Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

lqiiaun
Topic Author

Should i make a call?

June 11th, 2015, 2:42 am

hey guys, two months ago, i had my last interview with this company, it was a junior analyst position, several days after the interview, i got a call from HR and i was told they were building a new team so that they were going to recruit a team manager first, and i was a strong candidate, still under consideration as soon as they are done with manager recruiting, stuff like this...i need your advice, do i just wait or email them to reiterate my interest about this position, but i dont want them to think i am too pushy or desperate, so what do i do now. thank you guys.

MattF

Should i make a call?

June 11th, 2015, 7:18 am

Never waste any time or nervous energy waiting for potential jobs. Just pretend you didn't get it and carry on looking.

mzamfir

Should i make a call?

June 24th, 2015, 3:43 pm

I absolutely agree with lqiiaun about not wasting time or nervous energy waiting. As in, you should keep looking, etc. But I would say that you have little to lose and much to gain by simply pinging them with a short email to remind them of your existence (as a strong candidate!). I can't imagine many scenarios where making a small inquiry two months later would adversely affect your candidacy.Best of luck!
Last edited by mzamfir on June 23rd, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DominicConnor

Should i make a call?

July 11th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Certainly a polite and gently enthusiastic letter is worth the effort.A useful analogy for of job hunting is hunting. No hunter ever caught/shot better by getting over excited. You pick a good target, prepare, shoot then reload. Shouting at the bird won't make it easier to hit.