd, 2014, 4:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteWASHINGTON (WNEW) - Going for runs on a regular basis has been linked to a multitude of health benefits in countless research studies, but recent research suggests that too much running is tied to a shorter lifespan....Dr. James O'Keefe, director of preventive cardiology at the Mid-American Heart Institute in Kansas City, said that although the health risk factors still don't explain high-mileage runners' shorter longevity, excessive amounts of running were still potentially related to life-shortening effects.By the same token, they also say highly-intensive and long physical efforts such as ironman races may result in shorten lifespan.
Last edited by tags on April 1st, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.