Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Amin
Topic Author

Re: Breakthrough in the theory of stochastic differential equations and their simulation

July 12th, 2021, 3:32 pm

Friends, I have tried to approach some people with the request for consulting work. And I am posting the same letter here for Wilmott audience if somebody would want to hire me for my expertise. I have written the following letter to 4-5 special people among my linkedin connections asking for the possibility of consulting work. So any friends here who could be interested can contact me at anan2999(at)yahoo(dot)com.  I am copying the letter here:

I am reaching out to you to explore the possibility of consulting work with your firm. This work could be about something you want to get done and it requires different and innovative thinking. It could possibly be the case that you have some challenging research ideas but it would not be obvious how to solve them or literature does not exist about their solution or your firm lacks the niche expertise to find the solution. If you like the idea of my doing such consulting work for you, please share your thoughts about things that need to be done and if the ideas lie within my area of expertise, I would love to devote time and energy to solve them for you.
In order to give an idea about my areas of expertise and to show that I can fulfill your expectations, I will cite some of my research work that I have done in past few years.
1. I found solution to the problem of high order monte carlo simulation of Stochastic differential equations and now you can easily do accurate monte carlo simulations to any order based on my work.
2. I found an approximate way to find the numerical solution of Fokker-Planck equation for SDEs in Bessel coordinates.
3. I suggested a new method to evolve and discretize the solution of SDEs on a transition probabilities grid. My method represents the next generation version of quantizers algorithm.
4. I suggested a new method to construct the densities that can match moments of any order to the density with precision. The method ensures that density is perfectly positive, completely normalized, and simultaneously matches all given moments. Now you would not need edgeworth expansions, Gram-Charlier or anything of the sort.
5. I gave a new analytic algorithm to find the solution of nth order ordinary differential equations and systems of arbitrary order ODEs.

I hope you like my research portfolio and so if you want something different and innovative to get done and you have some initial thoughts about it, please share with me and I would love to discuss my ideas with you.

Wishing you a good day.

Kind regards,
Ahsan Amin

Amin
Topic Author

Re: Breakthrough in the theory of stochastic differential equations and their simulation

July 13th, 2021, 3:48 pm

Friends, I have been able to evolve the densities of SDEs analytically without resorting to Fokker-Planck Equation. I construct a Z-grid similar to the grid we constructed for solution of FPE. But stochastic integrals are solved analytically with the same value of Z that is associated with each grid point. I solved these integrals analytically as I had been showing in some previous posts. Coefficients on these integrals are the same as Ito-Taylor coefficients that we also use for monte carlo simulations. In addition to all of this a correction term is added on top of analytic Ito-Taylor terms which is equal to second derivative of the Z-grid (d2wdZ2 is the notation we used for this derivative in previous programs) multiplied by time interval spacing dt or "delta t". I had been making attempts to solve for the densities of SDEs without resorting to FPE for years but it never worked and some problems always remained. however recently I had some new ideas and I used them to successfully solve for the evolution of densities. I really hope friends would like my program since it is a nice breakthrough and might open up ways for even simpler and novel methods to solve for the densities of SDEs. I will be sharing my programs as usual but please give me a day or two for writing comments and making my programs presentable after I have done some further experiments. 
Another good thing is that there are no instabilities in the middle of the density like we had when we solved for densities of SDEs using derivatives from Fokker-plank equation.

Amin
Topic Author

July 15th, 2021, 12:35 pm

Friends I am posting a few graphs of SDE densities from the new algorithm. It is faster, more accurate and simpler than the Fokker-planck algorithm I had earlier used several months ago. The new algorithm is accurate to just within a few basis points almost everywhere. Unlike previous FPE algorithm, I am sure we can carry this algorithm over to original coordinates and two dimensions as well.  In this post I am showing the graphs. In next post, I will attach the code and in the third post, I will explain the algorithm. Here are the graphs. The SDE parameters associated with every graph are given on title of each graph.

Last edited by Amin on July 15th, 2021, 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amin
Topic Author

July 15th, 2021, 12:41 pm

All of the above graphs have been made with the following program. All the function routines required to run the program have been posted earlier by me in the same thread.
function [] = FPERevisitedTransProb08ABwNew04()

%Copyright Ahsan Amin. Infiniti derivatives Technologies.
%Please fell free to connect on linkedin: linkedin.com/in/ahsan-amin-0a53334 
%or skype ahsan.amin2999
%In this program, I am simulating the SDE given as
%dy(t)=mu1 x(t)^beta1 dt + mu2 x(t)^beta2 dt +sigma x(t)^gamma dz(t)

%I have not directly simulated the SDE but simulated the transformed 
%Besse1l process version of the SDE and then changed coordinates to retreive
%the SDE in original coo
%rdinates.
%The present program will analytically evolve only the Bessel Process version of the
%SDE in transformed coordinates.

dt=.125/16/2/2;   % Simulation time interval.%Fodiffusions close to zero
             %decrease dt for accuracy.
Tt=128*2*2*2;     % Number of simulation levels. Terminal time= Tt*dt; //.125/32*32*16=2 year; 
T=Tt*dt;
OrderA=4;  %
OrderM=4;  %
dtM=dt*4*2*4;
TtM=Tt/4/2/4;

dNn=.2/1;   % Normal density subdivisions width. would change with number of subdivisions
Nn=50;  % No of normal density subdivisions
NnMidl=25;%One half density Subdivision left from mid of normal density(low)
NnMidh=26;%One half density subdivision right from the mid of normal density(high)
NnMid=4.0;

x0=.25;   % starting value of SDE
beta1=0.0;
beta2=1.0;   % Second drift term power.
gamma=.75;%50;   % volatility power.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
kappa=1.0;%.950;   %mean reversion parameter.
theta=.05;%mean reversion target
sigma0=.650;%Volatility value

%you can specify any general mu1 and mu2 and beta1 and beta2.
mu1=1*theta*kappa;   %first drift coefficient.
mu2=-1*kappa;    % Second drift coefficient.
%mu1=0;
%mu2=0;

alpha=1;% x^alpha is being expanded. This is currently for monte carlo only.
alpha1=1-gamma;%This is for expansion of integrals for calculation of drift 
%and volatility coefficients
yy(1:Nn)=x0;                
w(1:Nn)=x0^(1-gamma)/(1-gamma);

%Z(1:Nn)=(((1:Nn)-5.5)*dNn-NnMid);
Z(1:Nn)=(((1:Nn)-5.5)*dNn-NnMid);

Z
str=input('Look at Z');
ZProb(1)=normcdf(.5*Z(1)+.5*Z(2),0,1)-normcdf(.5*Z(1)+.5*Z(2)-dNn,0,1);
ZProb(Nn)=normcdf(.5*Z(Nn)+.5*Z(Nn-1)+dNn,0,1)-normcdf(.5*Z(Nn)+.5*Z(Nn-1),0,1);
ZProb(2:Nn-1)=normcdf(.5*Z(2:Nn-1)+.5*Z(3:Nn),0,1)-normcdf(.5*Z(2:Nn-1)+.5*Z(1:Nn-2),0,1);
    %Above calculate probability mass in each probability subdivision.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

sigma11(1:OrderA+1)=0;
mu11(1:OrderA+1)=0;
mu22(1:OrderA+1)=0;
sigma22(1:OrderA+1)=0;
% index 1 correponds to zero level since matlab indexing starts at one. 
sigma11(1)=1;
mu11(1)=1;
mu22(1)=1;
sigma22(1)=1;

for k=1:(OrderA+1)
    if sigma0~=0
        sigma11(k)=sigma0^(k-1);
    end
    if mu1 ~= 0
        mu11(k)=mu1^(k-1);
    end
    if mu2 ~= 0
        mu22(k)=mu2^(k-1);
    end
    if sigma0~=0
        sigma22(k)=sigma0^(2*(k-1));
    end
end
%Ft(1:TtM+1,1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0; %General time powers on hermite polynomials
Fp(1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0;%General x powers on coefficients of hermite polynomials.
Fp1(1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0;%General x powers for bessel transformed coordinates.

%YCoeff0 and YCoeff are coefficents for original coordinates monte carlo.
%YqCoeff0 and YqCoeff are bessel/lamperti version monte carlo.

YCoeff0(1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0;
YqCoeff0(1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0;
%Pre-compute the time and power exponent values in small multi-dimensional arrays
YCoeff = ItoTaylorCoeffsNew(alpha,beta1,beta2,gamma); %expand y^alpha where alpha=1;
YqCoeff = ItoTaylorCoeffsNew(alpha1,beta1,beta2,gamma);%expand y^alpha1 where alpha1=(1-gamma)
YqCoeff=YqCoeff/(1-gamma); %Transformed coordinates coefficients have to be 
%further divided by (1-gamma)

for k = 0 : (OrderA)
    for m = 0:k
        l4 = k - m + 1;
        for n = 0 : m
            l3 = m - n + 1;
            for j = 0:n
                l2 = n - j + 1;
                l1 = j + 1;
                %Ft(l1,l2,l3,l4) = dtM^((l1-1) + (l2-1) + (l3-1) + .5* (l4-1));
                Fp(l1,l2,l3,l4) = (alpha + (l1-1) * beta1 + (l2-1) * beta2 + (l3-1) * 2* gamma + (l4-1) * gamma ...
                    - (l1-1) - (l2-1) - 2* (l3-1) - (l4-1));
                Fp1(l1,l2,l3,l4) = (alpha1 + (l1-1) * beta1 + (l2-1) * beta2 + (l3-1) * 2* gamma + (l4-1) * gamma ...

