Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ikicker
Topic Author

PBOC website?

July 27th, 2021, 3:27 am

Is BankofChina.cn the appropriate webpage for the central bank of China (the People’s Bank of China)? There is some data that I need from there so that I can avoid using a data service. Also where do they make announcements and publish data on their required reserve ratio?

Thanks.
----
Undergraduate: accounting, finance, information systems; Graduate: MBA/finance; Graduate certificates: data science, applied statistics, advanced valuation; PhD candidate - data science

Blog: Www.ThinkerTinkerSolutions.com

bearish

Re: PBOC website?

July 27th, 2021, 2:08 pm

According to Wikipedia it is pbc.gov.cn

ikicker
Topic Author

Re: PBOC website?

August 4th, 2021, 11:30 pm

According to Wikipedia it is pbc.gov.cn
Thank’s bearish. I’m a little late to bring this up but someone showed me a chart of the RRR and their FX rate. They were highly correlated for years and they made a large decouple. Central back announces shortly after that they are going to have to cut the RRR. You might want to check it out as well. They were trying to argue it was a deflation indicator. It depends on your point of view. I’m not of the school of thought that thinks fluctuations of currency are inflationary or deflationary in themselves.
----
Undergraduate: accounting, finance, information systems; Graduate: MBA/finance; Graduate certificates: data science, applied statistics, advanced valuation; PhD candidate - data science

Blog: Www.ThinkerTinkerSolutions.com