Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn

Lost money at prop desk -- what to write on CV?

October 29th, 2014, 2:54 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxQuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976You may have to change your field of work. I know one trader who had many successful years trading, then one bad IPO wiped him out. Now he is working as an accountant and Personal Financial Consultant making crappy money.You will not get too many chances to lose $1 M of other peoples money.Work in IT. It seems that they can loose this kind of money very very easily...But the good news is "IT learned a lot."

katastrofa

Lost money at prop desk -- what to write on CV?

October 31st, 2014, 9:38 am

@ tagoma: "I meant you just can't be okay with the inner workings of the company you're working with the days market is on your side while spitting upon it (your employer's company) while your P&L starts to see red."Who said that he/she was OK with the company workings... Company politics, pressure to trade regardless of the market situation, superiors interfering with one's strategy may well screw up one's P&L.I wouldn't lie, but it's up to you - it doesn't necessarily have to end bad:
Last edited by katastrofa on October 30th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.