YCoeff0(l1,l2,l3,l4) =YCoeff(l1,l2,l3,l4).*mu11(l1).*mu22(l2).*sigma22(l3).*sigma11(l4);
                YqCoeff0(l1,l2,l3,l4) =YqCoeff(l1,l2,l3,l4).*mu11(l1).*mu22(l2).*sigma22(l3).*sigma11(l4);
            end
        end
    end
end

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

wnStart=1;%
tic

Zt1(wnStart:Nn)=0.0;
Zt2(wnStart:Nn)=0.0;
for tt=1:Tt  

[wMu0dt,dwMu0dtdw,c1] = CalculateDriftAndVolA4(w,wnStart,Nn,YqCoeff0,Fp1,gamma,dt);

[wMid] = InterpolateOrderN8(8,0,Z(NnMidl-3),Z(NnMidl-2),Z(NnMidl-1),Z(NnMidl),Z(NnMidh),Z(NnMidh+1),Z(NnMidh+2),Z(NnMidh+3),w(NnMidl-3),w(NnMidl-2),w(NnMidl-1),w(NnMidl),w(NnMidh),w(NnMidh+1),w(NnMidh+2),w(NnMidh+3));

Zt1(wnStart:Nn)=w(wnStart:Nn)-wMid;

[dwdZ,d2wdZ2A,d3wdZ3A] = First3Derivatives2ndOrderEqSpacedA(wnStart,Nn,dNn,Zt1,Z);

C0(wnStart:Nn)=Zt1(wnStart:Nn)-dwdZ(wnStart:Nn).*Z(wnStart:Nn);

Zt2(wnStart:Nn)=C0(wnStart:Nn)+abs(sqrt((dwdZ(wnStart:Nn)).^2+sigma0^2*dt)).*Z(wnStart:Nn);

if(tt>20)
        w(wnStart:Nn)=w(wnStart:Nn)+ ...
            wMu0dt(wnStart:Nn)+Zt2(wnStart:Nn)-Zt1(wnStart:Nn)+ ...
            .5*sigma0^2*dwdZ(wnStart:Nn).^(-2).*d2wdZ2A(wnStart:Nn).*dt;%+ ...    
    else
            wMu0dt(wnStart:Nn)+Zt2(wnStart:Nn)-Zt1(wnStart:Nn);%+ ... 
    end
    %yy(wnStart:Nn)=((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(1/(1-gamma));

[wE] = InterpolateOrderN6(6,Z(Nn)+dNn,Z(Nn),Z(Nn-1),Z(Nn-2),Z(Nn-3),Z(Nn-4),Z(Nn-5),w(Nn),w(Nn-1),w(Nn-2),w(Nn-3),w(Nn-4),w(Nn-5));

w1(1:Nn-1)=w(1:Nn-1);
     w1(Nn)=w(Nn);
     w2(1:Nn-1)=w(2:Nn);
     w2(Nn)=wE;          
     w(w1(:)>w2(:))=0;%Be careful;might not universally hold;
      %Change 3:7/25/2020: I have improved zero correction in above.
     w(w<0)=0.0;
     for nn=1:Nn
         if(w(nn)<=0)
            wnStart=nn+1;
         end
     end

end
yy(wnStart:Nn)=((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(1/(1-gamma));
Dfyy(wnStart:Nn)=0;
for nn=wnStart+1:Nn-1

Dfyy(nn) = (yy(nn + 1) - yy(nn - 1))/(Z(nn + 1) - Z(nn - 1));
    %Change of variable derivative for densities
end

pyy(1:Nn)=0;
for nn = wnStart:Nn-1

pyy(nn) = (normpdf(Z(nn),0, 1))/abs(Dfyy(nn));
end

toc

ItoHermiteMean=sum(yy(wnStart+1:Nn-1).*ZProb(wnStart+1:Nn-1)) %Original process average from coordinates 
disp('true Mean only applicable to standard SV mean reverting type models otherwise disregard');
TrueMean=theta+(x0-theta)*exp(-kappa*dt*Tt)%Mean reverting SDE original variable true average

theta1=1;
rng(29079137, 'twister')
paths=200000;
YY(1:paths)=x0;  %Original process monte carlo.
Random1(1:paths)=0;
for tt=1:TtM

Random1=randn(size(Random1));
    HermiteP1(1,1:paths)=1;
    HermiteP1(2,1:paths)=Random1(1:paths);
    HermiteP1(3,1:paths)=Random1(1:paths).^2-1;
    HermiteP1(4,1:paths)=Random1(1:paths).^3-3*Random1(1:paths);
    HermiteP1(5,1:paths)=Random1(1:paths).^4-6*Random1(1:paths).^2+3;

YY(1:paths)=YY(1:paths) + ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,2,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,2,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,2,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,2,1,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,1,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,1,1,1))*dtM + ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,3,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,3,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,2,2,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,2,2,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,1,2,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,1,2,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,3,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,3,1,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,2,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,2,1,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(3,1,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(3,1,1,1))*dtM^2 + ...
        ((YCoeff0(1,1,1,2).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,1,2).*sqrt(dtM))+ ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,2,2).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,2,2)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,2,1,2).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,2,1,2)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,1,1,2).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,1,1,2)).*dtM^1.5) .*HermiteP1(2,1:paths) + ...
        ((YCoeff0(1,1,1,3).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,1,3) *dtM) + ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,2,3).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,2,3)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,2,1,3).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,2,1,3)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,1,1,3).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,1,1,3)).*dtM^2).*HermiteP1(3,1:paths) + ...
        ((YCoeff0(1,1,1,4).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,1,4)*dtM^1.5 )).*HermiteP1(4,1:paths) + ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,1,5).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,1,5)*dtM^2.0).*HermiteP1(5,1:paths);

end

YY(YY<0)=0;
disp('Original process average from monte carlo');
MCMean=sum(YY(:))/paths %origianl coordinates monte carlo average.
disp('Original process average from our simulation');
ItoHermiteMean=sum(yy(wnStart+1:Nn-1).*ZProb(wnStart+1:Nn-1)) %Original process average from coordinates 

disp('true Mean only applicble to standard SV mean reverting type models otherwise disregard');
TrueMean=theta+(x0-theta)*exp(-kappa*dt*Tt)%Mean reverting SDE original variable true average

MaxCutOff=30;
NoOfBins=round(300*gamma^2*4*sigma0/sqrt(MCMean)/(1+kappa));%Decrease the number of bins if the graph is too 
[YDensity,IndexOutY,IndexMaxY] = MakeDensityFromSimulation_Infiniti_NEW(YY,paths,NoOfBins,MaxCutOff );
plot(yy(wnStart+1:Nn-1),pyy(wnStart+1:Nn-1),'r',IndexOutY(1:IndexMaxY),YDensity(1:IndexMaxY),'g');
 %plot(y_w(wnStart+1:Nn-1),fy_w(wnStart+1:Nn-1),'r',IndexOutY(1:IndexMaxY),YDensity(1:IndexMaxY),'g',Z(wnStart+1:Nn-1),fy_w(wnStart+1:Nn-1),'b');

title(sprintf('x0 = %.4f,theta=%.3f,kappa=%.2f,gamma=%.3f,sigma=%.2f,T=%.2f,dt=%.5f,M=%.4f,TM=%.4f', x0,theta,kappa,gamma,sigma0,T,dt,ItoHermiteMean,TrueMean));%,sprintf('theta= %f', theta), sprintf('kappa = %f', kappa),sprintf('sigma = %f', sigma0),sprintf('T = %f', T));

legend({'Ito-Hermite Density','Monte Carlo Density'},'Location','northeast')

str=input('red line is density of SDE from Ito-Hermite method, green is monte carlo.');

end

Here is the final output from the program. And graph associated with this output is the last graph in previous post with a mean of 772 bp.

ItoHermiteMean =
true Mean only applicble to standard SV mean reverting type models otherwise disregard
TrueMean =
IndexMax =
red line is density of SDE from Ito-Hermite method, green is monte carlo.

Amin
Topic Author

July 15th, 2021, 12:52 pm

I will explain the algorithm in the next post but just a few remarks. It seems that Bessel coordinates expansion is great for volatility coefficient gamma greater than .75 and original coordinates are better for gamma smaller than .75. Though original coordinates are far more stable for large step sizes. Friends would see that some graphs close to zero have been truncated but this problem would go away in original coordinates especially for coefficients smaller than .75 that will smoothly go to zero in original coordinates. I will later post a new version of the program in original coordinates but I am sure once I explain the algorithm for the program in previous post, friends would easily do that on their own.

Amin
Topic Author

July 15th, 2021, 1:06 pm

In order for friends to avoid searching for sub-functions of the above program in previous posts, I am attaching them here. (Explanation of the program will follow in a few hours.)
function [Y] = ItoTaylorCoeffsNew(alpha,beta1,beta2,gamma)

%In the coefficient calculation program which calculates Y(l1,l2,l3,l4), 
%I have used four levels of looping each for relevant expansion order. 
%The first loop takes four values and second loop takes 16 values and 
%third loop takes 64 values and so on. And then each coefficient 
%term can be individually calculated while carefully accounting 
%for path dependence. 
%So for example in a nested loop structure 
%m1= 1:mDim
% m2=1:mDim
% m3=1:mDim
%    l(m1)=l(m1)+1;
%    l(m2)=l(m2)+1;
%    l(m3)=l(m3)+1;

%in the above looping loop takes values from one to four with one 
%indicating the first drift term, two indicating the second drift term 
%and three indicating quadratic variation term and 
%four indicating the volatility term. And with this looping structure 
%we can So in the above looping m1=1 would mean that all terms are 
%descendent of first drift term and m2=4 would mean that all terms are 
%descendent of first drift term on first expansion order and descendent 
%of volatility term on the second order and so we can keep track of path 
%dependence perfectly. 
%And on each level, we individually calculate the descendent terms. While 
%keeping track of path dependence and calculating the coefficients with 
%careful path dependence consideration, we update the appropriate element 
%in our polynomial like expansion coefficient array 

%explaining the part of code
%m1= 1:mDim
% m2=1:mDim
% m3=1:mDim
%    l(m1)=l(m1)+1;
%    l(m2)=l(m2)+1;
%    l(m3)=l(m3)+1;
%Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,1,2);

%Here l(1) denotes l1 but written as l(1) so it can be conveniently 
%updated with the loop variable when the loop variable takes value one 
%indicating first drift term . And l(2) could be conveniently updated when 
%the loop variable takes value equal to two indicating second 
%drift term and so on.
%Here is the part of code snippet for that

