Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Polter

Visualisation of Data in qfcl

April 7th, 2012, 11:18 pm

ExSan: is there a two-way communication? E.g., if a user clicks on a region of, say, implied volatility surface generated by a PDE solver can Gnuplot let the PDE solver know that it would like to have a refined solution on a more detailed mesh?

ExSan

April 8th, 2012, 6:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: PolterExSan: is there a two-way communication? E.g., if a user clicks on a region of, say, implied volatility surface generated by a PDE solver can Gnuplot let the PDE solver know that it would like to have a refined solution on a more detailed mesh? I have not tried this, I doubt Gnuplot does not get that far
Last edited by ExSan on April 7th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

ExSan

April 8th, 2012, 6:50 pm

This is a volume I have not been able to plot. Matlab graphs the whole structure but I am interested only in the volume that results from the intersection of the six spheres. Can some one give a try ?I have "sliced" (tomography?) the volumen I am interested in see here; just the positive quadrant. White color corresponds to the intersection MATLAB gets to this point,how to plot the intersection ?
Last edited by ExSan on April 7th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

quartz

April 8th, 2012, 7:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: PolterExSan: is there a two-way communication? E.g., if a user clicks on a region of, say, implied volatility surface generated by a PDE solver can Gnuplot let the PDE solver know that it would like to have a refined solution on a more detailed mesh?Yes! (and of course you can rotate 3d objects just like in MATLAB).

Polter

April 8th, 2012, 9:23 pm

ExSan: sphere-sphere intersection is something that should commonly pop up in CAD applications, perhaps ask Cuch if he has some old code that generalizes to the sphere-object_built_from_intersected_spheres case?If you're just interested in the shape: "the intersection of the six spheres is the cube, but with curved faces which bulge out slightly because they are each part of a sphere."http://mks.mff.cuni.cz/kalva/short/soln ... 02/MHasan/ // this might be of some use, see Section 5.1, Figure 2quartz:Interesting! I'm mostly interested in interactive graphics, so other than the above-mentioned libs I've been also looking at some gamedev libs that abstract over OpenGL (want cross-platform, so no DirectX in this case) (SFML looks promising). Perhaps I'll take a look at Gnuplot too, then!
Last edited by Polter on April 8th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

April 15th, 2014, 8:11 pm

hello everyone.is there anything new or cool to remind regarding financial plots?this is home project, i'm willing to plot some 2D 'financial' charts say in a C++ context.with 'financial charts' i mean xaxis = time, yaxis = value, some quick legend, a fun title, and one or several curves from a input data.i've started reading about gnuplot, as it can be called from C++. am i on the right track?Caprice #24

Polter

April 21st, 2014, 9:58 am

tags

April 21st, 2014, 1:50 pm

thanks for your inputs guys.