Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

DominicConnor
Topic Author

Entertaining job offer from Huxley

December 14th, 2015, 9:40 am

I received the following email just now: (the emphasis added is mine)I have read through your CV and feel it is an ideal fit for a role I am hiring for.The role is with a tier one bank , details are below:Role: MS SQL Server Developer/VBARate: £400 p/dayDuration: 6 month contract (rolling).Location: BristolKey Skills:VBA/VB Programming (using Microsoft Access/Excel would be preferable)Advanced understanding of Microsoft Access/Excel functionalitySQL Server Programming (creating stored procedures using DDL/DML etc)

Cuchulainn

December 14th, 2015, 11:54 am

Do they pay travel + hotel costs?

ArthurDent

December 15th, 2015, 3:09 am

Hilarious. You do have those skills though, so their data mining algorithm deserves to be forgiven.It's a race to the bottom between Huxley and Selby Jennings.A colleague was telling me a couple days back that he was getting candidate resumes from one person at Selby while another recruiter was sending him job offers a the same time.

bearish

December 15th, 2015, 10:39 am

The topic title is slightly ambiguous, but I take it that you are not actually entertaining this offer?

Cuchulainn

December 15th, 2015, 10:45 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: bearishThe topic title is slightly ambiguous, but I take it that you are not actually entertaining this offer?A pun differs from a malapropism in that a malapropism is an incorrect variation on a correct expression, while a pun involves expressions with multiple correct interpretations.

frolloos

December 15th, 2015, 5:12 pm

I was once asked by Huxley whether I was interested in a job that we advertised ourselves. I said, "Sure sounds interesting, by the way have you looked at my profile on Linkedin recently and where I work?". They did not have the grace to apologize. The bloke who contacted me is still working at Huxley. Probably MD by now.

DDUKON

December 17th, 2015, 10:39 am

I usually get emails like Test Analyst, Finance Auditing paying 35K . I blocked 1 agent, 2 agents , 3 agents but cant block all .. it keeps comingHuxley is a "Hoax"ley ..

CactusMan

February 25th, 2016, 3:27 am

As a matter of fact, I have had run-ins with Huxl-y. They contact me all the time! What really upset me was that after 100s of emails, one day I did take an interest in one (they had a candidate that looked like a fit for a job I knew about) and contacted them about it. Communication was terrible. I asked them to stop concacting me, but the email continue to this day.
Last edited by CactusMan on February 24th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.