Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ExSan
Topic Author

Fractals - Patterns and Chaos

September 23rd, 2015, 12:46 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: wileyswExSan, it's a sin to fill this thread with ugly text, but i am curious about the algorithm you used to produce these fascinating plots. i could see iteration from your comments of the code, so is it indeed the chaos game? thanksIn fact this fractal is based on Chaos GameQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSan°
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

ExSan
Topic Author

September 24th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Fractal: Recursiveness taken to a certain limitThis is an elementary fractal: In a given coordinates center n lines then in each half of those lines repeat the process.Once the idea is clear then the interesting part is CODING which is not always easy. You got to have clear concept of recursiveness. See the original post in this thread back in Fri Jul 03, 09 09:27 AM - I just added some color. DownLoadZone ° ExSan V_6.00.B basicFractals
Attachments
ExSan V_6.00.B basicFractals.zip
(2.95 MiB) Downloaded 374 times
Last edited by ExSan on September 27th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan
Topic Author

September 28th, 2015, 12:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaWhat is art? Good question.How about "an intentionally emotion-inducing novel artifact"?What?? That's a new way of looking at it! You did that on purpose didn't you?:DIndeed! :D QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunCan a wild cat or dog create art? I don't think so. The Bowerbird? perhaps...I agree!The Bowerbird is pretty artistic although the emotional message is not so novel: "Hey, Baby! Look at my pimped crib!"QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanshe's very skilled for a human, but it's not art.Nowadays, what is art?What are the characteristics of a particular creation to be qualified as art? Let's put aside for a moment the subjectiveness
Last edited by ExSan on September 27th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

September 29th, 2015, 3:55 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaWhat is art? Good question.How about "an intentionally emotion-inducing novel artifact"?What?? That's a new way of looking at it! You did that on purpose didn't you?:DIndeed! :D QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunCan a wild cat or dog create art? I don't think so. The Bowerbird? perhaps...I agree!The Bowerbird is pretty artistic although the emotional message is not so novel: "Hey, Baby! Look at my pimped crib!"QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanshe's very skilled for a human, but it's not art.Nowadays, what is art?What are the characteristics of a particular creation to be qualified as art? Let's put aside for a moment the subjectivenessWhat would be the variables in some software that we might call Art Detector In a Robotic Engine (ADMIRE)?Are purely functional objects (e.g., a plain hammer) art or must the object include superfluous features (nonfunctional curves, embellishments, or colors)?If an object is boring, can it be art? Or must the object provoke a response? And, if so, does that not make art subjective?

Cuchulainn

November 6th, 2015, 2:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaWhat is art? Good question.How about "an intentionally emotion-inducing novel artifact"?What?? That's a new way of looking at it! You did that on purpose didn't you?:DIndeed! :D QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunCan a wild cat or dog create art? I don't think so. The Bowerbird? perhaps...I agree!The Bowerbird is pretty artistic although the emotional message is not so novel: "Hey, Baby! Look at my pimped crib!"QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanshe's very skilled for a human, but it's not art.Nowadays, what is art?What are the characteristics of a particular creation to be qualified as art? Let's put aside for a moment the subjectivenessWhat would be the variables in some software that we might call Art Detector In a Robotic Engine (ADMIRE)?Are purely functional objects (e.g., a plain hammer) art or must the object include superfluous features (nonfunctional curves, embellishments, or colors)?If an object is boring, can it be art? Or must the object provoke a response? And, if so, does that not make art subjective?Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.Oscar Wilde

ExSan
Topic Author

November 8th, 2015, 9:26 am

¬

ExSan
Topic Author

November 16th, 2015, 8:12 pm

ExSan
Topic Author

November 16th, 2015, 9:57 pm

Fancy Parametric CurvesGNUPLOT is used to generate the ploted graphs. You shall install itDownLoadZone ° ExSan V.6.00.D FancyParamCurves When posted 154 340 Views
Attachments
ExSan V.6.00.D FancyParamCurves.zip
(3.11 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
Last edited by ExSan on November 15th, 2015, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan
Topic Author

December 6th, 2015, 12:03 am

ExSan
Topic Author

December 25th, 2015, 1:30 pm

I have no idea how I got these images
Last edited by ExSan on December 24th, 2015, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan
Topic Author

January 27th, 2016, 10:37 am

posted in Digital Forensic: Is this image photoshopped ?QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaSo cool! http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm

ExSan
Topic Author

January 27th, 2016, 10:50 pm

Related MysteryQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteCriminal investigations often use photographic evidence to identify suspects. Here we combined robust face perception and high-resolution photography to mine face photographs for hidden information. By zooming in on high-resolution face photographs, we were able to recover images of unseen bystanders from reflections in the subjects' eyes. To establish whether these bystanders could be identified from the reflection images.Identifiable Images of Bystanders Extracted from Corneal ReflectionsRelated Mystery more here
Last edited by ExSan on February 19th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

February 3rd, 2016, 2:47 pm

ExSan
Topic Author

February 20th, 2016, 9:53 am

I have noticed that Fractals topic is on the trend at this moment. There is abundant information in the web. A lot of people got enthusiastic with Fractals. Willmott FRACTALS PATTERN AND CHAOS thread is a kind of pioneer, it is now almost 9 years old and it records 165K visits-Paul Nylander-in the beginning

ExSan
Topic Author

Re: Fractals - Patterns and Chaos

April 26th, 2018, 11:29 am