%for m1=1:mDim
%    l(1)=1;
%    l(2)=1;
%    l(3)=1;
%    l(4)=1;
%    l(m1)=l(m1)+1;
%CoeffDX1 = alpha + (l(1)-1) *beta1 + (l(2)-1) *beta2 + (l(3)-1) *2*gamma + (l(4)-1)*gamma - (l(1)-1) - (l(2)-1) - 2*(l(3)-1) - (l(4)-1);
%    CoeffDX2 = CoeffDX1 - 1;
%    ArrIndex0=m1;
%    ArrIndex=(m1-1)*mDim;
%    Coeff1st=Y1(ArrIndex0)*CoeffDX1;
%    Coeff2nd=Y1(ArrIndex0)*.5*CoeffDX1*CoeffDX2;
%    Y2(1+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
%    Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,2,n1(m1));
%    Y2(2+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
%    Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,2,n1(m1));
%    Y2(3+ArrIndex)=Coeff2nd;
%    Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))+Coeff2nd*IntegralCoeff(1,1,2,n1(m1));
%    Y2(4+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
%    Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,3,n1(m1));

%The first four lines update the array indices according to the parent term. 
%And then CoeffDX1 and CoeffDX2 are calculated according to algebraic exponents on parent terms.    
%ArrIndex0=m1; calculates the array index of the parent term 
%And ArrIndex=(m1-1)*mDim; calculates the array index of the descendent terms
%And coefficient of the drift and volatility descendent terms is 
%calculated by multiplying the coefficient of the parent term by 
%Coeff1st=Y1(ArrIndex0)*CoeffDX1;
%And coefficient of the quadratic variation descendent terms is 
%calculated by multiplying the coefficient of the parent term by 
%Coeff2nd=Y1(ArrIndex0)*.5*CoeffDX1*CoeffDX2;
%And then each of the four descendent terms are updated with Coeff1st 
%if they are drift or volatility descendent terms or Coeff2nd if 
%they are quadratic variation descendent terms.
%Here Y1 indicates the temporary coefficient array with parent terms on 
%first level. And Y2 denotes temporary coefficient array with parent terms 
%on second level and Y3 indicates temporary coefficient array with parent terms on third level.

[IntegralCoeff,IntegralCoeffdt,IntegralCoeffdz] = ComputeIntegralCoeffs();

n1(1)=2;
n1(2)=2;
n1(3)=2;
n1(4)=3;
%n1(1), n1(2), n1(3) are drift and quadratic variation term variables 
%and take a value equal to 2 indicating a dt integral.
%n1(4) is volatility term variable and indicates a dz-integral by taking a
%value of 3. 

mDim=4; % four descendent terms in each expansion
Y(1:5,1:5,1:5,1:5)=0;
Y1(1:mDim)=0;
Y2(1:mDim*mDim)=0;
Y3(1:mDim*mDim*mDim)=0;

%First Ito-hermite expansion level starts here. No loops but four
%descendent terms.
l(1)=1;
l(2)=1;
l(3)=1;
l(4)=1;
CoeffDX1 = alpha;
CoeffDX2 = CoeffDX1 - 1;
Coeff1st=CoeffDX1;
Coeff2nd=.5*CoeffDX1*CoeffDX2;

Y1(1)=Coeff1st;
Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,1,2);
Y1(2)=Coeff1st;
Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,1,2);
Y1(3)=Coeff2nd;
Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))+Coeff2nd*IntegralCoeff(1,1,1,2);
Y1(4)=Coeff1st;
Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,1,3);

%Second Ito-hermite expansion level starts. It has a loop over four parent
%terms and there are four descendent terms for each parent term.
%The coefficient terms are then lumped in a polynomial-like expansion
%array of coefficients.
for m1=1:mDim
    l(1)=1;
    l(2)=1;
    l(3)=1;
    l(4)=1;
    l(m1)=l(m1)+1;
    CoeffDX1 = alpha + (l(1)-1) *beta1 + (l(2)-1) *beta2 + (l(3)-1) *2*gamma + (l(4)-1)*gamma ...
                        - (l(1)-1) - (l(2)-1) - 2*(l(3)-1) - (l(4)-1);
    CoeffDX2 = CoeffDX1 - 1;
    ArrIndex0=m1;
    ArrIndex=(m1-1)*mDim;
    Coeff1st=Y1(ArrIndex0)*CoeffDX1;
    Coeff2nd=Y1(ArrIndex0)*.5*CoeffDX1*CoeffDX2;
    Y2(1+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
    Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,2,n1(m1));
    Y2(2+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
    Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,2,n1(m1));
    Y2(3+ArrIndex)=Coeff2nd;
    Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))+Coeff2nd*IntegralCoeff(1,1,2,n1(m1));
    Y2(4+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
    Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,1,3,n1(m1));
    %Third Ito-hermite expansion level starts and it is a nested loop with
    %a total of sixteen parents and each parent takes four descendent
    %terms.
    for m2=1:mDim
        l(1)=1;
        l(2)=1;
        l(3)=1;
        l(4)=1;
        l(m1)=l(m1)+1;
        l(m2)=l(m2)+1;
        CoeffDX1 = alpha + (l(1)-1) *beta1 + (l(2)-1) *beta2 + (l(3)-1) *2*gamma + (l(4)-1)*gamma ...
        CoeffDX2=CoeffDX1-1;            
        ArrIndex0=(m1-1)*mDim+m2;
        ArrIndex=((m1-1)*mDim+(m2-1))*mDim;
        Coeff1st=Y2(ArrIndex0)*CoeffDX1;
        Coeff2nd=Y2(ArrIndex0)*.5*CoeffDX1*CoeffDX2;
        Y3(1+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
        Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,2,n1(m2),n1(m1));
        Y3(2+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
        Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,2,n1(m2),n1(m1));
        Y3(3+ArrIndex)=Coeff2nd;
        Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))+Coeff2nd*IntegralCoeff(1,2,n1(m2),n1(m1));
        Y3(4+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
        Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(1,3,n1(m2),n1(m1));
        %fourht Ito-hermite expansion level starts and it is a triply-nested loop with
        %a total of sixteen parents and each parent takes four descendent
        %terms. We then lump the terms in a relatively sparse polynomial 
        %like expansion coefficient array that has smaller number of
        %non-zero terms.

for m3=1:mDim
            l(1)=1;
            l(2)=1;
            l(3)=1;
            l(4)=1;
            l(m1)=l(m1)+1;
            l(m2)=l(m2)+1;
            l(m3)=l(m3)+1;
            CoeffDX2=CoeffDX1-1;
            ArrIndex0=((m1-1)*mDim+(m2-1))*mDim+m3;
            %ArrIndex=(((m1-1)*mDim+(m2-1))*mDim+(m3-1))*mDim;
            Coeff1st=Y3(ArrIndex0)*CoeffDX1;
            Coeff2nd=Y3(ArrIndex0)*.5*CoeffDX1*CoeffDX2;
            %Y4(1+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
            Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1)+1,l(2),l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(2,n1(m3),n1(m2),n1(m1));
            %Y4(2+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
            Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2)+1,l(3),l(4))+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(2,n1(m3),n1(m2),n1(m1));
            %Y4(3+ArrIndex)=Coeff2nd;
            Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3)+1,l(4))+Coeff2nd*IntegralCoeff(2,n1(m3),n1(m2),n1(m1));
            %Y4(4+ArrIndex)=Coeff1st;
            Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)=Y(l(1),l(2),l(3),l(4)+1)+Coeff1st*IntegralCoeff(3,n1(m3),n1(m2),n1(m1));
         end
    end
end

end
function [IntegralCoeff0,IntegralCoeffdt,IntegralCoeffdz] = ComputeIntegralCoeffs()

IntegralCoeff(1:3,1:3,1:3,1:3)=0;
IntegralCoeffdt(1:3,1:3,1:3,1:3)=0;
IntegralCoeffdz(1:3,1:3,1:3,1:3)=0;

IntegralCoeff0(1:3,1:3,1:3,1:3)=0;

IntegralCoeff0(1,1,1,2)=1;
IntegralCoeff0(1,1,1,3)=1;

IntegralCoeff0(1,1,2,2)=1/2;
IntegralCoeff0(1,1,3,2)=1-1/sqrt(3);
IntegralCoeff0(1,1,2,3)=1/sqrt(3);
IntegralCoeff0(1,1,3,3)=1/2;

IntegralCoeff0(1,2,2,2)=1/6;
IntegralCoeff0(1,3,2,2)=(1-1/sqrt(3))*1/2*(1-1/sqrt(5));
IntegralCoeff0(1,2,3,2)=1/sqrt(3)/2*(1-1/sqrt(5));
IntegralCoeff0(1,3,3,2)=1/2*(1-sqrt(2)/2);
IntegralCoeff0(1,2,2,3)=1/2*1/sqrt(5);
IntegralCoeff0(1,3,2,3)=(1-1/sqrt(3))*1/sqrt(2)*1/2;
IntegralCoeff0(1,2,3,3)=1/sqrt(3)/sqrt(2)*1/(2);
IntegralCoeff0(1,3,3,3)=1/6;

IntegralCoeff0(2,2,2,2)=1/24;
IntegralCoeff0(2,2,3,2)=1/2*1/sqrt(5)*1/3*(1-1/sqrt(7));
IntegralCoeff0(2,3,2,2)=1/sqrt(3)*1/2*(1-1/sqrt(5))*1/3*(1-1/sqrt(7));
IntegralCoeff0(3,2,2,2)=(1-1/sqrt(3))*1/2*(1-1/sqrt(5))*1/3*(1-1/sqrt(7));
IntegralCoeff0(3,3,2,2)=1/2*(1-sqrt(2)/2)*1/2*(1-sqrt(2)/sqrt(6));
IntegralCoeff0(2,3,3,2)=1/sqrt(3)*1/sqrt(2)*1/2*1/2*(1-sqrt(2)/sqrt(6));
IntegralCoeff0(3,2,3,2)=(1-1/sqrt(3))*1/sqrt(2)*1/2*1/2*(1-sqrt(2)/sqrt(6));
IntegralCoeff0(3,3,3,2)=1/6*(1-sqrt(3)/sqrt(5));

