Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

BerndSchmitz
Topic Author

Fixing offset in AUD swaps

January 4th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for any AUD swaps experst out here. My question: In a standard AUD fix-float swaps, how many days prior to each period's start does the AUD-LIBOR rate fix? According to Marc Henrard's convention guide it's -1D. However, all our AUD swaps (admittingly we only have very few of them) have 0D - even the ones coming throug MarkitWire (so I would consider this information to be reliable).

So what is the standard? -1D or 0D?

Thanks,
Bernd

bearish

Re: Fixing offset in AUD swaps

January 4th, 2019, 9:03 pm

I cannot claim to have current expertise on Aussie swaps but, for what it’s worth, Bloomberg SWPM defaults to 0 days.

DavidJN

January 5th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Commonwealth countries (UK, Canada, Aussie, New Zealand) tend to have a zero day lag, that is fixing dates are the same as value dates.

riskneutralprob

January 7th, 2019, 7:49 pm

I think it used to be a 1 day rate fixing lag when the reference rate was LIBOR.  I think they switched to BBSW with a 0 day rate fixing lag.

BerndSchmitz
Topic Author

January 8th, 2019, 11:36 am

I think it used to be a 1 day rate fixing lag when the reference rate was LIBOR.  I think they switched to BBSW with a 0 day rate fixing lag.
Interesting. Is it possible that they stuck to the old spot lag of a swap of 1D (i.e. if you enter a swap today, the first period starts in 1D), but the BBSW rate now fixes with a lag of 0? This would, however, imply that the first floating rate is not yet fixed when the you enter into the swap - something that I find unusual but not impossible. Does anybody know for sure?

riskneutralprob

January 8th, 2019, 1:57 pm

[img]file://.d:/temp/audswap5y_2fltleg.gif[/img][img]file:///d:/temp/audswap5y_1.gif[/img]

riskneutralprob

January 8th, 2019, 2:00 pm

I looked again on bloomberg and in the description of the AUD 5Y Swap, it actually says the Fixing Lag on the Float Leg is 2 business days.  Sorry I tried to post the screenshot but it failed to post.

HarryHancock

January 11th, 2019, 9:42 am

We are United State based investment group expanding our portfolio globally through supporting individuals and private corporate projects in form of a debt financing short and long term loan investment. 

Our plan is to focus more on U.S. and European markets in areas of agriculture, mining, manufacturing, construction, aviation, Real estates, trading etc. We will be glad to partner with you in any viable project initiative within our scope of funding. 
Our clear and precise terms of ROI Return in Investment will be provided to you as soon as we receive your project investment presentation. 

Best Regards, 

Harry Hancock
Finance Warriors LLC
Loan/Investment Financing 
Mobile: +1801770 4435