SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

kelang
Topic Author

XCCY swap valuation under CSA...

February 24th, 2012, 4:04 am

Hi All,Just a quick question about the xccy swap valuation under CSA:Say we have an at-the-money USD/DOM xccy swap trade collateralized in USD. For the USD leg, it will be valuated with FF discounting curve and 3M forcasting curve. Then, the USD leg now has a non-zero PV, which will create some sort of "FX Position" on the book. Any comments on this?thanks

Jeriot

February 28th, 2012, 12:48 pm

What sort of comments are you looking for? Why would there be a difference in valuation whether the swap is traded under a CSA or not?

kelang
Topic Author

February 28th, 2012, 1:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: JeriotWhat sort of comments are you looking for? Why would there be a difference in valuation whether the swap is traded under a CSA or not?There is no problem while changing from Libor discounting to OIS discounting. We can make the valuation consistent. However, when you valuate a cross-curreny trade (say USD/DOM), the USD leg is not at par anymore which makes me a little bit uncomfortable because one has to manage the USD exposure on the book. I heard some place valuates the cross-currency trade depending on the moneyness, that is, the at-the-money part is valuated off the libor curve, while the left-over part is valuated off the OIS curve.Personally, I don't think that makes sense and it is like an ad-hoc treatment, however, just want to see if people on Wilmott have different opinions...thanks
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On