IntegralCoeff0(2,2,2,3)=1/6*1/sqrt(7);
IntegralCoeff0(2,2,3,3)=1/2*1/sqrt(5)*1/sqrt(2)*1/sqrt(6);
IntegralCoeff0(2,3,2,3)=1/sqrt(3)*1/2*(1-1/sqrt(5))*1/sqrt(2)*1/sqrt(6);
IntegralCoeff0(3,2,2,3)=(1-1/sqrt(3))*1/2*(1-1/sqrt(5))*1/sqrt(2)*1/sqrt(6);
IntegralCoeff0(3,3,2,3)=1/2*(1-sqrt(2)/2)*1/sqrt(3)*1/sqrt(5);
IntegralCoeff0(2,3,3,3)=1/sqrt(3)*1/sqrt(2)*1/sqrt(4)*1/sqrt(3)*(1/sqrt(5));
IntegralCoeff0(3,2,3,3)=(1-1/sqrt(3))*1/sqrt(2)*1/2*1/sqrt(3)*1/sqrt(5);
IntegralCoeff0(3,3,3,3)=1/24;

%Can also be calculated with algorithm below.
%here IntegralCoeffdt indicates the coefficients of a dt-integral.
%This dt-integral means that you are calculating the Ito-hermite expansion
%of  Integral X(t)^alpha dt with X(t) dynamics given by the SDE 
%here IntegralCoeffdz indicates the coefficients of a dz-integral.
%This dz-integral means that you are calculating the Ito-hermite expansion
%of  Integral X(t)^alpha dz(t) with X(t) dynamics given by the SDE 

%IntegralCoeff is is associated with expansion of X(t)^alpha.
%IntegralCoeff below is not returned and IntegralCoeff0 manually calculated
%above is returned but both are the same.

l0(1:2)=1;

for m4=1:2
    l0(1)=1;
    l0(2)=1;

%IntegralCoeff4(m4,1,1,1)=1;
    %IntegralCoeff4(m4,1,1,1)=1;
    %1 is added to m4 since index 1 stands for zero, 2 for one and three
    %for two.
    IntegralCoeff(1,1,1,m4+1)=1;
    l0(m4)=l0(m4)+1;
    IntegralCoeffdt(1,1,1,m4+1)=IntegralCoeff(1,1,1,m4+1)* ...
        1/(l0(1)-1+1)*(1-sqrt(l0(2)-1)/sqrt(2*(l0(1)-1)+(l0(2)-1)+2));
    IntegralCoeffdz(1,1,1,m4+1)= IntegralCoeff(1,1,1,m4+1)* ...
        1/sqrt(l0(2)-1+1)/sqrt(2*(l0(1)-1)+(l0(2)-1)+1);
    for m3=1:2
        l0(1)=1;
        l0(2)=1;
        l0(m4)=l0(m4)+1;

if(m3==1)
            IntegralCoeff(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)=1/(l0(1)-1+1)*(1-sqrt(l0(2)-1)/sqrt(2*(l0(1)-1)+(l0(2)-1)+2));
        end
        if(m3==2)
            IntegralCoeff(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)= 1/sqrt(l0(2)-1+1)/sqrt(2*(l0(1)-1)+(l0(2)-1)+1);
        end
        l0(m3)=l0(m3)+1;
        %IntegralCoeff(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)=IntegralCoeff4(m4,m3,1,1);
        IntegralCoeffdt(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)=IntegralCoeff(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)* ...
        IntegralCoeffdz(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)= IntegralCoeff(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)* ...
        for m2=1:2
            l0(1)=1;
            l0(2)=1;
            l0(m4)=l0(m4)+1;
            l0(m3)=l0(m3)+1;

if(m2==1)
                IntegralCoeff(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)=IntegralCoeff(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)*1/(l0(1)-1+1)*(1-sqrt(l0(2)-1)/sqrt(2*(l0(1)-1)+(l0(2)-1)+2));
            end
            if(m2==2)
                IntegralCoeff(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)= IntegralCoeff(1,1,m4+1,m3+1)*1/sqrt(l0(2)-1+1)/sqrt(2*(l0(1)-1)+(l0(2)-1)+1);
            end
            l0(m2)=l0(m2)+1;
            %IntegralCoeff(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)=IntegralCoeff4(m4,m3,m2,1);
            IntegralCoeffdt(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)=IntegralCoeff(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)* ...
            IntegralCoeffdz(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)= IntegralCoeff(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)* ...

for m1=1:2
                l0(1)=1;
                l0(2)=1;
                l0(m4)=l0(m4)+1;
                l0(m3)=l0(m3)+1;
                l0(m2)=l0(m2)+1;
                if(m1==1)
                    IntegralCoeff(m4+1,m3+1,m2+1,m1+1)=IntegralCoeff(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)*1/(l0(1)-1+1)*(1-sqrt(l0(2)-1)/sqrt(2*(l0(1)-1)+(l0(2)-1)+2));
                end
                if(m1==2)
                    IntegralCoeff(m4+1,m3+1,m2+1,m1+1)= IntegralCoeff(1,m4+1,m3+1,m2+1)*1/sqrt(l0(2)-1+1)/sqrt(2*(l0(1)-1)+(l0(2)-1)+1);
                end
                l0(m1)=l0(m1)+1;
                %IntegralCoeff(m4+1,m3+1,m2+1,m1+1)=IntegralCoeff4(m4,m3,m2,m1);
                IntegralCoeffdt(m4+1,m3+1,m2+1,m1+1)=IntegralCoeff(m4+1,m3+1,m2+1,m1+1)* ...
                IntegralCoeffdz(m4+1,m3+1,m2+1,m1+1)= IntegralCoeff(m4+1,m3+1,m2+1,m1+1)* ...
            end
        end
    end
end

end
function [wMu0dt,dwMu0dtdw,c1] = CalculateDriftAndVolA4(w,wnStart,Nn,YqCoeff0,Fp1,gamma,dt)

yy(wnStart:Nn)=((1-gamma)*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(1/(1-gamma));

Fp2=Fp1/(1-gamma);

wMu0dt(wnStart:Nn)=(YqCoeff0(1,1,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,1,2,1)+ ...
    YqCoeff0(1,2,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,2,1,1)+ ...
    YqCoeff0(2,1,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,1,1,1))*dt + ...
    (YqCoeff0(1,1,3,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,1,3,1)+ ...
    YqCoeff0(1,2,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,2,2,1)+ ...
    YqCoeff0(2,1,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,1,2,1)+ ...
    YqCoeff0(1,3,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,3,1,1)+ ...
    YqCoeff0(2,2,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,2,1,1)+ ...
    YqCoeff0(3,1,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(3,1,1,1))*dt^2;% + ...
%     (YqCoeff0(1,1,4,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,1,4,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(1,2,3,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,2,3,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(2,1,3,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,1,3,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(1,3,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,3,2,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(2,2,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,2,2,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(3,1,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(3,1,2,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(1,4,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,4,1,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(2,3,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,3,1,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(3,2,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(3,2,1,1)+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(4,1,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(4,1,1,1))*dt^3;%+ ...
%     (YqCoeff0(1,1,5,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,1,5,1)+ ...
%      YqCoeff0(1,2,4,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,2,4,1)+ ...
%      YqCoeff0(2,1,4,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,1,4,1)+ ...
%      YqCoeff0(2,1,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,1,1,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(2,2,3,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,2,3,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(3,1,3,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(3,1,3,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(1,4,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,4,2,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(2,3,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,3,2,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(3,2,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(3,2,2,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(4,1,2,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(4,1,2,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(1,5,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,5,1,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(2,4,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,4,1,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(3,3,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(3,3,1,1)+  ...
%       YqCoeff0(4,2,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(4,2,1,1)+ ...
%       YqCoeff0(5,1,1,1).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(5,1,1,1))*dt^4;

dwMu0dtdw(wnStart:Nn)=(YqCoeff0(1,1,2,1).*Fp1(1,1,2,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,1,2,1))+ ...
    YqCoeff0(1,2,1,1).*Fp1(1,2,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,2,1,1))+ ...
    YqCoeff0(2,1,1,1).*Fp1(2,1,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(2,1,1,1)))*dt + ...
    (YqCoeff0(1,1,3,1).*Fp1(1,1,3,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,1,3,1))+ ...
    YqCoeff0(1,2,2,1).*Fp1(1,2,2,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,2,2,1))+ ...
    YqCoeff0(2,1,2,1).*Fp1(2,1,2,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(2,1,2,1))+ ...
    YqCoeff0(1,3,1,1).*Fp1(1,3,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,3,1,1))+ ...
    YqCoeff0(2,2,1,1).*Fp1(2,2,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(2,2,1,1))+ ...
    YqCoeff0(3,1,1,1).*Fp1(3,1,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(3,1,1,1)))*dt^2;% + ...
%     (YqCoeff0(1,1,4,1).*Fp1(1,1,4,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,1,4,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(1,2,3,1).*Fp1(1,2,3,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,2,3,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(2,1,3,1).*Fp1(2,1,3,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(2,1,3,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(1,3,2,1).*Fp1(1,3,2,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,3,2,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(2,2,2,1).*Fp1(2,2,2,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(2,2,2,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(3,1,2,1).*Fp1(3,1,2,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(3,1,2,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(1,4,1,1).*Fp1(1,4,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(1,4,1,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(2,3,1,1).*Fp1(2,3,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(2,3,1,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(3,2,1,1).*Fp1(3,2,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(3,2,1,1))+ ...
%     YqCoeff0(4,1,1,1).*Fp1(4,1,1,1).*((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(-1+Fp2(4,1,1,1)))*dt^3;

c1(wnStart:Nn)=YqCoeff0(1,1,1,2).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,1,1,2).*sqrt(dt)+ ...
    (YqCoeff0(1,1,2,2).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,1,2,2)+YqCoeff0(1,2,1,2).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(1,2,1,2)+ ...
    YqCoeff0(2,1,1,2).*yy(wnStart:Nn).^Fp1(2,1,1,2)).*dt^1.5;%+ ...

