Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

list1
Topic Author

question

February 14th, 2017, 4:03 pm

I can not enter for some time to General forum though other forums are open to me? The message to me when I put password is " You cannot reply in this forum".
I can login before I specify forum and then enter to General forum messages but I could not login from General forum when I try to answer on an existing message.

list1
Topic Author

Re: question

February 17th, 2017, 2:30 am

Interesting all Forums are closed for me. I could LOG IN but I do not have a button New Topic and could not place a comment to any messages. 
Only student forum is still open.

Cuchulainn

February 17th, 2017, 12:31 pm

and Suggestions forum.

I can't speak for others and here is my 2 cents ..

Most of your posts are 'asky' posts, yes? i.e. not leading to a definitive yes/no? Otherwise, it just rambles on and on and on,
When poster C interrupts the train of thought between posters A and B with irrelevant questions (I mean C posts irrelevant questions) it can destroy the thread.  Netiquette social skills  I suppose.

hth

list1
Topic Author

February 17th, 2017, 3:58 pm

and Suggestions forum.

I can't speak for others and here is my 2 cents ..

Most of your posts are 'asky' posts, yes? i.e. not leading to a definitive yes/no? Otherwise, it just rambles on and on and on,
When poster C interrupts the train of thought between posters A and B with irrelevant questions (I mean C posts irrelevant questions) it can destroy the thread.  Netiquette social skills  I suppose.

hth
Sometimes my posts are questions to verify my understanding of a problems, sometimes I try to comment. It might be more or less relevant but it comes after other comments. But it is ok. I know that it is much easier do not think what is wrong or why? 

Cuchulainn

February 18th, 2017, 1:27 pm

What is your ultimate goal? I assume all these questions are 'converging' to something?

list1
Topic Author

February 18th, 2017, 7:16 pm

What is your ultimate goal? I assume all these questions are 'converging' to something?
I did not understand the sense of my restricted presentation on wilmott site. I do not fully understand it now too. Of course I could comprehend the sense of your assumption but it might be better of somebody send a message. Though I do not think that it is a deadly problem if wilmott.com close writing option to me too.  

katastrofa

November 8th, 2017, 1:49 pm

It may sound a bit strange, but do you also cannot log in the forum?