SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

rmeenaks
Topic Author

Posts in the US are off by one hour due to Daylight Savings

March 10th, 2009, 9:47 am

Hi,The daylight savings setting is not correct in the US. My posts are one hour off. I guess the daylight savings hasn't changed from April to March yet in your system...Cheers,Ram

daveangel

March 10th, 2009, 9:53 am

stay in bed an hour longer...
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

trackstar

March 10th, 2009, 11:29 pm

I am happy because I am now in London and I don't have convert Wilmott time any more.I do have to convert currency though.Ouch!Can someone help me construct a hedge on US dollars to be spent at British racetracks...
Last edited by trackstar on March 10th, 2009, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

March 11th, 2009, 7:12 am

you must be having a great time given where cable is now - London has slipped to 27th most expensive city in the world !

trackstar

March 11th, 2009, 7:26 am

Let's not even get into global telecomms right now. My new "global" BlackBerry did not come packaged with an *international* SIM card.I have been a customer for years and I asked specifically that I be given the right card for this trip.So my first adventure after breakfast is to the mobile phone store.PS: Should I short TMobile and buy Vodaphone? Orange?

daveangel

March 11th, 2009, 7:31 am

cable = £/$

trackstar

March 11th, 2009, 9:29 am

Yes, the "ouch" was for you. I know that cable refers to the old days of FX trading...Last time I visited the British Empire, the rate was 2:1.But on the wireless cable front (an oxymoron you see), I am still fighting with SIM cards.

daveangel

March 11th, 2009, 10:28 am

yes the ouch is for us but only should we travel abroad and given the parlous state of the economy we wont be doing much of that.good luck with the wireless ...

Traden4Alpha

March 11th, 2009, 11:29 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: mackbarCan someone help me construct a hedge on US dollars to be spent at British racetracks...Would that by a BDS (Bettor Default Swap)? At least you are not betting in Zimbabwean dollars in which the inflation rate can eat your N:1 winnings between the time you place the bet and collect the winnings.Good luck with you local troubles with the global Blackberry.As for the original subject of this post: a deft change in the "Profile" settings can fix the time-zone offset. It's a hack because you will have to change it back once the server's creaky old software thinks it's U.S. DST/"summer time".
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On