end
function [y0] = InterpolateOrderN8(N,x0,x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6,x7,x8,y1,y2,y3,y4,y5,y6,y7,y8)

if(N==8)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7).*(x0-x8)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3).*(x1-x4).*(x1-x5).*(x1-x6).*(x1-x7).*(x1-x8)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7).*(x0-x8)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3).*(x2-x4).*(x2-x5).*(x2-x6).*(x2-x7).*(x2-x8)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7).*(x0-x8)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2).*(x3-x4).*(x3-x5).*(x3-x6).*(x3-x7).*(x3-x8)).*y3+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7).*(x0-x8)./((x4-x1).*(x4-x2).*(x4-x3).*(x4-x5).*(x4-x6).*(x4-x7).*(x4-x8)).*y4+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7).*(x0-x8)./((x5-x1).*(x5-x2).*(x5-x3).*(x5-x4).*(x5-x6).*(x5-x7).*(x5-x8)).*y5+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x7).*(x0-x8)./((x6-x1).*(x6-x2).*(x6-x3).*(x6-x4).*(x6-x5).*(x6-x7).*(x6-x8)).*y6+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x8)./((x7-x1).*(x7-x2).*(x7-x3).*(x7-x4).*(x7-x5).*(x7-x6).*(x7-x8)).*y7+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7)./((x8-x1).*(x8-x2).*(x8-x3).*(x8-x4).*(x8-x5).*(x8-x6).*(x8-x7)).*y8;

end

if(N==7)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3).*(x1-x4).*(x1-x5).*(x1-x6).*(x1-x7)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3).*(x2-x4).*(x2-x5).*(x2-x6).*(x2-x7)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2).*(x3-x4).*(x3-x5).*(x3-x6).*(x3-x7)).*y3+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7)./((x4-x1).*(x4-x2).*(x4-x3).*(x4-x5).*(x4-x6).*(x4-x7)).*y4+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x6).*(x0-x7)./((x5-x1).*(x5-x2).*(x5-x3).*(x5-x4).*(x5-x6).*(x5-x7)).*y5+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x7)./((x6-x1).*(x6-x2).*(x6-x3).*(x6-x4).*(x6-x5).*(x6-x7)).*y6+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x7-x1).*(x7-x2).*(x7-x3).*(x7-x4).*(x7-x5).*(x7-x6)).*y7;
end
if(N==6)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3).*(x1-x4).*(x1-x5).*(x1-x6)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3).*(x2-x4).*(x2-x5).*(x2-x6)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2).*(x3-x4).*(x3-x5).*(x3-x6)).*y3+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x4-x1).*(x4-x2).*(x4-x3).*(x4-x5).*(x4-x6)).*y4+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x6)./((x5-x1).*(x5-x2).*(x5-x3).*(x5-x4).*(x5-x6)).*y5+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5)./((x6-x1).*(x6-x2).*(x6-x3).*(x6-x4).*(x6-x5)).*y6;
end

if(N==5)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3).*(x1-x4).*(x1-x5)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3).*(x2-x4).*(x2-x5)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2).*(x3-x4).*(x3-x5)).*y3+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x5)./((x4-x1).*(x4-x2).*(x4-x3).*(x4-x5)).*y4+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4)./((x5-x1).*(x5-x2).*(x5-x3).*(x5-x4)).*y5;
end

if(N==4)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3).*(x1-x4)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3).*(x2-x4)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x4)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2).*(x3-x4)).*y3+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3)./((x4-x1).*(x4-x2).*(x4-x3)).*y4;
end
if(N==3)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2)).*y3;
end
if(N==2)
y0=(x0-x2)./((x1-x2)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1)./((x2-x1)).*y2;
end

%y0=(x0-x3)/(x2-x3)*y2+(x0-x2)/(x3-x2)*y3;

end
function [dwdZ,d2wdZ2,d3wdZ3] = First3Derivatives2ndOrderEqSpacedA(wnStart,Nn,dNn,w,Z)

[wS] = InterpolateOrderN6(6,Z(wnStart)-dNn,Z(wnStart),Z(wnStart+1),Z(wnStart+2),Z(wnStart+3),Z(wnStart+4),Z(wnStart+5),w(wnStart),w(wnStart+1),w(wnStart+2),w(wnStart+3),w(wnStart+4),w(wnStart+5));
 [wE] = InterpolateOrderN6(6,Z(Nn)+dNn,Z(Nn),Z(Nn-1),Z(Nn-2),Z(Nn-3),Z(Nn-4),Z(Nn-5),w(Nn),w(Nn-1),w(Nn-2),w(Nn-3),w(Nn-4),w(Nn-5));

[wS2] = InterpolateOrderN6(6,Z(wnStart)-2*dNn,Z(wnStart),Z(wnStart+1),Z(wnStart+2),Z(wnStart+3),Z(wnStart+4),Z(wnStart+5),w(wnStart),w(wnStart+1),w(wnStart+2),w(wnStart+3),w(wnStart+4),w(wnStart+5));
 [wE2] = InterpolateOrderN6(6,Z(Nn)+2*dNn,Z(Nn),Z(Nn-1),Z(Nn-2),Z(Nn-3),Z(Nn-4),Z(Nn-5),w(Nn),w(Nn-1),w(Nn-2),w(Nn-3),w(Nn-4),w(Nn-5));

d2wdZ2(wnStart)=(wS-2*w(wnStart)+w(wnStart+1))/(dNn.^2);
  d2wdZ2(wnStart+1:Nn-1)=(w(wnStart:Nn-2)-2*w(wnStart+1:Nn-1)+1*w(wnStart+2:Nn))/(dNn.^2);
  d2wdZ2(Nn)=(wE-2*w(Nn)+w(Nn-1))/(dNn.^2);

dwdZ(wnStart)=(-1*wS+1*w(wnStart+1))/(2*dNn);
  dwdZ(wnStart+1:Nn-1)=(-1*w(wnStart:Nn-2)+1*w(wnStart+2:Nn))/(2*dNn);
  dwdZ(Nn)=(wE-w(Nn-1))/(2*dNn);

dwdZ(wnStart+3:Nn-3) = (-1*w(wnStart:Nn-6)+9*w(wnStart+1:Nn-5)-45*w(wnStart+2:Nn-4)+0*w(wnStart+3:Nn-3)+45*w(wnStart+4:Nn-2)- ...
     9*w(wnStart+5:Nn-1)+1*w(wnStart+6:Nn))/(60*dNn);

[dwdZ(wnStart)] = InterpolateOrderN6(5,Z(wnStart),Z(wnStart+1),Z(wnStart+2),Z(wnStart+3),Z(wnStart+4),Z(wnStart+5),0,dwdZ(wnStart+1),dwdZ(wnStart+2),dwdZ(wnStart+3),dwdZ(wnStart+4),dwdZ(wnStart+5),0);
 [dwdZ(Nn)] = InterpolateOrderN6(5,Z(Nn),Z(Nn-1),Z(Nn-2),Z(Nn-3),Z(Nn-4),Z(Nn-5),0,dwdZ(Nn-1),dwdZ(Nn-2),dwdZ(Nn-3),dwdZ(Nn-4),dwdZ(Nn-5),0);

d2wdZ2(wnStart+3:Nn-3) = (2*w(wnStart:Nn-6)-27*w(wnStart+1:Nn-5)+270*w(wnStart+2:Nn-4)-490*w(wnStart+3:Nn-3)+270*w(wnStart+4:Nn-2)- ...
     27*w(wnStart+5:Nn-1)+2*w(wnStart+6:Nn))/(180*dNn.^2);

% (2*f[i-3]-27*f[i-2]+270*f[i-1]-490*f[i+0]+270*f[i+1]-27*f[i+2]+2*f[i+3])/(180*1.0*h**2)

[d2wdZ2(wnStart)] = InterpolateOrderN6(5,Z(wnStart),Z(wnStart+1),Z(wnStart+2),Z(wnStart+3),Z(wnStart+4),Z(wnStart+5),0,d2wdZ2(wnStart+1),d2wdZ2(wnStart+2),d2wdZ2(wnStart+3),d2wdZ2(wnStart+4),d2wdZ2(wnStart+5),0);
 [d2wdZ2(Nn)] = InterpolateOrderN6(5,Z(Nn),Z(Nn-1),Z(Nn-2),Z(Nn-3),Z(Nn-4),Z(Nn-5),0,d2wdZ2(Nn-1),d2wdZ2(Nn-2),d2wdZ2(Nn-3),d2wdZ2(Nn-4),d2wdZ2(Nn-5),0);

d3wdZ3(wnStart+2:Nn-2)=(-1*w(wnStart:Nn-4)+2*w(wnStart+1:Nn-3)+0*w(wnStart+2:Nn-2)-2*w(wnStart+3:Nn-1)+w(wnStart+4:Nn))/(2*dNn^3);
 d3wdZ3(wnStart+1)=(-1*wS+2*w(wnStart)+0*w(wnStart+1)-2*w(wnStart+2)+w(wnStart+3))/(2*dNn^3);
 d3wdZ3(wnStart)=(-1*wS2+2*wS+0*w(wnStart)-2*w(wnStart+1)+w(wnStart+2))/(2*dNn^3);
 d3wdZ3(Nn-1)=(-1*w(Nn-3)+2*w(Nn-2)+0*w(Nn-1)-2*w(Nn)+wE)/(2*dNn^3);
 d3wdZ3(Nn)=(-1*w(Nn-2)+2*w(Nn-1)+0*w(Nn)-2*wE+wE2)/(2*dNn^3);

end
function [y0] = InterpolateOrderN6(N,x0,x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6,y1,y2,y3,y4,y5,y6)

if(N==6)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3).*(x1-x4).*(x1-x5).*(x1-x6)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3).*(x2-x4).*(x2-x5).*(x2-x6)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2).*(x3-x4).*(x3-x5).*(x3-x6)).*y3+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x5).*(x0-x6)./((x4-x1).*(x4-x2).*(x4-x3).*(x4-x5).*(x4-x6)).*y4+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x6)./((x5-x1).*(x5-x2).*(x5-x3).*(x5-x4).*(x5-x6)).*y5+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5)./((x6-x1).*(x6-x2).*(x6-x3).*(x6-x4).*(x6-x5)).*y6;
end

if(N==5)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3).*(x1-x4).*(x1-x5)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3).*(x2-x4).*(x2-x5)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x4).*(x0-x5)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2).*(x3-x4).*(x3-x5)).*y3+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x5)./((x4-x1).*(x4-x2).*(x4-x3).*(x4-x5)).*y4+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4)./((x5-x1).*(x5-x2).*(x5-x3).*(x5-x4)).*y5;
end
if(N==4)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3).*(x1-x4)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3).*(x0-x4)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3).*(x2-x4)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x4)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2).*(x3-x4)).*y3+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2).*(x0-x3)./((x4-x1).*(x4-x2).*(x4-x3)).*y4;
end
if(N==3)
y0=(x0-x2).*(x0-x3)./((x1-x2).*(x1-x3)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x3)./((x2-x1).*(x2-x3)).*y2+ ...
   (x0-x1).*(x0-x2)./((x3-x1).*(x3-x2)).*y3;
end
if(N==2)
y0=(x0-x2)./((x1-x2)).*y1+ ...
   (x0-x1)./((x2-x1)).*y2;
end

