Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Administrator
Topic Author

Server problems

August 11th, 2013, 12:19 am

Sorry but we are undergoing some problems with the server. I am working on a solution, but please bear with me and I'll aim to have things up and running as soon as possible.James

Administrator
Topic Author

Server problems

August 11th, 2013, 1:52 am

Things should be back to normal. Please let me know if any of you spot anything that is still not working properly and I'll get on to it a.s.a.p. Thanks...

ppauper

Server problems

August 11th, 2013, 7:52 am

no problems yet tioday (sunday 11th) but yesterday (saturday 10th) I was getting error messages all day when I tried to access the site

tags

Server problems

November 12th, 2013, 5:56 pm

Hello. It seems to me I haven't received any email notification from Wilmott for many hours now.

tags

Server problems

November 12th, 2013, 6:43 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardHello. It seems to me I haven't received any email notification from Wilmott for many hours now.I just received an update for the QUANT Workshop 2014 - Save the date! event, but not a single email notification for eg the Black Friday thread.

tags

Server problems

November 12th, 2013, 10:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardHello. It seems to me I haven't received any email notification from Wilmott for many hours now...which demonstrates that when you have too many alerts then the information content of an alert drops below the information content of *not* getting an alert!

tags

Server problems

November 13th, 2013, 4:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardHello. It seems to me I haven't received any email notification from Wilmott for many hours now...which demonstrates that when you have too many alerts then the information content of an alert drops below the information content of *not* getting an alert!Ah,.. the alerts are working again! Was attending a conf. Just got connected.Unfortunately, I haven't received a single email notification in the last 18 hours or so.

Administrator
Topic Author

Server problems

November 13th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Notifications appear to be working without any issue our end... hence how I was alerted to this latest post.QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardHello. It seems to me I haven't received any email notification from Wilmott for many hours now...which demonstrates that when you have too many alerts then the information content of an alert drops below the information content of *not* getting an alert!Ah,.. the alerts are working again! Was attending a conf. Just got connected.Unfortunately, I haven't received a single email notification in the last 18 hours or so.

tags

Server problems

November 13th, 2013, 5:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AdministratorNotifications appear to be working without any issue our end... hence how I was alerted to this latest post.QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardHello. It seems to me I haven't received any email notification from Wilmott for many hours now...which demonstrates that when you have too many alerts then the information content of an alert drops below the information content of *not* getting an alert!Ah,.. the alerts are working again! Was attending a conf. Just got connected.Unfortunately, I haven't received a single email notification in the last 18 hours or so. Thanks James for the prompt reply.I checked again and hust realized that notifications from Wilmott arrive straight in my spam box.That's weird. I haven't changed any email account settin ???Anyway I the problem doesn't come from the forum

Administrator
Topic Author

Server problems

November 13th, 2013, 5:25 pm

No problem. I hope you can sort out that issue... :/Originally posted by: edouardQuoteThanks James for the prompt reply.I checked again and hust realized that notifications from Wilmott arrive straight in my spam box.That's weird. I haven't changed any email account settin ???Anyway I the problem doesn't come from the forum
Last edited by Administrator on November 12th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan

Server problems

November 15th, 2013, 12:19 pm

something is wrongI have noticed it for the last two days, off topic, programming and soft Forumposts do not appear in chronological order ???ie. I posted before DD but his post looks much recent ?same thing in off topic... several threads ???
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

Administrator
Topic Author

Server problems

November 15th, 2013, 1:21 pm

Can you point me to the specific threads in which you are seeing this?Thanks,JamesQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSansomething is wrongI have noticed it for the last two days, off topic, programming and soft Forumposts do not appear in chronological order ???ie. I posted before DD but his post looks much recent ?same thing in off topic... several threads ???