Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

katastrofa

Re: a math point on wave function

January 17th, 2017, 9:16 pm

List1, have you heard about Wigner function?

list1
Topic Author

January 17th, 2017, 9:52 pm

List1, have you heard about Wigner function
It is a Wigner function and Wigner distribution which somewhat different. Both of them seem do not specify quantum particle path.

Cuchulainn

January 18th, 2017, 10:11 am

More detailed paper 

Is it not an idea to use Latex?

Collector

January 18th, 2017, 4:07 pm

Don't forget to include negative quasi probabilities 

We review some of the literature on negative probabilities in physics fo- cussing primarily on the Wigner function 

God does not play dice with negative probabilities!! Only humans and humanoids do (or possibly only humanoids)!

Collector

January 18th, 2017, 4:28 pm

More detailed paper 

I tried to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft Word  years ago and hated it. It was hard to use and produced ugly output. I tried it again recently and was pleasantly surprised.

I’ve long said that math written in Word is ugly, and it usually is. But the fault lies with users, like myself, not with Word. I realize now that the problem is that most people writing math in Word are not using the Equation Editor
I personally prefer typing in LaTeX, in particlular longer documents. If using word one should use MathType or the Equation Editor 3.0 and avoid Microsoft Math Editor I think, in particular if for print. Mirosoft Math editor supposedly can give problems with high resolution.

list1
Topic Author

January 18th, 2017, 6:17 pm

We review some of the literature on negative probabilities in physics fo- cussing primarily on the Wigner function 

God does not play dice with negative probabilities!! Only humans and humanoids do (or possibly only humanoids)!
In formal construction of the wave function they deal with the classical probabilities and the probabilistic measure corresponding random process that is underlying of the wave function is a complex-valued process. All difficulties have arisen in the Feynman's approach connected to attempts to construct probabilistic measure of the wave's underlying in real-valued world. Formal construction suggests that Feynman construction deal with 'trace" or might be better say a projection of the complex quantum movement on real part of the complex-value quant world.

Cuchulainn

January 20th, 2017, 11:49 am

More detailed paper 

I tried to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft Word  years ago and hated it. It was hard to use and produced ugly output. I tried it again recently and was pleasantly surprised.

I’ve long said that math written in Word is ugly, and it usually is. But the fault lies with users, like myself, not with Word. I realize now that the problem is that most people writing math in Word are not using the Equation Editor
I personally prefer typing in LaTeX, in particlular longer documents. If using word one should use MathType or the Equation Editor 3.0 and avoid Microsoft Math Editor I think, in particular if for print. Mirosoft Math editor supposedly can give problems with high resolution.
I usually turn the switch off if I see an article that is not in Latex.  This is not always possible. e.g. having to read a thesis.. it's like walking in melting snow.

Cuchulainn

January 20th, 2017, 11:50 am

You like your negative probabilities, so you do :)

Collector

January 21st, 2017, 5:57 pm

they love me, and I admit I felt in love with them for a short while. That was until I found out how complex and negative they truly are!

Cuchulainn

January 21st, 2017, 6:26 pm

they love me, and I admit I felt in love with them for a short while. That was until I found out how complex and negative they truly are!
Two negatives don't make a positive.

Traden4Alpha

January 21st, 2017, 10:50 pm

Two negatives don't make a positive.
Under multiplication they do!