%y0=(x0-x3)/(x2-x3)*y2+(x0-x2)/(x3-x2)*y3;

end
function [XDensity,IndexOut,IndexMax] = MakeDensityFromSimulation_Infiniti_NEW(X,Paths,NoOfBins,MaxCutOff )
%Processes monte carlo paths to return a series Xdensity as a function of IndexOut. IndexMax is the maximum value of index.
% 

Xmin=0;
Xmax=0;
for p=1:Paths
if(X(p)>MaxCutOff)
X(p)=MaxCutOff;
end
%if(X(p)<0)
%X(p)=0;
%end
if(Xmin>real(X(p)))
Xmin=real(X(p));
end
if(Xmax<real(X(p)))
Xmax=real(X(p));
end
end

%IndexMax=NoOfBins+1;
BinSize=(Xmax-Xmin)/NoOfBins;
%IndexMax=floor((Xmax-Xmin)/BinSize+.5)+1
IndexMax=floor((Xmax-Xmin)/BinSize+.5)+1

XDensity(1:IndexMax)=0.0;

for p=1:Paths
index=real(floor(real(X(p)-Xmin)/BinSize+.5)+1);
if(real(index)<1)
index=1;
end
if(real(index)>IndexMax)
index=IndexMax;
end

XDensity(index)=XDensity(index)+1.0/Paths/BinSize;

end

IndexOut(1:IndexMax)=Xmin+(0:(IndexMax-1))*BinSize;

end

Amin
Topic Author

July 16th, 2021, 8:15 am

This intuition for this new algorithm was derived from the observation that a simple diffusion like brownian motion "expands locally" but  its second derivative with respect to normal random variable is zero,  so therefore SDE diffusions that have their second derivative with respect to normal random variable is non-zero must have some mode other than simple "local expansion" that contributes to their simulation/diffusion. 
This led me to consider the chain derivative of the second derivative of the density with respect to random variable which is responsible for diffusion. This variable is written as [$]\frac{d^2P}{dX^2}[$]

[$]\frac{d^2P}{dX^2}=\frac{d^2}{dX^2}[P(X)]=\frac{d^2}{dX^2}[P(Z)\frac{dZ}{dX}][$]
[$]=\frac{d^2P}{dZ^2}{[\frac{dZ}{dX}]}^3+ 3\frac{dP}{dZ}\frac{dZ}{dX}\frac{d^2 Z}{dX^2}+P(Z)\frac{d^3 Z}{dX^3}[$]
We can take the first  [$]\frac{d^2P}{dZ^2}[$] term as local expansion term which is also present in the brownian motion density and depends solely on first derivatives with respect to normal random variable, [$]\frac{dX}{dZ}[$]. And take the second  [$]\frac{dP}{dZ}[$] term as local translation term which depends on second derivatives with respect to normal random variable, [$]\frac{d^2 X}{dZ^2}[$] and is not present in the brownian motion density and take the third  [$]P(Z)[$] term as local  killing/growth term which depends on third derivatives with respect to normal random variable , [$]\frac{d^3 X}{dZ^3}[$],
In later experiments I neglected the killing/growth term. I knew that I had local expansion term perfectly solved by squared addition of volatilities (just like for brownian motion density) and I just added and experimented with the second "local translation term" to get the method I have presented in the previous posts.

For local expansion term, I used the representation (Here w_n(t) represents the value of w(t) on nth point on Z-grid)
[$]w_n(t)=w(Z_0) + C_{n} + \frac{dw_n}{dZ_n} Z_n[$] 
where [$]w(Z_0)[$] is the value of w associated with the median of the distribution where Z=0.
This helps us to solve for [$]C_{n}[$] for each grid subdivision value of w 
[$]C_{n}=w_n(t)-w(Z_0)  - \frac{dw_n}{dZ_n} Z_n[$] 
and later we can add instantaneous volatilities in a squared fashion(This is only for expansion part and we need to add our translation terms) as
[$]w_n(t+\Delta t)=w(Z_0) + C_{n} + \big[{(\frac{dw_n}{dZ_n})}^2+ {(\sigma \sqrt{\Delta t})}^2 \big] Z_n[$] 

I will soon follow with a formal proof of the method.

Amin
Topic Author

July 23rd, 2021, 3:32 pm

I hope friends liked my program for the analytic solution of SDEs. I am writing this post to make a request to friends to protest my continuing mind control. I decided to write this post earlier today when I was in tears due to mind control frequencies focused on my eyes. When mind control waves are targeted on the eyes, the tissue in the eyes of the victim become very sensitive and eyes start to tear or lose sight. I am sure continued exposure to mind control would already have made a lasting damage to my eyes which will become more and more evident in my older years. I want to request friends to please ask the mind control agents to stop targeting my eyes. 
Every time I drive my car, they release a gas that settles on my face and beard and my consciousness sharply decreases due to the gas and this gas smells terribly bad. I do not use body perfume and therefore this leaves me with a permanent bad smell when I go around. I always have to wash my face and head/hair  in order to regain my consciousness after I am back at home. If I do not wash my face and head, I remain in a state of decreased consciousness. In human mind control agents have been using this tactic for years.
They continue to charge my private parts with gas that diffuses into my dress and there is continuous and painful itch in my back.
I want to request friends again if they liked my work to please do something to make me free from mind control that has continued for 23 years now.

Amin
Topic Author

July 24th, 2021, 9:23 am

Friends my mind control continues with great vigor again. Today I went to see my cousin and I had some food that I had already bought and the was lying in my car while I was inside the house talking to my cousin and their family. Mind control agents added mind control drugs to food lying in my car(I came to know only when I ate the food at home a few hours later.) My cousin's home in outskirts of the town and there is a Petrol pump nearby that I occasionally go to when I visit my cousin. I filled three 6 Liter water bottles from the petrol pump and also took a drink. When I took the drink, it was bad and mind control drugs had been added to it. I was still not thinking that water in three six liter water bottles that I filled from the petrol pump would also be bad and brought it home as such. When I washed my head with the water after coming back home, I realized that water also had mind control chemicals in it. They had anticipated that I would go to the Petrol pump and drugged the tap water and the drinks at the same time. It is a sign of increasing mind control activity and decreasing patience of mind control agencies with me. Please protest to mind control agencies to end their nefarious activities and give me back my freedom.

Amin
Topic Author

July 26th, 2021, 10:55 am

Friends, I am working on a system of two SDEs of the kind we usually see in stochastic volatility problem in the current analytic simulation framework that I used in previous program and will be posting that new program here in a few days.
I wanted to mention that my calculation of numerical derivatives was unnecessarily complicated and relatively unstable(when I had not found the proper solution many times my derivatives were blowing all over and I continued to change the code in effort to somehow get rid of the problem.)  and if you change my derivatives discretization to simplest 2nd order discretization, your program will become far more robust at zero than the code I posted. It can be more even more robust by making the grid flexible at the zero boundary just for the boundary point but I will do that later after I have completed the two SDE stochastic volatility system.
Another thing that I want to do is that on this SDE solution grid, with current technology, you cannot take arithmetic sum of functions in time for a certain realization of the SDE as we could do for a monte carlo path by adding the  value of SDE across time along the same path. Currently, We can find such arithmetic sum across time for each realization of SDE for simple noises (that do not take a large second derivative in their bessel SDE representation) but we could not find arithmetic sums along each realization of SDE for mean reverting SDEs and other arbitrary SDEs but I now hope that we could accomplish that for mean reverting SDEs with a little of effort(I am starting work on this and I am very hopeful) and then we could almost do anything on this grid that otherwise requires monte carlo simulations up to 3-4 dimensions. 
I am not in touch with recent progress in interest rate models but you could do a 3 factor + stochastic volatility LMM simulation on this grid for precision pricing, hedging and calibration of interest rate derivatives. All LIBOR rates/key rates could be solved as a function of 3 orthogonal Z-factors  + 1 stochastic volatility factor on the same grid. But this is only for future work (However PM me if you want me to do something interesting like this for you.)  

Amin
Topic Author

July 26th, 2021, 7:18 pm

Friends, I improved the analytic simulation algorithm for SDEs to make it more robust and now it works far better at zero boundary. You could take a step size that is at least eight times larger than my typical step size but for that you have to make sure that your derivatives at zero are robust and you might have to make the underlying grid, that is currently uniform in Z, slightly adaptive at zero boundary. I am posting some graphs at zero with simple improvements. I will work on making Z-grid adaptive at zero boundary later. Here are some graphs with improved algorithm. I will copy my matlab program in the next post.

