Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ExSan
Topic Author

Fractals - Patterns and Chaos

August 9th, 2010, 11:27 am

I am glad you liked them . I have quite more ideas and will be posting here more graphs and the corresponding code. It should be clear that chaos is chaos and it is not a pattern but patterns might become chaos? I am not sure about that...Algorithms used are quite simple, I would say very simple, at least FROM the point of view of my product ExSan. When I code them Its almost like pseudo-codingExSan is a spreadsheet tool built on a novel data structure, coded in C++, console based and capable of handling large matrices, for instance in Image Processing tasks. It is used for a variety of applications including Pattern Recognition, Artificial Intelligence, Financial Derivatives Pricing and more general Numerical Computing.A Single Master Class / Object that does It All - Everything under a unique roof : Exsanps. I have started to learn CUDA planing to move my code to it, it is very promising .More Here
Last edited by ExSan on August 8th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

ExSan
Topic Author

August 9th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Petrie PolygonFrom the Downloadable File extract program ExSan_Petrie_PolYgon to your desktop and execute
Attachments
Exsan_V.4.01.M_Petrie_Polygon.zip
(900.02 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

ExSan
Topic Author

August 11th, 2010, 5:39 pm

NS - Fractals promise higher-temperature superconductorsQuoteSUPERCONDUCTORS could be made to work at higher temperatures than ever before, thanks to the discovery that one such material has an internal structure that behaves like a fractal. Its structure is also similar to the way the internet and some social networks are connected up.With no electrical resistance, superconductors can conduct a large current with no energy lost as heat. This makes them extremely useful for a host of applications, from maglev trains to particle accelerators. However, most superconducting materials only work at temperatures close to absolute zero, though certain compounds containing copper and oxygen work at just over 100 kelvin....When Bianconi's team used X-ray crystallography to deduce the way the interstitials are arranged in their crystals, a pattern emerged (see picture). The pattern was the same whether the crystal structure was examined at millimetre or micrometre scales - it was behaving like a fractal . "It's a completely unexpected result," says Bianconi.NS - Is The Univers A Fractal ?
Last edited by ExSan on August 11th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frenchX

August 12th, 2010, 9:33 am

Unfortunately I don't have access to this article (a quite strange journal, Neuroquantology ) but the title really catches me and the abstract... well you'll see .The Fractal Nature of the Brain: EEG Data Suggests That the Brain Functions as a ?Quantum Computer? in 5-8 DimensionsQuoteThe brain has been traditionally viewed as a deterministic machine where certain inputs give rise to certain outputs. However, there is a growing body of work that suggests this is not the case. The high importance of initial inputs suggests that the brain may be working in the realms of chaos, with small changes in initial inputs leading to the production of strange attractors. This may also be reflected in the physical structure of the brain which may also be fractal. EEG data is a good place to look for the underlying patterns of chaos in the brain since it samples many millions of neurons simultaneously. Several studies have arrived at a fractal dimension of between 5 and 8 for human EEG data. This suggests that the brain operates in a higher dimension than the 4 of traditional space-time. These extra dimensions suggest that quantum gravity may play a role in generating consciousness.I really want to read it to see if it's "serious" or a scientific hoax but I fear that I will have to wait my return from holidays
Last edited by frenchX on August 11th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan
Topic Author

August 12th, 2010, 11:30 am

Code posted on Mon Aug 09, 10 05:43 PMinstruction that draws a white line linking points AB looks like: net->draw_line(net, draw_page, xo, yo, xf, yf, white); using the same function / algorithm; I have added the next instruction net->draw_circuference_centered_in_the_middle_of_AB_(...); voila le graph:More Here
Last edited by ExSan on August 11th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan
Topic Author

August 17th, 2010, 5:11 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunAnyway:have you seen the MandelBox video? and the Budhabrot mystery of the sitting Budhda?What a mystery !? Feel free to point more links

ExSan
Topic Author

August 24th, 2010, 11:48 pm

Into the Heart of the Mandelbulb
Last edited by ExSan on August 24th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan
Topic Author

August 25th, 2010, 8:50 am

The Possibilities Are Infinite Star Wars Fractal - Here is a variation of the Mandelbox fractal. It is generated with Mandelbulb 3d - Author "Paolo" Art Gallery
Last edited by ExSan on August 26th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan
Topic Author

August 30th, 2010, 12:01 pm

Traden4Alpha

September 11th, 2010, 9:31 pm