SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

bearish

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

June 11th, 2020, 9:35 pm

can foreigners donate money to candidates to support their campaigns?  

or just for past candidates (through for example renting a bunch of bloomberg terminals to support M. B. campaign ) ?
In a word - No.

”Campaigns may not solicit or accept contributions from foreign nationals. Federal law prohibits contributions, donations, expenditures and disbursements solicited, directed, received or made directly or indirectly by or from foreign nationals in connection with any election — federal, state or local.”
From www.fec.gov

bearish

June 11th, 2020, 11:14 pm

As Trump ramps up his campaign events, where idiots will be packed to the rafters, there is a small catch. They have to sign disclaimers that they won’t sue him for catching covid. Love it!

Collector

June 15th, 2020, 10:32 am

Biden dont have such disclaimer? he will spend the presidency on covid court cases?? (then he will likely blame Norwegian salmon for covid)

The circus is on, send me a message when the election is over (and the next circus act starts)!

bearish

June 15th, 2020, 10:51 am

Biden does not, since the Democrats don’t plan to hold campaign rallies full of rabid people drooling all over each other.

Collector

June 15th, 2020, 11:58 am

sorry I forgot they are sick home ?? (from drooling all over each other in recent street events)...or mostly republicans?

it seems series of people and events are exempt from precautionary principle rules. All I know: if I got to Sweden to buy a single bottle of corona beer in a remote store, even if using gloves and face masks,  I will be stopped on way home and put 14 days in home quarantine.

Cuchulainn

June 15th, 2020, 12:42 pm

sorry I forgot they are sick home ?? (from drooling all over each other in recent street events)...or mostly republicans?

it seems series of people and events are exempt from precautionary principle rules. All I know: if I got to Sweden to buy a single bottle of corona beer in a remote store, even if using gloves and face masks,  I will be stopped on way home and put 14 days in home quarantine.
Make sure to pay that beer tax! Your country needs YOU!
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Collector

June 15th, 2020, 12:58 pm

and I would run out off beer, but I finally figured it out now, I need to buy 14 bottles of beer, one for each day in home quarantine! 

Sweden here I come!

bearish

June 15th, 2020, 3:01 pm

and I would run out off beer, but I finally figured it out now, I need to buy 14 bottles of beer, one for each day in home quarantine! 

Sweden here I come!
My father used to swear by Norrlands Guld.

bearish

June 15th, 2020, 10:54 pm

But back to Trump. In a fascinating plot twist, Trump appointee Neil Gorsuch penned the SCOTUS ruling today that crushed many a Republican heart (OK, I assume they exist, even if they're small and dark) by establishing that the 1964 federal civil rights protection against discrimination on the basis of sex applies to the LBGTQ+ community. Legal scholars are pondering the strategic impact of this, seemingly peculiar, behavior, but we should probably give him credit for now. 

Cuchulainn

June 16th, 2020, 8:20 am

But back to Trump. In a fascinating plot twist, Trump appointee Neil Gorsuch penned the SCOTUS ruling today that crushed many a Republican heart (OK, I assume they exist, even if they're small and dark) by establishing that the 1964 federal civil rights protection against discrimination on the basis of sex applies to the LBGTQ+ community. Legal scholars are pondering the strategic impact of this, seemingly peculiar, behavior, but we should probably give him credit for now. 
Marius SCOTUS?

bearish

June 17th, 2020, 1:22 am

Mike Pence today in the WSJ declared that the US handling of the coronavirus was a “cause for celebration”. Tens of thousands of people will die over the next couple of months, while the disease is pretty much contained in well run countries. The idiot in chief will conduct the largest indoor gathering of people in the Western Hemisphere in Tulsa this weekend. A city with an out-of-control outbreak of the virus. The governor of Texas has promised to block any attempts by mayors to enforce basic security measures. Because, I guess, he just wants people to die. And should anybody try to take legal action against him, they’ll have to deal with Samuel fucking Alito, who will block any such effort. At least for long enough for a lot of people to die.

Collector

June 17th, 2020, 12:15 pm

Get ready for independent candidates suddenly joining the circus  !!

Cuchulainn

June 17th, 2020, 2:33 pm

bearish

June 18th, 2020, 12:59 am

This is obviously not going to change the opinion of Trump’s base, who’s beyond hope, but it’s pretty cool when his former national security advisor points out that he was actively soliciting the assistance of foreign dictators to get him re-elected.

bearish

June 18th, 2020, 1:06 am

Oh, oh, oh - we need a restraining order! No, not actually to prevent the upcoming super spreading Covid event in Tulsa, but to suppress the publication of John Bolton’s book. Because, while it won’t actually kill anybody, it may be embarrassing for the orange haired.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On