SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

November 26th, 2019, 12:46 pm

This is the level of insanity we have to deal with in US politics: God chose Trump. For all the stupidity you have to put up with in the Johnson/Corbyn/Farage threesome, you have it relatively easy. Of course, you do have a royal family, but that's still mostly harmless.
I thank God I'm an atheist. Trump; god is the Yahwa muscular version, methinks.

http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Approach your problem from the right end and begin with the answers. Then one day, perhaps you will find the final question..
R. van Gulik

Alan
Topic Author

November 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm

When ppauper was around, it was fun to tease him that Trump actually fit well the biblical narrative for the Antichrist 666. For example, I hear before End Of Days hired Gabriel Byrne, they were reaching out to the Donald -- I wonder why? (BTW, Mayor Giuliani is mentioned in that movie).

More movie evidence: from The Omen:
I remember people say it was un miracolo.
   Frosinone?
  - Here we are. - What is it?
 - "When the Jews return to Zion..." - That's the poem.
 "When the Jews return to Zion..."
 And there was something about a comet.
 Yes, that's here too. "The shower of stars and the rise of the Roman Empire."
 These are supposed to be the events that signal the birth of the Antichrist.
 The devil's child.
 It's making more sense. The Jews have returned to Zion and there has been a comet.
 As for the rise of the Roman Empire,
 scholars think that could well mean the Common Market, the Treaty of Rome.
 - Bit of a stretch. - What about this? In Revelations it says:
  - "He shall rise from the eternal sea." - That's the poem again.
  "From the eternal sea he rises, creating armies on either shore."
  - That was the beginning of it. - Theologians have interpreted
 the "eternal sea" as meaning the world of politics,
 the sea that constantly rages with turmoil and revolution.
So the devil's child will rise from the world of politics.

The amazing fact is that, according to leading constitutional scholars, being the Antichrist is *not* an impeachable offense!   :D

Cuchulainn

November 26th, 2019, 8:54 pm

We should honour ppauiper once a year, you know like Burns night. We can recite ditties about his life and times and drink brandy wine.

A real native is someone who is willing to die fighting for his country. There's nothing more to it. Is that understood? 

Approach your problem from the right end and begin with the answers. Then one day, perhaps you will find the final question..
R. van Gulik

bearish

November 26th, 2019, 11:31 pm

We should honour ppauiper once a year, you know like Burns night. We can recite ditties about his life and times and drink brandy wine.

A real native is someone who is willing to die fighting for his country. There's nothing more to it. Is that understood? 

I can get on board with that program, although I must admit I associate Burns more with haggis and scotch. Ppauper - mostly the haggis part. 

bearish

November 26th, 2019, 11:32 pm

When ppauper was around, it was fun to tease him that Trump actually fit well the biblical narrative for the Antichrist 666. For example, I hear before End Of Days hired Gabriel Byrne, they were reaching out to the Donald -- I wonder why? (BTW, Mayor Giuliani is mentioned in that movie).

More movie evidence: from The Omen:
I remember people say it was un miracolo.
   Frosinone?
  - Here we are. - What is it?
 - "When the Jews return to Zion..." - That's the poem.
 "When the Jews return to Zion..."
 And there was something about a comet.
 Yes, that's here too. "The shower of stars and the rise of the Roman Empire."
 These are supposed to be the events that signal the birth of the Antichrist.
 The devil's child.
 It's making more sense. The Jews have returned to Zion and there has been a comet.
 As for the rise of the Roman Empire,
 scholars think that could well mean the Common Market, the Treaty of Rome.
 - Bit of a stretch. - What about this? In Revelations it says:
  - "He shall rise from the eternal sea." - That's the poem again.
  "From the eternal sea he rises, creating armies on either shore."
  - That was the beginning of it. - Theologians have interpreted
 the "eternal sea" as meaning the world of politics,
 the sea that constantly rages with turmoil and revolution.
So the devil's child will rise from the world of politics.

The amazing fact is that, according to leading constitutional scholars, being the Antichrist is *not* an impeachable offense!   :D
In Trump's case it is not so much the being as the doing. Like, actively soliciting US war criminals to campaign for him. 

bearish

November 28th, 2019, 2:46 am

As for Trump's gross misconduct with respect to the military, he is simply too dumb and too uneducated to have any idea what he is doing. He may not even try to do harm, although he probably does. Just because who he is... 

ISayMoo

November 28th, 2019, 9:39 am

Cuchulainn

November 28th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Copyright in_fringe_ment?

R. van Gulik

bearish

December 2nd, 2019, 1:18 am

So, the whatever has decided that the constitution is entirely irrelevant to him, because he is basically a god. And, since he doesn't care for any other gods, he is like it. Certainly, nothing that little Adam Schiff or the Supremes may have to say will have any fucking relevance whatsoever. 

bearish

December 3rd, 2019, 2:33 am

So, we now seem to have the most corrupt attorney general in the history of the US. William Barr.

tw

December 7th, 2019, 9:40 am

Seoul, South Korea — North Korea threatened Thursday to resume insulting President Trump and consider him a "dotard" if he keeps using provocative language, such as referring to its leader as "rocket man." Choe Son Hui, the first vice foreign minister, issued the warning via state media days after Mr. Trump spoke of possible military action toward the North and revived his "rocket man" nickname for North Korean ruler Kim Jong Un.
source
President Donald Trump on Wednesday cut short his visit to the UK for the NATO summit after a series of humiliating incidents left him isolated and embarrassed by his fellow world leaders.
Despite being there for only two days, Trump was keen to get back to the US, even canceling a final press conference.

Earlier he had called Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau "two-faced" after a video appeared to show Trudeau and other world leaders mocking Trump behind his back.
But it didn't stop there. Trump was also openly questioned by French President Emmanuel Macron about his comments about ISIS, and UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson avoided being photographed with him, apparently fearing that it would taint his image among voters before the December 12 general election.
The dramatic events seemed to be getting to the US president, who was seen sulking throughout the summit.
quoted from here

21st century diplomacy at its most mature. 

My most staunchly Tory broker call me up yesterday and ranted for 30 mins about the Nato flounce out. There is not even a pretence that anyone is steering
the ship of US foreign policy any more.

bearish

December 10th, 2019, 3:21 am

[ltr]
Don’t get why @FoxNews puts losers on like @RepSwalwell (who got ZERO as presidential candidate before quitting), Pramila Jayapal, David Cicilline and others who are Radical Left Haters? The Dems wouldn’t let @FoxNews get near their bad ratings debates, yet Fox panders. Pathetic![/ltr]

2:42 PM - Dec 8, 20  Twitter Ads info and privacy
Frothing at the mouth, his anger is directed at his lap dogs at Fox News. They have the temerity to actually have Democrats (!?!) on air. One of them may even have been kind of brown. Yuck! May he rot in peace...

bearish

December 11th, 2019, 2:29 am

Trump hosted Putin foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, in a tete-a-tete in the White House today. No witnesses. You might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb...
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On