SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

DevonFangs

Offer Choice

February 18th, 2015, 7:17 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: kgwr21Hi Folks,I have two offers: 1. BoA in NYC, model validation/model risk mgmt. The job is to validate some inhouse or third party models(MSCI Wealthbench, Barra, etc): portfolio optimization(Mean Variance, Black Litterman, Risk Parity), CAPM, Factor model, MC Simulation, linear regression. Mainly used for strategic asset allocation by financial advisors and maybe some porfolio manager.2. Wells Fargo in Charlotte NC, Market risk modeling. The job is to model VaR, Incremental VaR, Stress Testing of commodity, FX, equity, structured, credit, IR. May work on PFE and counter party risk as well.Compensation wise, the second offer is $60k more. Which should I take? I am interested in Stat Arb/ Quantitatve Investment or trading. But No offer from this area. Thanks and have a good day60k more and 50% higher purchasing power?except potatoes, which are apparently 130% more expensive in charlotte nc
Last edited by DevonFangs on February 17th, 2015, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThinkDifferent

Offer Choice

February 18th, 2015, 1:47 pm

money-wise it's a no-brainer. u'll save a lot more in Charlotte.but everything else equal, i have no idea who in their right mind would prefer living in Charlotte vs NYC. sure u'll get a bigger car, bigger house and all that, but it must be boring as hell......

QuantOption

Offer Choice

February 18th, 2015, 8:55 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferent..., but it must be boring as hell......boring? how much spare time do you actually have? zero over the week + if you have familly add zero to it over the weekend :)

Hansi

Offer Choice

February 18th, 2015, 10:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: QuantOptionQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferent..., but it must be boring as hell......boring? how much spare time do you actually have? zero over the week + if you have familly add zero to it over the weekend :)Agreed, I live in zone 1 London. I'd be fine with living somewhere relaxed instead but I get the chance to walk to work from here.At some point you just don't feel the need to always be doing a hundred and one "omg amazing" things.

DevonFangs

Offer Choice

February 19th, 2015, 7:51 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: HansiQuoteOriginally posted by: QuantOptionQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferent..., but it must be boring as hell......boring? how much spare time do you actually have? zero over the week + if you have familly add zero to it over the weekend :)Agreed, I live in zone 1 London. I'd be fine with living somewhere relaxed instead but I get the chance to walk to work from here.At some point you just don't feel the need to always be doing a hundred and one "omg amazing" things.Agreed, but the problem is when I looked to move to a more relaxed area in say, zone 3, that made me immediately feel one hundred years older

ThinkDifferent

Offer Choice

February 20th, 2015, 3:24 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: QuantOptionQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferent..., but it must be boring as hell......boring? how much spare time do you actually have? zero over the week + if you have familly add zero to it over the weekend :)if you work in FO, then sure. also, only the opportunity to go to blue note or birdland on w-ends worth >>> than a big house in the middle of somewhere where people don't walk but only drive.
Last edited by ThinkDifferent on February 19th, 2015, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On