Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

secret2
Topic Author

Equity quant teams comparison

September 10th, 2015, 2:23 am

Headhunters and those of us who have been with more than one firms, could you share any insights regarding how the different sell-side Equity (derivative) quant teams compare? It would be interesting to know the tech details (e.g. coding languages used, willingness to explore non-traditional modeling techniques...) as well as the more personal perspectives (e.g. how well could a culturally "non-native" to the firm fit in, relationship with other teams...). Thanks.

DominicConnor

September 10th, 2015, 12:56 pm

um, er that's a lot of stuff you're asking for, why ?

secret2
Topic Author

September 11th, 2015, 12:11 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: DominicConnorum, er that's a lot of stuff you're asking for, why ?Having only worked for one team in one firm, I'll be interested to know how uniform/non-uniform the sector is and I thought other people in this situation would appreciate such knowledge too. Sorry if that sounded too nosy, but I would be happy to learn the distribution of the experiences instead of all individual data points.

DDUKON

September 16th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Just keep in mind that some of the big banks have either closed down Equity business OR put it as a run-off .Repos is different thing.If your questions is for sell-side, it is probably all same pricing models. The modelling of underlying risk factors differs though.