Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

PaperCut

I have come to bury TJ and not to praise him.

September 18th, 2008, 12:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MCarreiraI think that TJ and quantyst are the same person ...No disrespect intended, but I thought you were quantyst. You kept posing brainteasers and you would answer each others'. So I thought you were just trying to look good to help with getting a job.Anyways, no ill-will intended, just making an observation...

daveangel
Topic Author

September 18th, 2008, 2:02 pm

QuoteNo disrespect intended, but I thought you were quantyst. You kept posing brainteasers and you would answer each others'. So I thought you were just trying to look good to help with getting a job.Do you know if anyone has been "recruited" based on their contribution son Wilmott ?
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

MCarreira

September 18th, 2008, 3:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: PaperCutQuoteOriginally posted by: MCarreiraI think that TJ and quantyst are the same person ...No disrespect intended, but I thought you were quantyst. You kept posing brainteasers and you would answer each others'. So I thought you were just trying to look good to help with getting a job.Anyways, no ill-will intended, just making an observation...No problem ... when there's time I like to solve them (it's almost a compulsion), and visibility never hurts; but I've been working at the same place for almost 15 years now.I am not that vocal an atheist either, people can believe in God ... they have believed in worst entities thoughout history.

TraderJoe

September 19th, 2008, 10:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: aiQUANTIt could be that TJ is a bot. Because no human being is capable of demonstrating such bad behaviour.

barny

September 20th, 2008, 12:28 am

He is a spammer; you only have to look at his two contributions in this very thread to see that. Most of his contributions to threads consist of a link to some webpage which I never bother reading. I don't mind people having differing(well-informed) opinions, but TJ's certainly aren't informed and he speaks on some subjects as if he is all-knowing. He quite frankly ruins some threads which would be perfectly OK without him, like the poster a few posts above me, if I go through a thread and see TJ has posted on it more than twice I give up. I wouldn't object to a ban.

Cuchulainn

September 20th, 2008, 9:27 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI wrote a firefox greasemonkey pluginWhere is this on your site? Will it support regular expressions?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 19th, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

September 20th, 2008, 9:47 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI wrote a firefox greasemonkey pluginWhere is this on your site?Yes, I'd like to block out cuchulainn (none of his stuff makes any sense anyway) and davetheraveangel .

Cuchulainn

September 20th, 2008, 9:54 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI wrote a firefox greasemonkey pluginWhere is this on your site?Yes, I'd like to block out cuchulainn (none of his stuff makes any sense anyway) and davetheraveangel .Maybe less Banach spaces and more real maths and C++?

Cuchulainn

September 20th, 2008, 9:55 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI wrote a firefox greasemonkey pluginWhere is this on your site?Yes, I'd like to block out cuchulainn (none of his stuff makes any sense anyway) and davetheraveangel .Maybe less Banach spaces + strings and more real maths and C++? That might help you. I have special training course for people like you.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 19th, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TraderJoe

September 20th, 2008, 9:57 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI wrote a firefox greasemonkey pluginWhere is this on your site?Yes, I'd like to block out cuchulainn (none of his stuff makes any sense anyway) and davetheraveangel .I'm currently talking with investors about setting up a commercial webshop outletWhat, just to ban me? I'm flattered ! Invest in TJ.

TraderJoe

September 20th, 2008, 10:01 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI wrote a firefox greasemonkey pluginWhere is this on your site?Yes, I'd like to block out cuchulainn (none of his stuff makes any sense anyway) and davetheraveangel .Maybe less Banach spaces + strings and more real maths and C++? That might help you. I have special training course for people like you.Yes, I've heard about these.

TraderJoe

September 20th, 2008, 10:08 am

QuoteCuch: Maybe less Banach spaces + strings and more real maths and C++? Careful cuch, some might argue that this is partly what got us into this mess.