Amin
Topic Author

July 26th, 2021, 7:27 pm

Main function.
function [] = FPERevisitedTransProb08ABwNew04()

%Copyright Ahsan Amin. Infiniti derivatives Technologies.
%Please fell free to connect on linkedin: linkedin.com/in/ahsan-amin-0a53334 
%or skype ahsan.amin2999
%In this program, I am simulating the SDE given as
%dy(t)=mu1 x(t)^beta1 dt + mu2 x(t)^beta2 dt +sigma x(t)^gamma dz(t)

%I have not directly simulated the SDE but simulated the transformed 
%Besse1l process version of the SDE and then changed coordinates to retreive
%the SDE in original coo
%rdinates.
%The present program will analytically evolve only the Bessel Process version of the
%SDE in transformed coordinates.

dt=.125/16/2/2/2;   % Simulation time interval.%Fodiffusions close to zero
             %decrease dt for accuracy.
Tt=128*2*2*2*2;     % Number of simulation levels. Terminal time= Tt*dt; //.125/32*32*16=2 year; 
T=Tt*dt;
OrderA=4;  %
OrderM=4;  %
dtM=.0625/2;
TtM=T/dtM;

dNn=.2/1;   % Normal density subdivisions width. would change with number of subdivisions
Nn=50;  % No of normal density subdivisions
NnMidl=25;%One half density Subdivision left from mid of normal density(low)
NnMidh=26;%One half density subdivision right from the mid of normal density(high)
NnMid=4.0;

x0=1;   % starting value of SDE
beta1=0.0;
beta2=1.0;   % Second drift term power.
gamma=.95;%50;   % volatility power.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
kappa=4.0;%.950;   %mean reversion parameter.
theta=.25;%mean reversion target
sigma0=1.50;%Volatility value

%you can specify any general mu1 and mu2 and beta1 and beta2.
mu1=1*theta*kappa;   %first drift coefficient.
mu2=-1*kappa;    % Second drift coefficient.
%mu1=0;
%mu2=0;

alpha=1;% x^alpha is being expanded. This is currently for monte carlo only.
alpha1=1-gamma;%This is for expansion of integrals for calculation of drift 
%and volatility coefficients
yy(1:Nn)=x0;                
w(1:Nn)=x0^(1-gamma)/(1-gamma);

%Z(1:Nn)=(((1:Nn)-5.5)*dNn-NnMid);
Z(1:Nn)=(((1:Nn)-5.5)*dNn-NnMid);

Z
str=input('Look at Z');
ZProb(1)=normcdf(.5*Z(1)+.5*Z(2),0,1)-normcdf(.5*Z(1)+.5*Z(2)-dNn,0,1);
ZProb(Nn)=normcdf(.5*Z(Nn)+.5*Z(Nn-1)+dNn,0,1)-normcdf(.5*Z(Nn)+.5*Z(Nn-1),0,1);
ZProb(2:Nn-1)=normcdf(.5*Z(2:Nn-1)+.5*Z(3:Nn),0,1)-normcdf(.5*Z(2:Nn-1)+.5*Z(1:Nn-2),0,1);
    %Above calculate probability mass in each probability subdivision.

sigma11(1:OrderA+1)=0;
mu11(1:OrderA+1)=0;
mu22(1:OrderA+1)=0;
sigma22(1:OrderA+1)=0;
% index 1 correponds to zero level since matlab indexing starts at one. 
sigma11(1)=1;
mu11(1)=1;
mu22(1)=1;
sigma22(1)=1;

for k=1:(OrderA+1)
    if sigma0~=0
        sigma11(k)=sigma0^(k-1);
    end
    if mu1 ~= 0
        mu11(k)=mu1^(k-1);
    end
    if mu2 ~= 0
        mu22(k)=mu2^(k-1);
    end
    if sigma0~=0
        sigma22(k)=sigma0^(2*(k-1));
    end
end
%Ft(1:TtM+1,1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0; %General time powers on hermite polynomials
Fp(1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0;%General x powers on coefficients of hermite polynomials.
Fp1(1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0;%General x powers for bessel transformed coordinates.

%YCoeff0 and YCoeff are coefficents for original coordinates monte carlo.
%YqCoeff0 and YqCoeff are bessel/lamperti version monte carlo.

YCoeff0(1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0;
YqCoeff0(1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1),1:(OrderA+1))=0;
%Pre-compute the time and power exponent values in small multi-dimensional arrays
YCoeff = ItoTaylorCoeffsNew(alpha,beta1,beta2,gamma); %expand y^alpha where alpha=1;
YqCoeff = ItoTaylorCoeffsNew(alpha1,beta1,beta2,gamma);%expand y^alpha1 where alpha1=(1-gamma)
YqCoeff=YqCoeff/(1-gamma); %Transformed coordinates coefficients have to be 
%further divided by (1-gamma)

for k = 0 : (OrderA)
    for m = 0:k
        l4 = k - m + 1;
        for n = 0 : m
            l3 = m - n + 1;
            for j = 0:n
                l2 = n - j + 1;
                l1 = j + 1;
                %Ft(l1,l2,l3,l4) = dtM^((l1-1) + (l2-1) + (l3-1) + .5* (l4-1));
                Fp(l1,l2,l3,l4) = (alpha + (l1-1) * beta1 + (l2-1) * beta2 + (l3-1) * 2* gamma + (l4-1) * gamma ...
                Fp1(l1,l2,l3,l4) = (alpha1 + (l1-1) * beta1 + (l2-1) * beta2 + (l3-1) * 2* gamma + (l4-1) * gamma ...

YCoeff0(l1,l2,l3,l4) =YCoeff(l1,l2,l3,l4).*mu11(l1).*mu22(l2).*sigma22(l3).*sigma11(l4);
                YqCoeff0(l1,l2,l3,l4) =YqCoeff(l1,l2,l3,l4).*mu11(l1).*mu22(l2).*sigma22(l3).*sigma11(l4);
            end
        end
    end
end

wnStart=1;%
tic

Zt1(wnStart:Nn)=0.0;
Zt2(wnStart:Nn)=0.0;
for tt=1:Tt  

[wMu0dt,dwMu0dtdw,c1] = CalculateDriftAndVolA4(w,wnStart,Nn,YqCoeff0,Fp1,gamma,dt);

[wMid] = InterpolateOrderN8(8,0,Z(NnMidl-3),Z(NnMidl-2),Z(NnMidl-1),Z(NnMidl),Z(NnMidh),Z(NnMidh+1),Z(NnMidh+2),Z(NnMidh+3),w(NnMidl-3),w(NnMidl-2),w(NnMidl-1),w(NnMidl),w(NnMidh),w(NnMidh+1),w(NnMidh+2),w(NnMidh+3));

Zt1(wnStart:Nn)=w(wnStart:Nn)-wMid;

[dwdZ,d2wdZ2A] = First2Derivatives2ndOrderEqSpacedA(wnStart,Nn,dNn,Zt1,Z);

C0(wnStart:Nn)=Zt1(wnStart:Nn)-dwdZ(wnStart:Nn).*Z(wnStart:Nn);

%Zt2(wnStart:Nn)=C0(wnStart:Nn)+abs(sqrt((dwdZ(wnStart:Nn)).^2+sigma0^2*dt)).*Z(wnStart:Nn);
    Zt2(wnStart:Nn)=C0(wnStart:Nn)+abs(sqrt((dwdZ(wnStart:Nn)).^2+c1(wnStart:Nn).^2)).*Z(wnStart:Nn);

[dw2dZ,d2w2dZ2A] = First2Derivatives2ndOrderEqSpacedA(wnStart,Nn,dNn,Zt2,Z);
    if(tt>20)
            wMu0dt(wnStart:Nn)+Zt2(wnStart:Nn)-Zt1(wnStart:Nn)+ ...
            0*.5*sigma0^2*(dwdZ(wnStart:Nn).^(-2)).*d2wdZ2A(wnStart:Nn).*dt+ ...
            .5*sigma0^2*(dw2dZ(wnStart:Nn).^(-2)).*d2w2dZ2A(wnStart:Nn).*dt;
    else
            wMu0dt(wnStart:Nn)+Zt2(wnStart:Nn)-Zt1(wnStart:Nn);%+ ... 
    end
    %yy(wnStart:Nn)=((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(1/(1-gamma));

w1(1:Nn-1)=w(1:Nn-1);
     w1(Nn)=w(Nn);
     w2(1:Nn-1)=w(2:Nn);
     w2(Nn)=wE;          
     w(w1(:)>w2(:))=0;%Be careful;might not universally hold;
      %Change 3:7/25/2020: I have improved zero correction in above.
     w(w<0)=0.0;
     for nn=1:Nn
         if(w(nn)<=0)
            wnStart=nn+1;
         end
     end

end
yy(wnStart:Nn)=((1-gamma).*w(wnStart:Nn)).^(1/(1-gamma));
Dfyy(wnStart:Nn)=0;
for nn=wnStart+1:Nn-1

Dfyy(nn) = (yy(nn + 1) - yy(nn - 1))/(Z(nn + 1) - Z(nn - 1));
    %Change of variable derivative for densities
end

pyy(1:Nn)=0;
for nn = wnStart:Nn-1

pyy(nn) = (normpdf(Z(nn),0, 1))/abs(Dfyy(nn));
end

toc

disp('true Mean only applicable to standard SV mean reverting type models otherwise disregard');

theta1=1;
rng(29079137, 'twister')
paths=200000;
YY(1:paths)=x0;  %Original process monte carlo.
Random1(1:paths)=0;
for tt=1:TtM

Random1=randn(size(Random1));
    HermiteP1(1,1:paths)=1;
    HermiteP1(2,1:paths)=Random1(1:paths);
    HermiteP1(3,1:paths)=Random1(1:paths).^2-1;
    HermiteP1(4,1:paths)=Random1(1:paths).^3-3*Random1(1:paths);
    HermiteP1(5,1:paths)=Random1(1:paths).^4-6*Random1(1:paths).^2+3;

YY(1:paths)=YY(1:paths) + ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,2,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,2,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,2,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,2,1,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,1,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,1,1,1))*dtM + ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,3,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,3,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,2,2,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,2,2,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,1,2,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,1,2,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,3,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,3,1,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,2,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,2,1,1)+ ...
        YCoeff0(3,1,1,1).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(3,1,1,1))*dtM^2 + ...
        ((YCoeff0(1,1,1,2).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,1,2).*sqrt(dtM))+ ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,2,2).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,2,2)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,2,1,2).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,2,1,2)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,1,1,2).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,1,1,2)).*dtM^1.5) .*HermiteP1(2,1:paths) + ...
        ((YCoeff0(1,1,1,3).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,1,3) *dtM) + ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,2,3).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,2,3)+ ...
        YCoeff0(1,2,1,3).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,2,1,3)+ ...
        YCoeff0(2,1,1,3).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(2,1,1,3)).*dtM^2).*HermiteP1(3,1:paths) + ...
        ((YCoeff0(1,1,1,4).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,1,4)*dtM^1.5 )).*HermiteP1(4,1:paths) + ...
        (YCoeff0(1,1,1,5).*YY(1:paths).^Fp(1,1,1,5)*dtM^2.0).*HermiteP1(5,1:paths);

end

YY(YY<0)=0;
disp('Original process average from monte carlo');
MCMean=sum(YY(:))/paths %origianl coordinates monte carlo average.
disp('Original process average from our simulation');

disp('true Mean only applicble to standard SV mean reverting type models otherwise disregard');

