SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 113
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 9:18 am

Machine Learning/Neural Networks - Thijs Van Den Berg And Paul Wilmott - 30 Nov 2017 - London

September 20th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Price Behaviour Modelling With Machine Learning And Neural Networks - Thijs Van Den Berg And Paul Wilmott

Save the date: 30th November 2017,  Central London

COURSE OVERVIEW

In this course you'll learn how to build and apply advanced Machine models and Neural Networks to modelling the stochastic dynamical behaviour of assets prices and other time series. We cover the fundamental principles of Machine Learning, walk your through the most recent and exciting development...Continued
 
User avatar
tagoma
Posts: 17015
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Re: Machine Learning/Neural Networks - Thijs Van Den Berg And Paul Wilmott - 30 Nov 2017 - London

September 20th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Congratulations for this. It looks awesome. There is not a lot of material available on the topics you will be covering AFAIK.
 
User avatar
outrun
Posts: 3718
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Re: Machine Learning/Neural Networks - Thijs Van Den Berg And Paul Wilmott - 30 Nov 2017 - London

September 20th, 2017, 7:51 pm

Yes, a lot of material we have is from original research! The main research focus in ML right now is on images, video and text, not much on finance indeed, and it has great potentials to improve models.
 
User avatar
tagoma
Posts: 17015
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Re: Machine Learning/Neural Networks - Thijs Van Den Berg And Paul Wilmott - 30 Nov 2017 - London

September 20th, 2017, 7:58 pm

outrun wrote:
Yes, a lot of material we have is from original research! The main research focus in ML right now is on images, video and text, not much on finance indeed, and it has great potentials to improve models.

I can't find the Like button on the new Wilmott website!!
 
User avatar
Paul
Posts: 7680
Joined: July 20th, 2001, 3:28 pm

Re: Machine Learning/Neural Networks - Thijs Van Den Berg And Paul Wilmott - 30 Nov 2017 - London

September 20th, 2017, 9:05 pm

tagoma wrote:
outrun wrote:
Yes, a lot of material we have is from original research! The main research focus in ML right now is on images, video and text, not much on finance indeed, and it has great potentials to improve models.

I can't find the Like button on the new Wilmott website!!

It's been relabeled, look for "Place Order"!
 
User avatar
TraderWalrus
Posts: 19
Joined: March 24th, 2017, 6:54 am

Re: Machine Learning/Neural Networks - Thijs Van Den Berg And Paul Wilmott - 30 Nov 2017 - London

October 1st, 2017, 3:53 am

Any online version for an interested trader who is 9,000 km away from London?
 
User avatar
outrun
Posts: 3718
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Re: Machine Learning/Neural Networks - Thijs Van Den Berg And Paul Wilmott - 30 Nov 2017 - London

October 1st, 2017, 12:54 pm

TraderWalrus wrote:
Any online version for an interested trader who is 9,000 km away from London?

That's indeed far away!
We have no concrete plans for an online version any time soon.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...