Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

mit

Lost my job - What's next?

December 10th, 2014, 11:34 pm

why would working guys be happier than early-retired people? if you have money, go do whatever you want instead of being told what to do.nobody asks you to sit home watching TV. if you are a good trader, buy a house a costa de sol and manage some money from there. i dont see how getting a risk job be better than being free.

jimmybob

December 11th, 2014, 6:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: mitwhy would working guys be happier than early-retired people? if you have money, go do whatever you want instead of being told what to do.nobody asks you to sit home watching TV. if you are a good trader, buy a house a costa de sol and manage some money from there. i dont see how getting a risk job be better than being free.Most people want to work, or at least they don't have any better ideas. I have a friend who lives on a farm. They keep free range chickens in a shed. They are called 'free range' because the shed door is open. But none of the chickens ever go outside, since it's nice and warm inside the shed. Humans are similar.

mit

December 11th, 2014, 10:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: jimmybobQuoteOriginally posted by: mitwhy would working guys be happier than early-retired people? if you have money, go do whatever you want instead of being told what to do.nobody asks you to sit home watching TV. if you are a good trader, buy a house a costa de sol and manage some money from there. i dont see how getting a risk job be better than being free.Most people want to work, or at least they don't have any better ideas. I have a friend who lives on a farm. They keep free range chickens in a shed. They are called 'free range' because the shed door is open. But none of the chickens ever go outside, since it's nice and warm inside the shed. Humans are similar.then you deserve to be always working for somebody

jimmybob

December 12th, 2014, 8:41 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: mitQuoteOriginally posted by: jimmybobQuoteOriginally posted by: mitwhy would working guys be happier than early-retired people? if you have money, go do whatever you want instead of being told what to do.nobody asks you to sit home watching TV. if you are a good trader, buy a house a costa de sol and manage some money from there. i dont see how getting a risk job be better than being free.Most people want to work, or at least they don't have any better ideas. I have a friend who lives on a farm. They keep free range chickens in a shed. They are called 'free range' because the shed door is open. But none of the chickens ever go outside, since it's nice and warm inside the shed. Humans are similar.then you deserve to be always working for somebodynot everyone wants the same thing as you do

royalflush
Topic Author

Re: Lost my job - What's next?

November 22nd, 2017, 11:53 am

After 3 years this topic needs a refresh. I am back in the industry. Not as trader, I am a headhunter now, focussing on banks. Let's see how that works.

Cuchulainn

December 6th, 2017, 1:34 pm

What did you so since 2014? HH?

royalflush
Topic Author

December 11th, 2017, 1:16 pm

I worked as a teacher and a tutor in math where I was focussing on students. All those MBA-, Ecocnomics students have to take lectures in math / statistics. It's giving them a hard time. That's something where I could help. I met a lot of people, it was fun.
HH ist just since a couple of month.

londonoiltrader

December 13th, 2017, 11:27 am

have you approached companies like statkraft markets gmbh ? 

londonoiltrader

December 13th, 2017, 11:29 am

re train as a data scientist and learn to write python ... plenty of jobs about 

londonoiltrader

December 13th, 2017, 11:30 am

ha i should have read the whole post !

rmax

February 14th, 2018, 4:32 pm

After 3 years this topic needs a refresh. I am back in the industry. Not as trader, I am a headhunter now, focussing on banks. Let's see how that works.
Late to the party. Interesting update. Hope it works out well.