SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Grig
Topic Author

Factor investing - Momentum, Reversal, Value

April 10th, 2017, 11:14 am

Dear All,
I'm not active on the forum (I hope to become one pretty soon). I'm looking for references on research on Factor investing mostly on Value, Reversal and Momentum. How are they actually computed, backtesting, literature...
Are any topics open on this? Can you please help?

Thanks,
Regards,
Dragos

Hansi

Re: Factor investing - Momentum, Reversal, Value

April 10th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Start here: 

Move to the references. Move onward from there.

Grig
Topic Author

April 10th, 2017, 2:25 pm

Hi Hansi,
I'm familiar with the concept and several risk models in the market such as Barra and Aladdin. I was thinking whether there is a thread with a more indebt analysis on exploiting the market inefficiency on this factors or a review of academic literature on results.
My aim is to check whether my multi asset trading algo based purely technical analysis and carry can be improved by adding these factors as inputs. As I don't want to reinvent the wheel I thought I can find some useful information here. 

Hansi

April 10th, 2017, 6:13 pm

I fear that threads like that aren't common on here, most of that stuff people just keep to themselves either because they are profiting from it or are bound to non-disclosure since the IP is their employers.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On