SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

borussenflut
Topic Author

Croat the new Catalan "Bitcoin"

March 4th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Croat could be the coin of the year 2018 .CROAT - THE CATALAN ALTCOIN - EGALITARIAN COIN OF THE CATALAN PEOPLE
7,5 million catalan people and over 18 million european Costa Brava tourists need a new currency.
At this time Croat is not listet at any exchange but this comes in the very next time, but now there are seller at ebay , who sell 5 croat for 3 Euro and featured business like Hotels, Fashion Designers,
Investment Brokers, , Inmobrokers and many more Merchants have already accepted Croatcoin with a parity of 1 Croat = 0,5 € .
Look at their english homepage https://croat.cat/en/home/
That is big potential, i don`t know another cryptocurrency with such a big potential
The total coin supply is only 100.467.441 CROAT.
If they go to an exchange in the next weeks I will buy this coin and earn lots of money.+

This coin will grow and grow to the moon

Traden4Alpha

Re: Croat the new Catalan "Bitcoin"

March 4th, 2018, 3:16 pm

LOL! Be careful. This sounds like another scam.

The 7,5 million catalan people and over 18 million european Costa Brava tourists actually don't need a new currency. And they certainly don't need some cryptocurrency with no backing and no price stability. The Euro works quite well, is universally accepted, and is backed by a solid banking system. Economies naturally fluctuate and the cryptocurrency concept of a fixed supply is just a bad bad idea guaranteed to create volatility.

I hope you don't put any money you can't afford to lose in this scheme.

Cuchulainn

March 4th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Badly chosen name (confusing). Besides, are you also betting on Catalonia. 

feels like

Croat = Bitcoin + nostalgia.

A new currency is the least of your worries at this moment.

borussenflut
Topic Author

March 4th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Have you seen at their homepape the whole links to TV-news, radio- and  newspapers ?
They all speak and wrote about croatcoin and I think, if the catalan people decide that they want the coin, they do that because they are very proud for their country.
In Europe in the past Austria or Lichtenstein today have no problems to stand without EU or Euro.

@Traden4Alpha You spoke about a solid banking system, I am from Germany and since three years something has changed, If I want 10.000 Euro from my own money at my bank,
I must say it to my bank 7 days before I want to take my money. In 1995 I went to my bank and took 200.000 Euro with no waiting Problems.

Paul

March 4th, 2018, 7:56 pm

borussenflut wrote:
... they are very proud for their country.

What’s that saying? Pride comes before a...? Help me out here... I remember now, it’s “Pride comes before a new and really successful crypto currency.”

Cuchulainn

March 4th, 2018, 8:44 pm

40 years ago it was national airlines that we were all proud of for some reason. Now it's the next wave of madness.

Cuchulainn

March 4th, 2018, 8:47 pm

borussenflut wrote:
Have you seen at their homepape the whole links to TV-news, radio- and  newspapers ?
They all speak and wrote about croatcoin and I think, if the catalan people decide that they want the coin, they do that because they are very proud for their country.
In Europe in the past Austria or Lichtenstein today have no problems to stand without EU or Euro.

@Traden4Alpha You spoke about a solid banking system, I am from Germany and since three years something has changed, If I want 10.000 Euro from my own money at my bank,
I must say it to my bank 7 days before I want to take my money. In 1995 I went to my bank and took 200.000 Euro with no waiting Problems.

I, I can't get these memories out of my mind
And some kind of madness has started to evolve
I, I tried so hard to let you go
But some kind of madness is swallowing me whole, yeah
I have finally seen the light
And I have finally realized
What you mean
Oh oh oh

Paul

March 4th, 2018, 10:07 pm

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely..
(Not for very much longer)
I've got to keep croatcoin...

ppauper

March 4th, 2018, 10:16 pm

borussenflut wrote:

and the next time there's a banking crisis, you're going to get a haircut (the old name) or bail-in (which seems to be the current name) and lose a substantial chunk of your savings. 10%? 20%? 30%?

Paul

March 4th, 2018, 10:19 pm

He never said the 200k was his money. A shotgun and a clown mask can ease any transaction.

Cuchulainn

March 5th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Paul wrote:
He never said the 200k was his money. A shotgun and a clown mask can ease any transaction.

Even sadder, his first post is a bit like an advertorial. What's he selling, really?

Paul

March 5th, 2018, 3:00 pm

I don't know. We sometimes let these people try to sell their wares here because a) they can be entertaining during the long, cold winter nights and b) I assume no one here will fall for anything dodgy.

Traden4Alpha

March 5th, 2018, 3:25 pm

borussenflut wrote:

LOL! And due to capacity constraints, owners of BitCoin sometimes have to wait 3 days if they want even the tiniest fraction of their money out. I doubt Croat can every beat the Visa network (or plain old cash) on speed of settlement. All that nonsense of distributed ledgers and miners makes cryptocurrencies suck as a medium of exchange.

What mechanisms does the Croat have to ensure it's price never changes quickly?

tagoma

March 12th, 2018, 4:27 pm

borussenflut wrote:

As a gentle reminder, the euro came into existence in 1999.
BTW, A cryptocurrency is probably the worst thing that Catalonia would experience since they prohibited nudity in the streets of Barcelona.

ISayMoo

April 6th, 2018, 10:29 pm

So that's why I got arrested in La Rambla!
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...