Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

MikeM
Topic Author

Which way does time run in Wilmott World?

July 31st, 2003, 4:29 pm

Is it me, or do some forums go forward in time when you progress down the page and some go backwards? ...It hasn't always been this way has it? ...I'm not sure that I have a preference one way or the other. When you go to a thread for the first time, it's nice to read down the page. When you've been to a thread a few times, it's nice to see the new stuff right away. ...Either way, just as long as it is the same everywhere.

FDAXHunter

July 31st, 2003, 5:37 pm

Fool! You can change that in the profile settings.

N

August 1st, 2003, 11:54 am

Fool! You can change that in the profile settings. Or... For most quants, just turn that flat panel upside down.

MikeM
Topic Author

August 1st, 2003, 1:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: FDAXHunterFool! You can change that in the profile settings....yes, but there does not seem to be an option to have some forums run forward and some backwards, which is what I am seeing....so disregard the second half of my comment, but there still seems to be a problem.

FDAXHunter

August 1st, 2003, 1:57 pm

I assume they run forward in time when you are logged out and backward when they are logged in, could this be your problem?

MikeM
Topic Author

August 1st, 2003, 2:25 pm

...that's possible . I do have my preference set so the most recent post is at the top, and when I'm not logged in it's the opposite way around. ...still, I could almost swear that this time reversal happened when I was logged in. One thread went in the correct direction, the next thread went in the other direction, and the thread after that was back to normal....I can't seem to reproduce the error now, so if nobody else has experienced this maybe we should just assume that it was the logged-in/logged-out issue.Thanks, M

FDAXHunter

August 2nd, 2003, 2:05 pm

Dude... I have a craving for M&Ms come here you... *mrrreewwww, phhhhtttt meeooooww phhttttt phhhttttt*

Cuchulainn

Re: Which way does time run in Wilmott World?

February 4th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Now we know.