Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

GoldFather
Topic Author

Emerging Markets

December 28th, 2014, 10:45 am

In the waning days of the year 2014 we have begun to consider the impact of emerging financial markets on commodities. I always follow the price of gold, and have learned what influences its price. I have been reading so much about how the increased demand for gold will drive gold prices upwards in 2015. Does anyone have an opinion on what financial markets are going to be the strongest in 2015 and beyond?

Sprinter

Emerging Markets

January 3rd, 2015, 2:29 pm

Demand for gold is driven by the value of dollar, inflation, and interest rate. gold is a hard asset and has to maintain real worth in US dollar terms. gold rises with decreasing dollar. borrowing money and returning with interest is equivalent to borrowing gold and returning other than the borrowing rebate. so gold should appreciate inline with interest rate. rates are low you wouldn't expect the steady increase and inflation is weak. so its all on dollar rising falling and demand from domestic market.

Samsaveel

Emerging Markets

January 8th, 2015, 4:27 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: GoldFatherIn the waning days of the year 2014 we have begun to consider the impact of emerging financial markets on commodities. I always follow the price of gold, and have learned what influences its price. I have been reading so much about how the increased demand for gold will drive gold prices upwards in 2015. Does anyone have an opinion on what financial markets are going to be the strongest in 2015 and beyond?making predictions on future levels of asset prices is very difficult in the current investment environment.with yields so low ,it makes it more difficult for portfolio positioning.and the hunt for yield will continue to be a dominant theme in 2015 and beyond.if you were long the the Shanghai composite ,it is up approx 60% in 2014 and if you were short Brent you would have made a kill.gold was down for the year in 2014,the best assets are "Hard core assets including cash". in my opinion.