Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

TheStranger
Topic Author

Deleting a thread

March 21st, 2018, 2:58 am

Hi,

Can someone help me delete the thread I started? (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=101193) I don't see any option in my settings page

Alan

Re: Deleting a thread

March 21st, 2018, 3:24 pm

If you don't get satisfaction from admin, you can certainly delete your own posts, I will be happy to delete mine, and perhaps ppauper will delete his: problem solved! Generally, I'm not a fan of deleting threads, but since you asked for PM's, I think it makes sense here.

(Suggest you add a note to your last post saying you would like to close the topic, so 'no more posts, please').

TheStranger
Topic Author

March 21st, 2018, 6:39 pm

If you don't get satisfaction from admin, you can certainly delete your own posts, I will be happy to delete mine, and perhaps ppauper will delete his: problem solved! Generally, I'm not a fan of deleting threads, but since you asked for PM's, I think it makes sense here.

(Suggest you add a note to your last post saying you would like to close the topic, so 'no more posts, please').
Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find anywhere at the time how to delete my post. I'm sorry if deleting threads is against some unwritten rules, but I just get paranoid. In all likelihood I'll be going back to a similar kind of job, and I don't want anyone to connect the dots and use what I said to hold it against me. Of course, no one important is going to bother about some thread a few days later, but there are lots of useless people at banks whose only work is to spy on Linkedin profiles, forums etc and connect those dots. The "he won't stick around" theory has been used against me twice in my career to not promote me when due (which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy in my opinion). 

Edit: One can't delete posts if it has been replied to. So I have just edited them.

ppauper

March 21st, 2018, 8:36 pm

the most recent post in a thread can be deleted. Click on the big X

I've deleted my most recent post, so you can now delete another post

Paul

March 21st, 2018, 9:01 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't find anywhere at the time how to delete my post. I'm sorry if deleting threads is against some unwritten rules, but I just get paranoid. In all likelihood I'll be going back to a similar kind of job, and I don't want anyone to connect the dots and use what I said to hold it against me. Of course, no one important is going to bother about some thread a few days later, but there are lots of useless people at banks whose only work is to spy on Linkedin profiles, forums etc and connect those dots. The "he won't stick around" theory has been used against me twice in my career to not promote me when due (which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy in my opinion). 

Edit: One can't delete posts if it has been replied to. So I have just edited them.
You don’t think this is potentially making things worse?

(As they say, see what I did there?!)

TheStranger
Topic Author

March 21st, 2018, 9:49 pm

Well, it didn't as much till now as the other one. But that now you have posted here, the traffic might follow you here :) It's less likely for people to frequent this forum. But yeah, may be we could delete this too?

Paul

March 21st, 2018, 11:46 pm

Some people should just have their internet taken away...for their own safety!

I was thinking of highlighting this thread in our next mailshot. Joke!

TheStranger
Topic Author

March 22nd, 2018, 2:33 am

I was thinking of highlighting this thread in our next mailshot. 
I say Oui! Maybe using this thread in your magazine would count as a publication for me? I can use that for my "research" credentials

Paul

March 22nd, 2018, 7:36 am

If you can do some original and relevant research and/or explain something in a particularly clear way then we’d be happy to publish. But I don’t know your interests and level...because you’ve deleted everything!

Alan

March 23rd, 2018, 10:40 pm

Coincidentally, some amusing abuse -- I guess the dark web must be fully booked.

Cuchulainn

March 23rd, 2018, 11:04 pm

I was thinking of highlighting this thread in our next mailshot. 
I say Oui! Maybe using this thread in your magazine would count as a publication for me? I can use that for my "research" credentials