Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

nuclph
Topic Author

GPCM Natural Gas Market Forecasting System

August 26th, 2009, 1:38 pm

I would be glad to hear any opinion about GPCM model. It seems to me that it is quite old system and not much progress were done for the last 10 years. http://rbac.com/{at least what I see from the web site.}The model originally written within a Ph.D thesis by Dr. Robert E. Brooks , MIT 1975.Is anybody have experience with it?Thank you,nuclph.

cyrusb

Re: GPCM Natural Gas Market Forecasting System

December 12th, 2022, 10:17 pm

I saw the old question and thought others might like to know, so I can answer it with references. The GPCM model has been updated. The model itself is continually updated and calibrated historically every quarter. 

Here is a good example of it's use on the University of Texas website: The Future of Unconventional Natural Gas Resources: A New Path Forward (utexas.edu)

GPCM has it's own page here: GPCM Market Simulator for North American Gas and LNG - RBAC Inc. and social media page here: (8) GPCM® Market Simulator for North American Gas and LNG™: Overview | LinkedIn.

GPCM led to a global model being created called G2M2 which was first alluded to at the IAEE international conference in Baku, Putin Knew - RBAC Inc.

Alan

Re: GPCM Natural Gas Market Forecasting System

December 13th, 2022, 5:18 pm

It's a good follow-up, and definitely wins the forum award for "longest delay where an unanswered post gets answered" (13+ years)!    :D