SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

bearish

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

November 19th, 2020, 7:20 pm

Not unexpectedly, the Hitler wannabe has invited GOP state legislators to the White House to plot to set aside the election results and have them appoint members of the electoral college that will reappoint him.

bearish

November 20th, 2020, 2:56 am

The slime oozing off Trump and the GOP is now getting so deep that the country may have little hope of retaining democracy. And I have a bet riding on this! I simply do not understand how some of these people survive. But my imagination is obviously massively limited.

trackstar

November 20th, 2020, 4:19 am

The slime oozing off Trump and the GOP is now getting so deep that the country may have little hope of retaining democracy. And I have a bet riding on this! I simply do not understand how some of these people survive. But my imagination is obviously massively limited.
The bet is still on and I fully expect to win. The tawdry drama will end by Jan 20.

Of course, there may be no restaurants left by the time people can gather freely for dinner anywhere, but I am well hedged by a large collection of cookbooks!

Tomorrow: potato and leek soup and a number of weekend delicacies TBD.

House committee chairs demand briefing from GSA head on presidential transition - The Hill Nov 19

Romney on Trump election tactics: 'Difficult to imagine a worse, more undemocratic action' by president - The Hill Nov 19
and so on.
Antidote to Fox News 

Alan
Topic Author

November 20th, 2020, 5:16 pm

Speaking of Fox News. WaPo promotes Tucker Carlson segment -- did pigs just fly?

Tucker Carlson bashes Trump attorney Sidney Powell for lack of evidence in fraud claims: ‘She never sent us any’

Paul

November 20th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Sidney is not a woman's name. 

These are women's names: Dana, Carol, Clare, Lesley, Stacey

These are men's names: Sidney, Robin, Leslie 

These are not names: Jamie, Johnny, Jo, Alex, Ernie, Brooklyn

Paul

November 20th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Trump should just pardon every criminal. Let them roam the streets. 

My kayak has arrived. 

Alan
Topic Author

November 20th, 2020, 6:30 pm

Good brainteaser: who are the hottest women named Sidney, Robin, or Leslie?

trackstar

November 20th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Trump should just pardon every criminal. Let them roam the streets. 

My kayak has arrived. 
Great - I am planning to go out this weekend - it is quite cold now, but winter marshes are really beautiful. Will post some pictures in the OT.
Remember to bring your GPS!

On politics, just following Beltway news via Beltway sources now - everything else is just noise.

bearish

November 22nd, 2020, 12:51 am

It was quite fitting, at least numerically, that it was left to the G-19 to make statements about global cooperation to deal with Covid-19, since Trump was too busy playing golf and tweeting lies to participate.

trackstar

November 22nd, 2020, 1:17 am

Here is my problem: as described earlier today on another thread, The State Authorities, in all their wisdom, decided to close the borders of my state in order to deter Thanksgiving travelers and revelers from bringing Covid here.

However, in a typical bureaucratic gaffe - they announced this on Friday (Nov 20)  afternoon and it went into effect at 12:01 am on Saturday.

Thanks for the advance notice.

My kayak is in my sister's barn, so unless I was willing to risk getting stopped by the police and fined $500, I had to abandon my expedition for today.

I am quite sure that the State Troopers are lining up for a big boost in revenues, so I stayed home and raked leaves instead. Give me lemons and I will always make lemonade. : ) But it was over 60 degrees F today (16 C) and would have been wonderful out on the water. Oh well.

BTW - (I forgot to mention) PA Says NO WAY - CNN Nov 21

"A federal judge dealt a death blow to the Trump campaign's effort to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's win of the presidency on Saturday, by dismissing a closely watched lawsuit that sought to invalidate millions of Pennsylvania votes..."Plaintiffs ask this Court to disenfranchise almost seven million voters. This Court has been unable to find any case in which a plaintiff has sought such a drastic remedy in the contest of an election, in terms of the sheer volume of votes asked to be invalidated," Brann wrote Saturday....
The Trump campaign on Saturday night said they would appeal Brann's ruling, and quickly, with the intention of taking the case to the US Supreme Court."

Here we go. 

Alan
Topic Author

November 22nd, 2020, 8:46 pm

bearish

November 22nd, 2020, 9:54 pm

Strictly speaking, that post belongs in the newer thread here, but whatever.

Paul

November 22nd, 2020, 11:03 pm

Rules are meant to be broked.

bearish

November 23rd, 2020, 1:59 am

Yeah, like bad presidents. But that hasn’t happened yet. Unless you go for the obvious “they broke the mold before they made him”. But that is far too generous.

bearish

November 23rd, 2020, 10:08 pm

The gaze of raccoons that passes for Trump’s legal team is at it again. While drooling (not to mention sweating) all over themselves, they’ve filed an incomprehensible jumble of nonsense with the Third Circuit Court of Appeals trying to set aside the votes of the people of Pennsylvania. Because, well some of them may have been colored, and they voted the wrong way. Obviously!
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On