Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Traden4Alpha

Re: Critical Success Factors for New Products

December 21st, 2016, 1:30 pm

.. Renew the option every 60 days
Always good to have the option to renew your options.
I like perpetual flexibility!

Also, I do not consider aquamarine a "cheap" substitute for diamonds.  Look at it.  A wonderful stone in its own right!

Diamonds are overladen with a specific type of significance.

Aquamarine has more degrees of freedom and interpretation around it.  :)

What does this say to you?

Here is some scientific information from the Gemological Institute of America  
GIA - Aquamarine
You'll have a beryl of fun!

katastrofa

December 22nd, 2016, 7:45 pm

I have emerald cut aquamarine earrings and like the colour too (stay cool, outrun, I won't post "a photo of my neck" again ;-P). I'm not sure if I'd choose the stone for a ring, though, because of its low hardness. It's too fragile for the very fingers which refurbished a flat and today repaired the engine of a kitchen robot, saving over half a kilo of hummus from being too chunky. Be careful with it while rowing.
I never wear any jewelry when I am rowing.
My only bling then would be my technique and my muscles.  And sweat, sparkling in the sunrise and again in the sunset.  :D
On Ukraine you empty your safe deposit box before going to the gym in your shell suit and stilettos.

trackstar
Topic Author

December 22nd, 2016, 7:52 pm

On Ukraine you empty your safe deposit box before going to the gym in your shell suit and stilettos.
Haha!  I actually decided to return it - I don't need more jewelry.  Maybe more common sense instead!  
Probably just indoctrinated watching football over the weekend - every other commercial was for diamonds or Mercedes.
Even I am susceptible to repeated and intense exposure to so-called desirable objects.
Clockwork Orange kind of thing and you have to work your way through that.  Fortunately just a few days and I am fine again.
:D

Cuchulainn

January 3rd, 2017, 11:06 am

I have emerald cut aquamarine earrings and like the colour too (stay cool, outrun, I won't post "a photo of my neck" again ;-P). I'm not sure if I'd choose the stone for a ring, though, because of its low hardness. It's too fragile for the very fingers which refurbished a flat and today repaired the engine of a kitchen robot, saving over half a kilo of hummus from being too chunky. Be careful with it while rowing.
I never wear any jewelry when I am rowing.
My only bling then would be my technique and my muscles.  And sweat, sparkling in the sunrise and again in the sunset.  :D
Do you row when wearing jewelry?

trackstar
Topic Author

January 3rd, 2017, 12:43 pm

No.  Not that way either!

Best just to wear your rowing shorts and a tank top.  Warmer layers when it is cold out.

Today it is 40 degrees F and misty out.  No rowing yet, but by March maybe.

Getting restless indeed though - maybe I will put on big boots and go hiking in the snow today.

Cuchulainn

January 3rd, 2017, 1:12 pm

Best just to wear your rowing shorts and a tank top.  Warmer layers when it is cold out.

Getting restless indeed though - maybe I will put on big boots and go hiking in the snow today.
Great stretch in the evenings.

Traden4Alpha

January 3rd, 2017, 1:44 pm

Sounds like it's time to set a new record on your erg.