Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ExSan

Wish list for www.wilmott.com V2.0

November 3rd, 2013, 10:50 am

Could it possible a filter of the threads we are subscribed to.I wish I could see them by date, by forum, recent post/update etc. relevance(activitY)thnks
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

tags
Topic Author

November 23rd, 2013, 10:16 am

It would be nice changes made by posters in original messages were replicated in quotes thereafter.

trackstar

November 23rd, 2013, 4:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardIt would be nice changes made by posters in original messages were replicated in quotes thereafter.No, it would not. Thumbs down on this one.
Last edited by trackstar on November 22nd, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags
Topic Author

November 23rd, 2013, 4:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardIt would be nice changes made by posters in original messages were replicated in quotes thereafter.No, it would not. Thumbs down on this one.You Julius Caesar!!I mean there are typos left sometimes.I think it's ugly and would be kin to corect zem.

trackstar

November 23rd, 2013, 4:34 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardIt would be nice changes made by posters in original messages were replicated in quotes thereafter.No, it would not. Thumbs down on this one.You Julius Caesar!!I mean there are typos left sometimes.I think it's ugly and would be kin to corect zem.I seriously doubt that is what you mean.No one cares about minor typos around here.Of course, it would be good if quotes of deleted material came up empty after the deletion by the OP - that would be fine, and even better than the current system where deletions can endure through the handiwork of others.
Last edited by trackstar on November 22nd, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags
Topic Author

November 23rd, 2013, 4:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardIt would be nice changes made by posters in original messages were replicated in quotes thereafter.No, it would not. Thumbs down on this one.You Julius Caesar!!I mean there are typos left sometimes.I think it's ugly and would be kin to corect zem.I seriously doubt that is what you mean.No one cares about minor typos around here.Of course, it would be good if quotes of deleted material came up empty after the deletion by the OP - that would be fine, and even better than the current system where deletions can endure through the handiwork of others.I mean it TS. I hate to see the typos I make!

trackstar

November 23rd, 2013, 4:44 pm

OK - I support the request to have quotes of material change dynamically with all changes made by the OPs to their original posts.This is not a "track changes" request - it is a "global search and replace" request.

Alan

November 23rd, 2013, 5:33 pm

I doubt having some edit to the OP flow through to other follow-up posts is practical. The quotes are just text in the follow-up post that might have then been edited, paraphrased, responded to within the quote, etc.Maybe the issue could be addressed with a toggle option to "allow/not allow auto quotes for this post" that can be selected in the original post at any time. Once 'not allow' is selected, the Quote option disappears from the menu bar in the lower right. Once you have done all youredits, toggle it back on if you want to then allow your post to be auto quoted. The default behavior could be a user profile item. Personally, I would choose 'not quote' to be thedefault because I make a lot of edits within an initial period to a technical post. Then, after I was doneeditting, I would turn the quote option back on. For example, I wouldn't have allowed this postto be quoted until now: 6:50Maybe that's not practical either, but it seems easier on the face of it, and addresses a few issues.
Last edited by Alan on November 22nd, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

November 23rd, 2013, 11:23 pm

Given scarce time and resources for new features, I would rather have them launch the Royal Wilmott Holodeck, the Soul Exchange as envisioned by spacemonkey, and a Monte Carlo Secret Santa automated for the OT - opt in, put in your gift(s) and the system makes the matches and announcements.
Last edited by trackstar on November 23rd, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags
Topic Author

December 7th, 2013, 1:23 pm

I don't remember if that was suggested before.It would cool if the forum resized automatically pics that are too large. Sometimes, some thread becomes 'visually messy' due to those large pictures, IMO.
Last edited by tags on December 6th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan

December 15th, 2013, 10:51 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardI don't remember if that was suggested before.It would cool if the forum resized automatically pics that are too large. Sometimes, some thread becomes 'visually messy' due to those large pictures, IMO.+1
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

Cuchulainn

January 9th, 2014, 7:30 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunuse secure connections https instead of http. Prevents people/organizations/goverments from tracking your forum members and gives them more freedom.I myself bought this one last week: wildcard SSL certSo, this encrypts all traffic to and from your web site?

tags
Topic Author

January 19th, 2014, 7:52 pm

it would be cool there was a 'draft' option so that to save a new topic (thus before it is actually posted) or a reply to a topic.