SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

bearish

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 23rd, 2020, 7:24 pm

Oh - in the spirit of eliminating voting, in a very timely commentary (in the Atlantic), the chair of the Pennsylvania GOP has proposed to ignore the popular vote and have the state legislature choose their members of the electoral college. He has discussed the idea with the Trump campaign, who likes it.

Alan
Topic Author

September 23rd, 2020, 8:01 pm

You honestly don’t believe at least half of Americans who have died from Covid so far could have been prevented by marginally competent leadership from the top? 

Correct. 

I do believe a lot of deaths in assisted living facilities could have been prevented. California and New York screwed up there, and I'm sure a lot of other places, too. But in those two states I am aware of egregious errors. 

But in case we're both right, let's just arrest Trump and all the governors and all the public health officials, and have a murder trial for each -- it's the only way to be sure.  

bearish

September 24th, 2020, 12:47 am

OK - I do think we’ll see armed conflict over the upcoming election, so perhaps you will get your desire of seeing Democratic governors eliminated. In fact, the asshole himself predicted it tonight.

bearish

September 24th, 2020, 1:26 am

To quote him: “Get rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very peaceful ... there won’t be a transfer, frankly. There’ll be a continuation, the ballots are out of control”.
That’s your guy!

Alan
Topic Author

September 24th, 2020, 4:06 am

Since you obviously don't speak Trumpese, let me translate for you. "Get rid of the mail-in ballots and there won't be a transition issue because I'll be the winner". Was that so hard?

The mail-in ballots are definitely going to be a source of delay. I know you agree with that. I doubt there will be significant fraud but we'll see. If there are court fights -- and we know there will be -- I'll guess they'll mostly be about mail-in ballots. California will probably be fine, not that it matters. Pennsylvania sounds like a train wreck in progress.  If we know who the next president is a week after the election, it will exceed my low expectations. Worst case is the new Supreme Court will have to resolve a lot of states, taking us to mid-December.  

If, after the dust settles, Biden wins, Trump will turn over his keys -- Melania will insist. In that case, I'll guess they'll move to Florida.

bearish

September 24th, 2020, 9:21 pm

So, now two days in a row he has stated pretty unequivocally that he will not accept defeat, because that means he will have been cheated. I’m guessing you’d say that, while he always tells the truth, this is the one little fib he indulges in telling, just to entertain his base. Right?

Alan
Topic Author

September 25th, 2020, 1:39 pm

I'd say he's just messin' with you. 

bearish

September 25th, 2020, 9:45 pm

The new nominee has been characterized as “a female Antonin Scalia”. There is only one good thing to be said about Scalia, and it is not a feature shared by Ms Barrett.

bearish

September 26th, 2020, 1:13 am

I love the massive illegal Trump rallies! All unmasked and non-distanced, with lots of loud yelling. Hopefully there will be enough infected participants to make at least a small dent in the horde of deplorables.

Alan
Topic Author

September 26th, 2020, 3:15 am

Jealous.  

bearish

September 26th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Que?

bearish

September 27th, 2020, 10:07 pm

Only suckers and losers pay income taxes. And join the military, but that’s a separate set of suckers and losers, since they rarely have much taxable income.

bearish

September 27th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Of course, Trump being a total tax cheat and law breaker, and being under the thumb of a hostile government, are totally irrelevant to his voters. As long as he can assure that any white idiot can buy as many assault weapons as they desire, eliminate abortion rights for American women, keep any further black, brown and Muslim people out of the country, and make sure that the health insurance industry can’t lose money on anybody with preexisting conditions, they’ll adore him. Right, Alan?

Cuchulainn

September 28th, 2020, 1:57 pm

The correlation between paying tax and being a good American is weak. In fact, many voters will love it.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Alan
Topic Author

September 28th, 2020, 2:47 pm

If he loses, there's always book authoring: 
"Trump's guide to minimizing your taxes".   :D
Would be in very heavy demand under Biden admin. 
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On