SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

yuhtyng
Topic Author

3 Month T-bill rate

September 6th, 2007, 2:59 pm

I want to find the 3M T-Bill rates of some countries from Bloomberg-Treasury & Money Markets. In US and UK, there is T-Bill rate. However, in Japan, EURO, Austria, Switzerland, there is no information about T-Bill rate. How can I find these rates ? Or there is some other rate that means T-Bill rate? Tks.

Martinghoul

3 Month T-bill rate

September 6th, 2007, 4:57 pm

I think for EURO the closest thing you might be able to use is Bubills, and maybe Italian CCTs, but these are somewhat idiosyncratic mkts...I don't believe there's anything like T-bills in a conventional US sense... What do you need bills for?

yuhtyng
Topic Author

3 Month T-bill rate

September 7th, 2007, 12:01 am

In Bloomberg for EURO and Austria, can I use "EUR LIBOR FIX" to replace T-bill rate? And for Japan, can I use "LIBOR FIX" ? For Switzerland, can I use "CHF LIBOR FIX"? Tks. I need these data to do macro economics analysis, or anyone can tell me whatelse can I do?Tks.

cemil

3 Month T-bill rate

September 7th, 2007, 7:02 am

For euro, you need to use french tbills (benchmark) till 1year instead of german tbills.you cannot use libor fixing to replace tbills rate.

Martinghoul

3 Month T-bill rate

September 7th, 2007, 7:51 am

Hehehe, you most certainly don't wanna be using LIBORs these days... There's some very interesting shenanigans going on there.And for Italy, I meant BOTs, not CCTs, sorry... I think for short stuff in EMU there isn't quite the degree of unanimity that you're looking for, so every mkt can be different, as I mentioned.

cemil

3 Month T-bill rate

September 7th, 2007, 8:22 am

EMU don't exist :-)Actually the short term benchmark for euro is the french tbills.And if you want to build a yield curve for each county you need to get the tbills of this country.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On