Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

karpeev

Choice of matrix library and interface

December 20th, 2011, 4:03 pm

Ah, of course! I'm more used to it going by FD.It shouldn't be hard to do, but let me take a closer look at it.I imagine that, given my other obligations, some time before the New Year is likely,but possibly sooner.Dmitry.

Cuchulainn

January 9th, 2012, 3:54 pm

I propose Boost UBLAS in the short to medium term. I think it is the easiest to use.All those in favour say 'Aye'All those against say 'Nay'(*)(*) but then propose a working alternative. So, arrividerci AAMatrix, BBMatrix, DDMatrix, etc. etc.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on January 8th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polter

February 4th, 2012, 7:20 pm

One more choice: http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/viennac ... mlQuoteThe Vienna Computing Library (ViennaCL) is a scientific computing library written in C++ and based on OpenCL. It allows simple, high-level access to the vast computing resources available on parallel architectures such as GPUs and is primarily focused on common linear algebra operations (BLAS levels 1, 2 and 3) and the solution of large systems of equations by means of iterative methods with optional preconditioner.Some features of interest:QuoteUses OpenCL to support GPUs from NVIDIA and AMDSupport for multi-core CPU (requires AMD APP SDK or Intel OpenCL SDK)Multi-device supportIterative solvers can also be used directly for uBLAS, Eigen and MTL4 objectsConvenient data transfer from and to STL, uBLAS, Eigen and MTL4 objectsInterface similar to Boost uBLASMIT (X11) open source license, which is not bad.

Cuchulainn

February 5th, 2012, 10:30 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: PolterOne more choice: http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/viennac ... mlQuoteThe Vienna Computing Library (ViennaCL) is a scientific computing library written in C++ and based on OpenCL. It allows simple, high-level access to the vast computing resources available on parallel architectures such as GPUs and is primarily focused on common linear algebra operations (BLAS levels 1, 2 and 3) and the solution of large systems of equations by means of iterative methods with optional preconditioner.Some features of interest:QuoteUses OpenCL to support GPUs from NVIDIA and AMDSupport for multi-core CPU (requires AMD APP SDK or Intel OpenCL SDK)Multi-device supportIterative solvers can also be used directly for uBLAS, Eigen and MTL4 objectsConvenient data transfer from and to STL, uBLAS, Eigen and MTL4 objectsInterface similar to Boost uBLASMIT (X11) open source license, which is not bad.Interoperability looks good. On Functionality, it looks similar to uBLAS (minus the couple of matrix solvers).

Cuchulainn

February 8th, 2012, 7:05 pm

A remark on multiarray versus uBLAS; they have different goals.. MA is for regular nd data with slices and range; you just store data; you cannot multiply 2 multiarrays.. uBLAS is different (patterned matrices, algebra).