SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

tagoma
Topic Author

Wish list for www.wilmott.com V2.0

April 13th, 2013, 9:31 am

- An excerpt (if not all!) of the comment posted in new message notifications by emails.- A powerful interface to compose emails with nice(r) layouts.

trackstar

April 13th, 2013, 10:29 am

Again, if relatively easy, some very practical requests:- Restore ability to edit our own thread titles - there really are typos or updates to be made sometimes.- Better search; more accurate and complete. Also ablility to search by original poster, or by several contributors to the thread.- More active publicity for QF events and books - book reviews by members?- A rating system for threads. I appreciate the level of tolerance here and would not necessarily propose a trash can or blender. However, if a thread in one of the many Forums had some positive indicators, I would make sure to check it out. As it is now, we rely completely on titles or location only (e.g. Some helpful people may check every thread in the Technical or Trading Forums).
Last edited by trackstar on April 12th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

April 13th, 2013, 10:38 am

And more "official bloggers".I will volunteer! On Topic themes only, of course.

tagoma
Topic Author

April 13th, 2013, 11:27 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarAnd more "official bloggers".I will volunteer! On Topic themes only, of course.I long to read your On Topics posts.

trackstar

April 13th, 2013, 11:48 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarAnd more "official bloggers".I will volunteer! On Topic themes only, of course.I long to read your On Topics posts.There are already quite a few of those in the OT, but those threads don't tend to do as well in that location. There are some from the early days of Economics too.A blog post should be more than a link to an article written by someone else.It is ok to take something published in the FT, Economist, WSJ, or Vanity Fair () as a starting point, but a blogger should elaborate on the theme - add some creativity and value to the discussion.

Cuchulainn

April 13th, 2013, 12:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarAnd more "official bloggers".I will volunteer! On Topic themes only, of course.In the Blogger hall of fame photos, where would you like to be positioned, e.g. alphabetically etc.

tagoma
Topic Author

April 13th, 2013, 12:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarAnd more "official bloggers".I will volunteer! On Topic themes only, of course.In the Blogger hall of fame photos, where would you like to be positioned, e.g. alphabetically etc. Under the 'babies' tag?Disambiguation: I'm kidding

trackstar

April 13th, 2013, 12:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarAnd more "official bloggers".I will volunteer! On Topic themes only, of course.In the Blogger hall of fame photos, where would you like to be positioned, e.g. alphabetically etc. Well, we are just half joking and thinking out loud here, but there are currently 12 bloggers, so I would be lucky 13! The natural spot would be lower left hand corner.And this makes the row inviting for the next folks to arrive - like starting a new table at a luncheon (which is something I tend to do.)I am not afraid to be alone and maybe some interesting people and the black sheep of the crowd will join me.

trackstar

April 13th, 2013, 12:32 pm

This babies things suffers a bit from trans-Atlantic translation.Here, when we refer to "babies", we mean literally pre-toddlers in their cribs surrounded by stuffed animals and snuggly blankets.You might address your wife as "Hey, baby", but the plural definitely does not work. Honey, sweetie, dear, darling are all acceptable, but I think it is best to have a customized nickname for your beloved. I will not share those with you. I never kiss, nickname, and tell. **If you mean hot women, those are "babes". Some would appreciate the purported compliment and some would not.I'm not big on "babe" myself. It seems too seventies guy to me. "Hotties" is very '90s. It may pass.**PS: I use "sweetie" here when I am being ironic.

tagoma
Topic Author

April 13th, 2013, 12:39 pm

I'm aware that "Brian is in the kitchen". But that hasn't really improved my English!

trackstar

April 13th, 2013, 12:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardI'm aware that "Brian is in the kitchen". But that hasn't really improved my English! No worries - if I wrote in French more often here, you would have plenty of laughs (and some too), I'm sure.I just thought I would tell you about this babies thing.And some day, you might actually want to insult some one too - like if I said, "Look at farmer and zerdna fighting over there, God they are such big babies."That does not indicate that they are big hotties, but it does mean something.

ExSan

April 14th, 2013, 10:44 pm

what about an online library ?

ExSan

April 17th, 2013, 12:50 pm

embedded video link, frame too big

rmax

April 30th, 2013, 7:22 am

Like and dislike button.Better Search

quartz

April 30th, 2013, 5:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxLike and dislike button.I like the like/dislike suggestion. And T4A does too, afair.Also some mechanism to fork (ex post) parts of a thread that has gone off topic, by creating a new thread or moving a block to another one... (there'd need to be some voting/acceptance mechanism from all involved posters though). A mechanism to switch on/off inside a thread all the "chat/OT" posts contributing noise (again with voting/acceptance...) and hiding the signal.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On