SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Academic
Topic Author

HFT in Switzerland or Germany

August 26th, 2013, 8:29 am

Hi,does anybody know HFT shops in Switzerland or Germany? I am doing some historical research on trading and would like to talk to somebody who would be willing to explain and show(!) me how it works.Any leads are appreciated.Robert

tagoma

August 26th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Academic.Googling a bit can you you a starting point, I believe.High-speed traders pile into SwitzerlandQuoteNew joiners include Getco, Spire Europe, Hudson River Trading, Sun Trading and Algo Engineering, as well as Dutch trading house All Options, according to market notices of the Zurich-based exchange.I wonder what's your plan to approach them and make them talk??
Last edited by tagoma on August 25th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Academic
Topic Author

August 26th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Thank you Eduoard,I also read that post. However, most of the companies listed do not acutally reside in Switzerland. They are simply trading at SIX and if they are based in Europe then mostly in London.I am involved in a research project that is interested in the changing role of market devices. So I would be really interested to know how traders in High Frequency Finance interact with the market. I don't know about "making them talk" but in our experience people are usually happy to talk about what they do.

quartz

August 27th, 2013, 11:50 am

Quotedoes anybody know HFT shops in Switzerland or Germany? I am doing some historical research on trading and would like to talk to somebody who would be willing to explain and show(!) me how it works.IAT in Germany, and there's also some german sw for algo-trading.Are you familiar with algo? You need that as a basis before delving into HFT and interviewing...But be prepared, it won't be easy to get some material, few are happy to talk about it :-) (still you can PM me.)

chocolatemoney

September 5th, 2013, 1:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AcademicThank you Eduoard,I also read that post. However, most of the companies listed do not acutally reside in Switzerland. They are simply trading at SIX and if they are based in Europe then mostly in London.I am involved in a research project that is interested in the changing role of market devices. So I would be really interested to know how traders in High Frequency Finance interact with the market. I don't know about "making them talk" but in our experience people are usually happy to talk about what they do.This is not entirely true. Some of the shops mentioned do host research team, traders and operational infrastructure in Switzerland or are in the process of expanding.When the article was written there had been some fuss about a redesign of tax rates in UK and elsewhere.Some of the shops mentioned in the article took the decision to expand their footprint in Switzerland, diversifying away on their geographic operational exposure. The move was also meant to signal that if tax becomes, uh, let's say "less favourable", they can quickly pack their stuff and leave.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On