SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
ISayMoo
Posts: 941
Joined: September 30th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 6:14 am

No.
 
User avatar
Gamal
Posts: 2077
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 8:41 am

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 6:20 am

Froollos made some great observations, it's a pity it's him who left.
 
User avatar
ISayMoo
Posts: 941
Joined: September 30th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 6:34 am

I disagree, he was trolling and attacking people, and derailing conversation.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 68466
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 10:01 am

ISayMoo wrote:
Maybe he doesn't hate women?

you wouldn't say that  if you read his posts about Sarah Huckabee,
 
User avatar
Gamal
Posts: 2077
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 8:41 am

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 10:44 am

.
 
User avatar
bearish
Posts: 3588
Joined: February 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Gamal wrote:
.


For one thing, I have daughters. But I am of the opinion that the restrictions on and, in many cases, complete removal of, women’s reproductive rights in the name of some fucking religion or other is among the major problems of the world. And, of course, ultimately not just hurting women.
 
User avatar
bearish
Posts: 3588
Joined: February 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 12:21 pm

ppauper wrote:
ISayMoo wrote:
Maybe he doesn't hate women?

you wouldn't say that  if you read his posts about Sarah Huckabee,


I think you have made your views in this regard quite clear on the “No fat chicks” thread.
 
User avatar
Gamal
Posts: 2077
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 8:41 am

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 12:44 pm

bearish wrote:
Gamal wrote:
.


For one thing, I have daughters. But I am of the opinion that the restrictions on and, in many cases, complete removal of, women’s reproductive rights in the name of some fucking religion or other is among the major problems of the world. And, of course, ultimately not just hurting women.

We will be all happy if we allow women to kill their children? Some religion are nonsense but not that nonsens.
 
User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8530
Joined: July 20th, 2001, 3:28 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 12:47 pm

“Rights” can be used to refer to what is legally permitted. Increasingly it is used to refer to (largely) unquestionable actions, such as homosexuality, sometimes actions that have no impact outside the participants.

I struggle to see abortion as a clear-cut black and white issue. I can see that the first use of “rights” is applicable here. However I suspect that most people who use the word in this context intend the second meaning. I’m not sure that’s valid, or is helpful.

Note that I’m not saying where I stand on this subject.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 68466
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 12:57 pm

bearish wrote:
Gamal wrote:
.


For one thing, I have daughters.

which is why you would never ever vote for a clinton
Image
 
User avatar
Gamal
Posts: 2077
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 8:41 am

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 1:02 pm

ppauper wrote:
bearish wrote:
Gamal wrote:
.


For one thing, I have daughters.

which is why you would never ever vote for a clinton

Chelsea Clinton? Bill is already too old for both: presidency or rape.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 68466
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 1:12 pm

in the US, a hitherto unknown right to an abortion was discovered by the supreme court in 1973: it was  described as "an emanation from a penumbra" and was an example of the justices inventing law to arrive at the outcome they desired rather than deciding the outcome based on existing law.
Prior to that, the individual states decided for themselves
In the unlikely event of roe  being overturned, the issue would revert to the states which seems a fair compromise.

What you're all forgetting is that conservative judges respect precedent as well as the constitution 
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 68466
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Gamal wrote:
ppauper wrote:
bearish wrote:

For one thing, I have daughters.

which is why you would never ever vote for a clinton

Chelsea Clinton? Bill is already too old for both: presidency or rape.

there's been talk of hillary trying for a 3rd time
People might be able to argue that they didn't know clinton was a rapist when they voted for him in 1992, but when he ran for reelection in 1996, everyone knew and decided the "pros" of liking his policies outweighed the "cons" of him being a rapist
 
User avatar
bearish
Posts: 3588
Joined: February 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 1:19 pm

ppauper wrote:
in the US, a hitherto unknown right to an abortion was discovered by the supreme court in 1973: it was  described as "an emanation from a penumbra" and was an example of the justices inventing law to arrive at the outcome they desired rather than deciding the outcome based on existing law.
Prior to that, the individual states decided for themselves
In the unlikely event of roe  being overturned, the issue would revert to the states which seems a fair compromise.

What you're all forgetting is that conservative judges respect precedent as well as the constitution 

When Trump asks his puppets on the Supreme Court to jump, the only question will be how high? He has pretty much said so himself, especially in the case of abortion.
 
User avatar
bearish
Posts: 3588
Joined: February 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

September 8th, 2018, 1:20 pm

ppauper wrote:
Gamal wrote:
ppauper wrote:
which is why you would never ever vote for a clinton

Chelsea Clinton? Bill is already too old for both: presidency or rape.

there's been talk of hillary trying for a 3rd time
People might be able to argue that they didn't know clinton was a rapist when they voted for him in 1992, but when he ran for reelection in 1996, everyone knew and decided the "pros" of liking his policies outweighed the "cons" of him being a rapist

But Hillary is already dead, and her appearance is just a sock puppet that has a hard time with stairs. Which makes exactly as much sense as your version of history.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...