SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

dougieGmastaflex
Topic Author

Market maker interview questions

November 25th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Hey all,I've got a first round interview (post SHL online stuff) coming up with a market maker as a junior researcher. I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with such a process and/or could suggest some sources to look at for market makers in particular? My background is in maths and computing so my specific financial knowledge is essentially non-existent. I am about to tuck in to 'heard on the street' and 'algorithmic trading & DMA' and was wondering if you would recommend I continue on this course or pick up something more specific to the role? The volume of potential knowledge required is quite intimidating, so I'm in two minds as to focus on the general stats/probability side or to become a little more versed in the financial aspect. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

QuantOption

November 28th, 2014, 8:12 am

get the basics right, no excuse to fail some basic probability/stats/algorithms/programing questions. if time allows this could be of help, skim through this so that you understand the concepts of market making:http://www.volcube.com/ebook-store/Option Trading: Pricing and Volatility Strategies and Techniques - SinclairVolatility Trading - Sinclair not sure how quanty the interview is expected to be, if so, would be good to understand how to price american options using binonial, trinomial tree, effect of dividends, etchttp://www.emanuelderman.com/media/gs-implied_ ... _trees.pdf

dougieGmastaflex
Topic Author

December 1st, 2014, 8:11 pm

Fantastic, thanks for the heads up. I'm just having a look about and the GS quant strategies research notes seem very useful, cheers for that!
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On