SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

jointy
Topic Author

Unresponsive HH

June 17th, 2013, 8:58 pm

I applied for a couple of positions through the efinancial careers, and received calls from HHs on day 1 of my application to confirm on my details and promising on getting back in a few days. I did not hear back from them for almost about 3 weeks now. These are relatively entry level positions where the requirement was <1y and 1y-2y industry experience. I could name the HH but I am not sure if that would be very helpful. Is it usual that HH don't come back as they promise on the job queries? Or is it because my profile isn't strong enough for the position?

ThinkDifferent

Unresponsive HH

June 18th, 2013, 1:34 am

There is no such a thing as "promise" from HHs. If they smell money they come back to you immediately.
Last edited by ThinkDifferent on June 17th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArthurDent

Unresponsive HH

June 18th, 2013, 1:53 am

Quote There is no such a thing as "promise" from HHs. If they smell money they come back to you immediately. Bingo! As a candidate, you are the HH's product that they spam^H^H^H^Hsell to clients. You need to adjust your game theory to this fact, and recalibrate your expectations.

neuroguy

Unresponsive HH

June 18th, 2013, 7:55 am

Fade it!Its not necessarily you that is at fault. They have certain mandates to fill and will choose to present the candidates who they see as most likely to earn them their commission. Move on man.Think of head-hunters like girls at a bar who you go and try to talk to (its been a while since I have done that, but I think I remember how it went...). Sometimes it works out great. Sometimes not. Either way life goes on.
Last edited by neuroguy on June 17th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jointy
Topic Author

Unresponsive HH

June 18th, 2013, 4:33 pm

All the waiting caused some restlessness and I had to blurt out my doubts here. Thanks Arthur, I will have to play accordingly. Also thanks Neuroguy and ThinkDifferent, may be I shouldn't get very hung upon the opportunities I applied for.

spice

Unresponsive HH

June 18th, 2013, 7:34 pm

You also need to be aware sometimes the job don't exist. They are put up to collect CVs for their database.

Samsaveel

Unresponsive HH

June 19th, 2013, 7:26 am

HH are a bunch of pathetic,sycophant creatures.......all talk and no action......they have their own people they move from one place to another.that's what they do best.........talk,talk,and talk...and no action.they should be completely abolished from the industry........All are crocks to the n-th degreedeal directly with banks ,or whatever your locking for ,and stay away from those low IQ HH.IBID

ThinkDifferent

Unresponsive HH

June 19th, 2013, 8:06 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelHH are a bunch of pathetic,sycophant creatures.......all talk and no action......they have their own people they move from one place to another.that's what they do best.........talk,talk,and talk...and no action.they should be completely abolished from the industry........All are crocks to the n-th degreedeal directly with banks ,or whatever your locking for ,and stay away from those low IQ HH.IBIDdude...did u just got rejected after an interview?

Samsaveel

Unresponsive HH

June 19th, 2013, 1:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelHH are a bunch of pathetic,sycophant creatures.......all talk and no action......they have their own people they move from one place to another.that's what they do best.........talk,talk,and talk...and no action.they should be completely abolished from the industry........All are crocks to the n-th degreedeal directly with banks ,or whatever your locking for ,and stay away from those low IQ HH.IBIDdude...did u just got rejected after an interview? no,even worse been dealing directly with the bank,and the HH i deal with interfered and messed the whole thing up

neuroguy

Unresponsive HH

June 19th, 2013, 1:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelHH are a bunch of pathetic,sycophant creatures.......all talk and no action......they have their own people they move from one place to another.that's what they do best.........talk,talk,and talk...and no action.they should be completely abolished from the industry........All are crocks to the n-th degreedeal directly with banks ,or whatever your locking for ,and stay away from those low IQ HH.IBIDdude...did u just got rejected after an interview? no,even worse been dealing directly with the bank,and the HH i deal with interfered and messed the whole thing upBut you didnt approach the bank after he told you about the position...Right?

Samsaveel

Unresponsive HH

June 19th, 2013, 2:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: neuroguyQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelHH are a bunch of pathetic,sycophant creatures.......all talk and no action......they have their own people they move from one place to another.that's what they do best.........talk,talk,and talk...and no action.they should be completely abolished from the industry........All are crocks to the n-th degreedeal directly with banks ,or whatever your locking for ,and stay away from those low IQ HH.IBIDdude...did u just got rejected after an interview? no,even worse been dealing directly with the bank,and the HH i deal with interfered and messed the whole thing upBut you didnt approach the bank after he told you about the position...Right?Right....absolutely.

neuroguy

Unresponsive HH

June 19th, 2013, 2:12 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelQuoteOriginally posted by: neuroguyQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelHH are a bunch of pathetic,sycophant creatures.......all talk and no action......they have their own people they move from one place to another.that's what they do best.........talk,talk,and talk...and no action.they should be completely abolished from the industry........All are crocks to the n-th degreedeal directly with banks ,or whatever your locking for ,and stay away from those low IQ HH.IBIDdude...did u just got rejected after an interview? no,even worse been dealing directly with the bank,and the HH i deal with interfered and messed the whole thing upBut you didnt approach the bank after he told you about the position...Right?Right....absolutely.So how did he know?

Samsaveel

Unresponsive HH

June 19th, 2013, 4:43 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: neuroguyQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelQuoteOriginally posted by: neuroguyQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentQuoteOriginally posted by: SamsaveelHH are a bunch of pathetic,sycophant creatures.......all talk and no action......they have their own people they move from one place to another.that's what they do best.........talk,talk,and talk...and no action.they should be completely abolished from the industry........All are crocks to the n-th degreedeal directly with banks ,or whatever your locking for ,and stay away from those low IQ HH.IBIDdude...did u just got rejected after an interview? no,even worse been dealing directly with the bank,and the HH i deal with interfered and messed the whole thing upBut you didnt approach the bank after he told you about the position...Right?Right....absolutely.So how did he know?hahahaha...you want all the details !well....you know ,I don't believe lex loci allows to go through the events leading to the Greek Tragedy with this HH .pacta sunt servandasuffice to say ,when monetary value is involved in the affairs of man ,some individuals will work without a moral compass.ibid

deepvalue

Unresponsive HH

June 26th, 2013, 5:21 am

It just means they passed your résumé to the manager and the manager said not now.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On