SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

emac
Topic Author

Electronic trading

April 22nd, 2016, 6:37 am

Hi, some questions about electronic trading (by which I mean algorithmic execution and market making teams in banks or places like XTX, Citadel, etc.)1. Which are the best places? (I get the impression that Citi & Deutsche are particularly good among the banks and XTX is excellent.) 2 How easy is it to move from a quant modelling job (in a big IB, say) to a quant in an electronic trading team? 3. It seems like electronic trading should be very lucrative because your desk should own the PnL -- is this the case? Thanks.

mtsm

Electronic trading

April 22nd, 2016, 11:32 am

Be careful with electronic trading in banks.Some people claim that banks will rely on third party systems to provide services. It's getting progressively more difficult for banks to be competitive in businesses relying on niche technologies like etrading.

emac
Topic Author

Electronic trading

April 22nd, 2016, 1:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: mtsmBe careful with electronic trading in banks.Some people claim that banks will rely on third party systems to provide services. It's getting progressively more difficult for banks to be competitive in businesses relying on niche technologies like etrading.Not sure I understand any of that. Can you explain?

ISayMoo

Electronic trading

May 2nd, 2016, 6:38 pm

Banks are too slow, their IT systems too brittle and their culture too rotten to be competitive in electronic trading.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On