SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Nikkei
Topic Author

What are the best free online financial news sources?

August 14th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Hello everyone:Suppose I don't want to pay for subscriptions to WSJ and such like, but I still want to appear likeI follow the markets - for the purpose of job interview. In that sense, what are the best online sourcesof financial news and analytic articles?Thanks in advance.

Hansi

August 14th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Well WSJ is semi free, if you get to an article that asks you to login just google the headline and access it with the google news referrer then it will be expanded. Or you can use a plugin to set the default referrer for wsj to always be google news.Generally I just follow a few blogs and have a look through their links of the days etc and then read the FT.

acastaldo

August 14th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Bloomberg.com has for free many of the same top stories as the expen$ive Bloomberg terminal that traders use.

phil451

August 15th, 2011, 6:43 am

The Econmist has an online and ipod/ipad/android version which publishes some key articles free of charge. However, for the sake of GBP3.99 a week you will get some extremely good Finance and Market analysis

LTrain

August 16th, 2011, 2:50 am

I agree with the suggestions and I will add Financial Times and finance.yahoo.com.

Traden4Alpha

August 16th, 2011, 10:31 am

If your potential job interviews are at public companies, you can set up a mock portfolio of these companies on places like Yahoo and get a screen full of news on those listed entities. That can help you learn about the company and show the interviewer that you understand that particular company's situation.

Nikkei
Topic Author

August 16th, 2011, 10:54 am

Thanks, that's a good idea.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On