SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: Strange discrepancy between dates in my thread.

February 6th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
Just buy a new clock.

Image

Hello, Dali!

...or is this an example of the "Ductile Malleability of the Temporal"?

or maybe ineluctable modality of the visible? Or  ineluctable modality of the audible depending on the clock?
All that audible ineluctable modality will drive one cuckoo!
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 68448
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Strange discrepancy between dates in my thread.

February 12th, 2017, 9:18 am

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35357&p=794963&hilit=yale#p794963

I just posted to the yale thread (about John C Calhoun) and it's showing a date of Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:11 pm instead of the actual date which is Sunday Feb 12, 2017

edit: but the post to this thread about the disrepancy has the correct date
 
User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8519
Joined: July 20th, 2001, 3:28 pm

Re: Strange discrepancy between dates in my thread.

February 12th, 2017, 10:12 am

It just makes you look v prescient.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56663
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Strange discrepancy between dates in my thread.

February 13th, 2017, 11:53 am

yes, time is relative.

"A ksana is a tiny unit of time, approximately one seventy-fifth of a second. I understand this is a generous amount of time compared to a nanosecond. But for purposes of understanding the sutras, it probably isn't necessary to measure ksana precisely."
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: Strange discrepancy between dates in my thread.

February 13th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
yes, time is relative.

"A ksana is a tiny unit of time, approximately one seventy-fifth of a second. I understand this is a generous amount of time compared to a nanosecond. But for purposes of understanding the sutras, it probably isn't necessary to measure ksana precisely."
But is time relative by blood or an in-law?
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56663
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Strange discrepancy between dates in my thread.

February 13th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
yes, time is relative.

"A ksana is a tiny unit of time, approximately one seventy-fifth of a second. I understand this is a generous amount of time compared to a nanosecond. But for purposes of understanding the sutras, it probably isn't necessary to measure ksana precisely."

But is time relative by blood or an in-law?

No, you'd still be spending your time trying to make sense out of what is laughingly referred to as the "human race." 
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: Strange discrepancy between dates in my thread.

February 13th, 2017, 3:36 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
yes, time is relative.

"A ksana is a tiny unit of time, approximately one seventy-fifth of a second. I understand this is a generous amount of time compared to a nanosecond. But for purposes of understanding the sutras, it probably isn't necessary to measure ksana precisely."

But is time relative by blood or an in-law?

No, you'd still be spending your time trying to make sense out of what is laughingly referred to as the "human race." 
Ah, so it's a "race" then... Where's the finish line?
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 56663
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Strange discrepancy between dates in my thread.

February 14th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
But is time relative by blood or an in-law?

No, you'd still be spending your time trying to make sense out of what is laughingly referred to as the "human race." 

Ah, so it's a "race" then...  Where's the finish line?

Once you experience  strange discrepancy between threads in your dates, then you know it's the end..
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...