SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Paul

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

February 28th, 2020, 3:08 am

You'll die because of your healthcare system.

bearish

February 28th, 2020, 3:13 am

Fair enough. But having an imbecile in charge is not making it any better!

katastrofa

February 28th, 2020, 9:55 am

In the UK we're not dying because of healthcare but because of the health system, a much more complex story.

bearish

February 29th, 2020, 1:26 am

So, this is obviously par for the course, but the president-princeling made an interesting observation about Democrats today: "But for them to try to take a pandemic and seemingly hope that it comes here, and kills millions of people so that they could end Donald Trump's streak of winning, is a new level of sickness. You know, I don't know if this is coronavirus or Trump derangement syndrome, but these people are infected badly.

Collector

March 1st, 2020, 9:38 am

you are talking about Norway I assume. The Norwegian doctor that came home from italy, had flue symptoms insisted on getting tested in the hospital where SheHe worked, that consider themself the leading also infection disease hospital in the country. Infection department refused testing the doctor. The doctor went to work (eye doctor), 4 of his co-workers so far confirmed infected with corona, and also was in contact with up to 100 patients.  How many of the patients got corona is unclear, they will likely save on tests there, if patients not get critical ill why would they test, it could make them look even more bad.

bearish

March 1st, 2020, 1:26 pm

you are talking about Norway I assume. The Norwegian doctor that came home from italy, had flue symptoms insisted on getting tested in the hospital where SheHe worked, that consider themself the leading also infection disease hospital in the country. Infection department refused testing the doctor. The doctor went to work (eye doctor), 4 of his co-workers so far confirmed infected with corona, and also was in contact with up to 100 patients.  How many of the patients got corona is unclear, they will likely save on tests there, if patients not get critical ill why would they test, it could make them look even more bad.
Paul was definitely referring to the US, but we don’t hold a monopoly on doing stupid things. Meanwhile the whiner-in-chief goes on about the corona virus hoax, and (with the voice and attitude of a five year old) how unfair it is to him. And then he sends cokehead Larry out on TV to tell people to buy stocks and not worry.

Alan
Topic Author

March 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm

So, this is obviously par for the course, but the president-princeling made an interesting observation about Democrats today: "But for them to try to take a pandemic and seemingly hope that it comes here, and kills millions of people so that they could end Donald Trump's streak of winning, is a new level of sickness. You know, I don't know if this is coronavirus or Trump derangement syndrome, but these people are infected badly.

It's much worse. I have heard some left-wing anarchists groups are hosting parties where they purposely expose themselves to the virus to further its propagation.

No, I made that up.

Or, did I? 

trackstar

March 1st, 2020, 11:43 pm

I did not make this up: 

Breaking news - Pete Buttigieg is exiting the Democratic race.

Alan
Topic Author

March 2nd, 2020, 12:12 am

Strange timing, IMO. He might have done well in California on Super Tuesday. Why not wait and find out?

Just had an idea for "Mike will get it done" Bloomberg. Take the next $100 million targeted for tv ad spending and, instead, fund a fast, stealth COVID-19 vaccine effort, in case the current vaccine pipeline proves ineffective in clinical trials.  On second thought, announce he's going to do it and do it.  

trackstar

March 2nd, 2020, 12:21 am

Strange timing, IMO. He might have done well in California on Super Tuesday. Why not wait and find out?

Just had an idea for "Mike will get it done" Bloomberg. Take the next $100 million targeted for tv ad spending and, instead, fund a fast, stealth COVID-19 vaccine effort, in case the current vaccine pipeline proves ineffective in clinical trials.  On second thought, announce he's going to do it and do it.  
will have to see if he throws his support in behind someone else very quickly. Can try to guess which one. (Obviously not Sanders.)
If so, it would be a helpful boost.
Last edited by trackstar on March 2nd, 2020, 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

bearish

March 2nd, 2020, 12:22 am

It's much worse. I have heard some left-wing anarchists groups are hosting parties where they purposely expose themselves to the virus to further its propagation.

No, I made that up.

Or, did I? 
And, for clarity, "left-wing anarchists groups" means Democrats? Presumably of the moderate kind, because the Trump family loves Bernie, and would not do anything at this stage to upset his apple cart.

Alan
Topic Author

March 2nd, 2020, 12:30 am

No, I can see the confusion, but it means what it says. If I wanted to make up a story about Democrats, I would have. 
Last edited by Alan on March 2nd, 2020, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

March 2nd, 2020, 12:33 am

Options on who Buttigieg will endorse.
Tom Steyer is also out, but he had no delegates from the primaries so far. 

Delegates:

Bernie Sanders 58
Joe Biden 50
Pete Buttigieg 26
Elizabeth Warren 8
Amy Klobuchar 7
Rest of the field - 0
149 delegates declared in all.

bearish

March 2nd, 2020, 12:01 pm

I’m guessing he will wait until after we have the result of tomorrow’s races and pick either Biden or Bloomberg, based on perceived viability against Sanders.

Collector

March 2nd, 2020, 1:34 pm

I’m guessing he will wait until after we have the result of tomorrow’s races and pick either Biden or Bloomberg, based on perceived viability against Sanders.
any vote botton on the bloomberg terminal? or not implemented yet? with block orders I assume!

voting from home would make sense in Covid-times! (if u want too mobilize home-sitters)
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On