MaxCutOff=30;
NoOfBins=round(300*gamma^2*4*sigma0/sqrt(MCMean)/(1+kappa));%Decrease the number of bins if the graph is too 
[YDensity,IndexOutY,IndexMaxY] = MakeDensityFromSimulation_Infiniti_NEW(YY,paths,NoOfBins,MaxCutOff );
plot(yy(wnStart+1:Nn-1),pyy(wnStart+1:Nn-1),'r',IndexOutY(1:IndexMaxY),YDensity(1:IndexMaxY),'g');
 %plot(y_w(wnStart+1:Nn-1),fy_w(wnStart+1:Nn-1),'r',IndexOutY(1:IndexMaxY),YDensity(1:IndexMaxY),'g',Z(wnStart+1:Nn-1),fy_w(wnStart+1:Nn-1),'b');

title(sprintf('x0 = %.4f,theta=%.3f,kappa=%.2f,gamma=%.3f,sigma=%.2f,T=%.2f,dt=%.5f,M=%.4f,TM=%.4f', x0,theta,kappa,gamma,sigma0,T,dt,ItoHermiteMean,TrueMean));%,sprintf('theta= %f', theta), sprintf('kappa = %f', kappa),sprintf('sigma = %f', sigma0),sprintf('T = %f', T));

legend({'Ito-Hermite Density','Monte Carlo Density'},'Location','northeast')

str=input('red line is density of SDE from Ito-Hermite method, green is monte carlo.');

end
Another function that you would need.
function [dwdZ,d2wdZ2] = First2Derivatives2ndOrderEqSpacedA(wnStart,Nn,dNn,w,Z)

d2wdZ2(wnStart)=(2*w(wnStart)-5*w(wnStart+1)+4*w(wnStart+2)-1*w(wnStart+3))/(dNn.^2);
  d2wdZ2(wnStart+1:Nn-1)=(w(wnStart:Nn-2)-2*w(wnStart+1:Nn-1)+1*w(wnStart+2:Nn))/(dNn.^2);
  d2wdZ2(Nn)=(-1*w(Nn)+4*w(Nn-1)-5*w(Nn-2)+2*w(Nn-3))/(dNn.^2);

dwdZ(wnStart) = (-11*w(wnStart)+18*w(wnStart+1)-9*w(wnStart+2)+2*w(wnStart+3))/(6*dNn);
  dwdZ(Nn) = (11*w(Nn)-18*w(Nn-1)+9*w(Nn-2)-2*w(Nn-3))/(6*dNn);
  dwdZ(wnStart+1:Nn-1)=(-1*w(wnStart:Nn-2)+1*w(wnStart+2:Nn))/(2*dNn);

end
Last graph in previous post is output graph of this copied program.
And you would see the following on the screen.

ItoHermiteMean =
true Mean only applicable to standard SV mean reverting type models otherwise disregard
TrueMean =
Original process average from monte carlo
MCMean =
Original process average from our simulation
ItoHermiteMean =
true Mean only applicble to standard SV mean reverting type models otherwise disregard
TrueMean =
IndexMax =
red line is density of SDE from Ito-Hermite method, green is monte carlo.

Amin
Topic Author

July 28th, 2021, 5:49 pm

Friends, I wanted to share a rough sketch of the proof of the method I presented in above programs. I hope friends would like it. 
I am not writing Fokker-planck equation in Bessel coordinates and I am sure most friends are familiar with it. 
In our setting we have an SDE variable, [$]B[$], in Bessel coordinates on nth grid point [$]Z_n[$] of underlying Z-grid. This is represented as [$]B(Z_n)[$]. As a function of time, [$]B(Z_n)[$] is moving so as that CDF of the density at point [$]B(Z_n)[$] remains constant. This is written in equation form as below

[$]\frac{\partial}{\partial t} \big[\int_{-\infty}^{B(Z_n)} P(B) dB \big]=0[$]

applying the time derivative to terms in brackets, we get

[$]\int_{-\infty}^{B(Z_n)} \frac{\partial P(B)}{\partial t} dB +  \frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(B(Z_n)) =0[$]

I will make it more formal but here, since we add drift separately and because we are in Bessel coordinates, I am just replacing [$]\frac{\partial P(B)}{\partial t}[$] by [$].5 {\sigma}^2 \frac{\partial^2 P(B)}{\partial B^2}[$] in the above equation.
Making the substitution in above equation, we get

[$]\int_{-\infty}^{B(Z_n)} \big[.5 {\sigma}^2 \frac{\partial^2 P(B)}{\partial B^2} \big] dB +  \frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(B(Z_n)) =0[$]

Applying the integral on first term, we get

[$]\big[.5 {\sigma}^2 \frac{\partial P(B(Z_n))}{\partial B} \big] +  \frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(B(Z_n)) =0[$]

Now we want to make a change from [$]P(B)[$] to [$]P(Z)[$]. In order to do that we have
[$]P(B)=P(Z)\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B}[$]
[$]\frac{\partial P(B)}{\partial B}=\frac{\partial P(Z)}{\partial Z} {(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})}^2 + P(Z) \frac{\partial^2 Z}{\partial B^2}[$]

Amin
Topic Author

July 28th, 2021, 6:15 pm

Sorry friends, I prematurely hit the submit button and so could not complete the previous post. Here is the actual relevant post. Please disregard the previous incomplete post.
Friends, I wanted to share a rough sketch of the proof of the method I presented in above programs. I hope friends would like it. 
I am not writing Fokker-planck equation in Bessel coordinates and I am sure most friends are familiar with it. 
In our setting we have an SDE variable, [$]B[$], in Bessel coordinates on nth grid point [$]Z_n[$] of underlying Z-grid. This is represented as [$]B(Z_n)[$]. As a function of time, [$]B(Z_n)[$] is moving so as that CDF of the density at point [$]B(Z_n)[$] remains constant. This is written in equation form as below

[$]\frac{\partial}{\partial t} \big[\int_{-\infty}^{B(Z_n)} P(B) dB \big]=0[$]

applying the time derivative to terms in brackets, we get

[$]\int_{-\infty}^{B(Z_n)} \frac{\partial P(B)}{\partial t} dB +  \frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(B(Z_n)) =0[$]

I will make it more formal but here, since we add drift separately and because we are in Bessel coordinates, I am just replacing [$]\frac{\partial P(B)}{\partial t}[$] by [$].5 {\sigma}^2 \frac{\partial^2 P(B)}{\partial B^2}[$] in the above equation.
Making the substitution in above equation, we get

[$]\int_{-\infty}^{B(Z_n)} \big[.5 {\sigma}^2 \frac{\partial^2 P(B)}{\partial B^2} \big] dB +  \frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(B(Z_n)) =0[$]

Applying the integral on first term, we get

[$]\big[.5 {\sigma}^2 \frac{\partial P(B(Z_n))}{\partial B} \big] +  \frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(B(Z_n)) =0[$]

Now we want to make a change from [$]P(B)[$] to [$]P(Z)[$]. In order to do that we have two equations
[$]P(B)=P(Z)\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B}[$] and
[$]\frac{\partial P(B)}{\partial B}=\frac{\partial P(Z)}{\partial Z} {(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})}^2 + P(Z) \frac{\partial^2 Z}{\partial B^2}[$]
Now substituting above two equations in previous equation, we get
[$].5 {\sigma}^2 \big[\frac{\partial P(Z_n)}{\partial Z} {(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})}^2 + P(Z_n) \frac{\partial^2 Z}{\partial B^2} \big] + \frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(Z_n) \frac{\partial Z}{\partial B}=0 [$]
substituting [$]\frac{\partial^2 Z}{\partial B^2} =-{(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})}^3 \frac{\partial^2 B}{\partial Z^2}[$]
we get
[$].5 {\sigma}^2 \big[\frac{\partial P(Z_n)}{\partial Z} {(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})}^2 - P(Z_n) {(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})}^3 \frac{\partial^2 B}{\partial Z^2} \big] + \frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(Z_n) \frac{\partial Z}{\partial B}=0 [$]
cancelling [$]\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B}[$] on both sides, we get
[$].5 {\sigma}^2 \big[\frac{\partial P(Z_n)}{\partial Z} {(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})} - P(Z_n) {(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})}^2 \frac{\partial^2 B}{\partial Z^2} \big] +\frac{\partial B}{\partial t} P(Z_n)=0 [$]
The first term in above is expansion that we have treated in the previous matlab program in a different analytic way by adding squared volatilities . Matching the coefficients of second and third term, we get

[$]\frac{\partial B}{\partial t} = .5 {\sigma}^2 \big[{(\frac{\partial Z}{\partial B})}^2 \frac{\partial^2 B}{\partial Z^2} \big][$]

the last equation is the analytic solution that I have used in my previous matlab programs to get the density of SDEs in Bessel coordinates right.

Amin
Topic Author

July 31st, 2021, 5:29 am

Friends here are a few notes about my derivation in previous post. I am sure most friends already are aware of this but still writing.
1. you can easily substitute Fokker-planck equation in Bessel and original coordinates to get a nice solution to moving boundary of the conserved probability mass.
2. What we derived in previous post is analogous to being sister equation of continuity equation of mathematical physics but just the one with a moving boundary. And I am very sure it can be used at a large number of places where some quantity(not just probability mass) is being conserved and a boundary is moving to get the solution to moving boundary.
Friends, I love sharing my research here but I want to request all the good people to please give me credit for my original research even if I do not write a formal paper on it though I might as well write a formal paper in next few weeks or months in Wilmott journal.
I hope to be coming back soon with new posts with solution to two dimensional system of stochastic volatility type SDEs.