SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

list1
Topic Author

question

February 14th, 2017, 4:03 pm

I can not enter for some time to General forum though other forums are open to me? The message to me when I put password is " You cannot reply in this forum".
I can login before I specify forum and then enter to General forum messages but I could not login from General forum when I try to answer on an existing message.

list1
Topic Author

Re: question

February 17th, 2017, 2:30 am

Interesting all Forums are closed for me. I could LOG IN but I do not have a button New Topic and could not place a comment to any messages. 
Only student forum is still open.

Cuchulainn

February 17th, 2017, 12:31 pm

list1 wrote:

and Suggestions forum.

I can't speak for others and here is my 2 cents ..

Most of your posts are 'asky' posts, yes? i.e. not leading to a definitive yes/no? Otherwise, it just rambles on and on and on,
When poster C interrupts the train of thought between posters A and B with irrelevant questions (I mean C posts irrelevant questions) it can destroy the thread.  Netiquette social skills  I suppose.

hth
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” Samuel Langhorne Clemens

list1
Topic Author

February 17th, 2017, 3:58 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
list1 wrote:

and Suggestions forum.

I can't speak for others and here is my 2 cents ..

Most of your posts are 'asky' posts, yes? i.e. not leading to a definitive yes/no? Otherwise, it just rambles on and on and on,
When poster C interrupts the train of thought between posters A and B with irrelevant questions (I mean C posts irrelevant questions) it can destroy the thread.  Netiquette social skills  I suppose.

hth

Sometimes my posts are questions to verify my understanding of a problems, sometimes I try to comment. It might be more or less relevant but it comes after other comments. But it is ok. I know that it is much easier do not think what is wrong or why? 

Cuchulainn

February 18th, 2017, 1:27 pm

What is your ultimate goal? I assume all these questions are 'converging' to something?
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” Samuel Langhorne Clemens

list1
Topic Author

February 18th, 2017, 7:16 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
What is your ultimate goal? I assume all these questions are 'converging' to something?

I did not understand the sense of my restricted presentation on wilmott site. I do not fully understand it now too. Of course I could comprehend the sense of your assumption but it might be better of somebody send a message. Though I do not think that it is a deadly problem if wilmott.com close writing option to me too.  
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...