Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

bearish

Re: x?

August 2nd, 2020, 8:09 pm

Haha - it is fine giving credit where due and if you plugged that equation from the original post into Google - the Unicode for box is the top hit.

Back in the 1980s, I had to load hexadecimal codes in manually for character set for my first computer. A good intro to primitive computing.

These days, I am loading up plates with nutritious meals for someone... Hopefully can be released with others by a professional rehabber when ready.

Note the mask - is this a coincidence or did my new totem animal find me?
Looks like a Rascal!

katastrofa

August 2nd, 2020, 8:48 pm

Haha - it is fine giving credit where due and if you plugged that equation from the original post into Google - the Unicode for box is the top hit.

Back in the 1980s, I had to load hexadecimal codes in manually for character set for my first computer. A good intro to primitive computing.

These days, I am loading up plates with nutritious meals for someone... Hopefully can be released with others by a professional rehabber when ready.

Note the mask - is this a coincidence or did my new totem animal find me?
He knows you plan to kick him out - reading job ads :-)

trackstar

August 2nd, 2020, 9:28 pm

Here is a Rehab Brainteaser:

You have an injured baby rabbit that weighs 6.45 ounces,...it needs to drink x ounces of formula per day....with antibiotic medicine dosage in micro grains per kg of body weight....etc.

The "exotic formularies" are a big deal - and it's not hard math, but the exam is timed, so it's a good thing I can use a calculator! :)
Last edited by trackstar on September 20th, 2020, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

August 2nd, 2020, 11:20 pm

I had the pre-exposure vaccine and, AFAIR, my sister had it (her family lives in Australia in a human sanctuary - it's where you're a guest to wild animals at "your home", as we call it in other parts of the world). I can't remember any significant side effects or her mentioning anything (I had strong reactions to some travel vaccinations). Hopefully you will be all right. (BTW, just in case you haven't already checked it, some vaccines are covered by the health insurance - at least here in the UK.)

You might also be eligible for some state or local funding for your work - ? Otherwise, GoFundMe, ko-fi, Facebook fundraisers (if you have a lot of active friends), Amazon shopping lists, spontaneous auctions, "name the racoon", "sponsor a baby rabbit", ... - as long as you don't make a profit from it, I think it's fair to ask others to chip in, and I'm sure there are many people who will want to support you financially since you've already invested your time and efforcxd t.

Good luck on your exam!

Cuchulainn

August 3rd, 2020, 12:09 am

trackstar

August 3rd, 2020, 12:48 am

Thanks, both!

And to go full circle on this thread, we can agree that "x"? marks the spot! 
skunkstretch.jpg
Skunks are known to be clever, curious, and a little bit dangerous, of course. Perfect! : )

katastrofa

August 3rd, 2020, 12:57 am

"Alan says squirrel, I say witch."

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 2.55.27 PM.png

can u see where the cat is hiding? (typeset in LaTeX )
This is cute! Thank you!
The package is
\usepackage{halloweenmath}[2019/11/01]

Leela looks a bit (and stinks - because she eats so much) like a little skunk.

Collector
Topic Author

August 3rd, 2020, 5:41 pm

the halloweenmath package the best math package for LaTeX including functions for cats I think, still cannot even easily square-root a cat with it (without also have to include a witch), why don't someone make a m LaTeX cat-math package? 

suggested minimum functions: black cat, white cat, Norwegian forest cat, Schr{\"o}dinger cat, fat cat, kitten cats, top cat, cat-woman, egyptian cat, dead cat bounce, cat with 1 to 9 lives...

So yes I can get the cat out, but not the witch, lacking functionality, not able to do proper QM, only old QM
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 7.49.41 PM.png

trackstar

August 3rd, 2020, 6:00 pm

Caution is advised when flipping cats and witches, even with your best gloves.

The good (bad) witch -> bad (good) witch might decide to flip you in return!
toad.jpg
Then what would you do? : D

katastrofa

August 3rd, 2020, 7:23 pm

Go to a certified rehabber, of course!

trackstar

August 3rd, 2020, 7:49 pm

Go to a certified rehabber, of course!
Haha! Well, naturally I would provide the most luxurious terrarium, daily menus for fine insect dining, and plenty of room for exercise and relaxation under shady ferns and so forth.

But once the creature adjusts and grows strong, it would be released back into the wild. : )

BTW - I will start a new thread in the OT about Wildlife. May or may not be active on the Forum in this regard going forward, but why not?  And it is time to branch out from Brainteasers - there are definitely plenty of zoo-centric brainteasers, but they don't belong in here. : D
I do think I passed the State exam this morning. : )

Cuchulainn

August 4th, 2020, 3:42 pm

Sounds like a monologue interior to me. 
More undefined symbols, meshuggah

BTW [$]\Delta == \nabla^2[$]

or have those finicity physicists discovered  a new symbol?
And [$]\Delta != \nabla[$]

Why?

katastrofa

August 4th, 2020, 8:57 pm

I suspect it's something to do with [$]\frac{d^n}{dx^n} x^n = n![$], but I don't see how it gives the above.

Cuchulainn

August 5th, 2020, 9:08 am

I suspect it's something to do with [$]\frac{d^n}{dx^n} x^n = n![$], but I don't see how it gives the above.
[$]n[$] is an integer? BTW have you sussed out fractional calculus.

Collector
Topic Author

August 5th, 2020, 9:43 am

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.34.05 PM.png
Last edited by Collector on August 5th, 2020, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.